PDA

View Full Version : Several Questions

steve1978
18-05-10, 21:09
Hi,

Ok i have a few issues. just got the VU plus duo today and intitial setup everything went fine.

I put a hard drive in, seagate barracuda 400gb and first itr woked ok pausing etc but then when i tried to format itr it said i must do it in main menu. so main menu - setup -initialise hard drive.,..

Failed to initialise, now it wont even pause etc. doesnt show up in the device manager anymore.

Second.

When i goto menu- media player i can see my hard drive, is there anyway for me to transfer all my fav stuff from my PC to this drive through the network? then i dont have to boot up the pc when i want to watch an episode of something i have downloaded.

Thanks for help

grtmoby
18-05-10, 21:13
i would recommend to format the hard disk on your pc then transfer it to the vu.

u can do this through ftp. connect to the vu and send whatever files you want to.

Sicilian
18-05-10, 21:53
Re-boot and try the initialize procedure again, you cant format it on a PC, the VU+ Duo uses a linux file system. If it dont initialize, you may have to remove it, connect to a pc and delete any partitions that may have been created.

Media files, as Grt stated, simply ftp them.

steve1978
18-05-10, 22:17
Thanks troops, will have a play, real ball ache!! wonder if i could use a linux pc to format it over the network.....

mrgee
18-05-10, 23:13
Thanks troops, will have a play, real ball ache!! wonder if i could use a linux pc to format it over the network.....

EASEUS Partition Manager will create a linux partition in windows if you havn't a linux pc. You could then put it back in the VU to see if it recognises the drive, then reformat in the Vu so it sets up the correct file system for the box