PDA

View Full Version : Setting up F1turbo stb

Maxpower
12-12-17, 20:20
Just purchased f1turbo, to replace my Spider box, but when i install it, I can’t seem to get it to drive my H2H box.
I have set it up as advised by WOS but still no joy.
I put my Spiderboxback on and it works.
1. how can I check theF1 issending a signal to the H2H.
2. Is there any detailed installation guide available.
3. The F1 has been flashed with VIX, will that be any cause of the issue.
Or could the F1 possibly be faulty.
Thanks.

Ashley69
12-12-17, 20:24
What is a H2H box?

roybach
12-12-17, 20:33
OP possibly means Horizon to Horizon motor (Dish)

Maxpower
13-12-17, 11:28
Movable dish and motor Horizon to Horizon.
The motor is ok and I can move it using the STB but having great difficulty setting this STB up.
The STB does not respond as I think it should.
Could this be because its VIX flashed as I am trying to set it up just as a normal STB. Not even considered using VIX yet.
I was going to look into that after setting the box up.

Maxpower
14-12-17, 16:54
Hi I am still struggling with setting this box up.
I have had a good read of the OpenVIX manual and tried setting up the STB in accordance with the instructions given.
Unfortunately they do not relate precisely to my STB , although I have tried to apply them, I cannot get it work. I get no signal to lock on.
Can anyone just give me a bit of direction, I’m not lazy I have done my research! Read the advice but still no success.
Many thanks.

Sicilian
14-12-17, 17:05
What are you trying to setup? What is connected to your tuner/tuners?

Menu > setup > tuner config, what are your tuner settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxpower
14-12-17, 19:31
Hi Sicilian,
I have tried setting it up as Simple with USALs. Both with and without diseque.
Tried also as Advanced
It does appear to be to do with my rotor on my H2H dish. Sometimes I can see it moving, another time I can’t.
I often get error no signal to lock onto.

Maxpower
14-12-17, 23:08
Some reason it does not seem to be saving settings.
If I do an advanced setup, use usuals2 and select two satellites, then press green button to save the setting but when I go to do a search it starts going through all the satellites.
Also cannot find a setting for diseque 1.2
It’s driving me up the wall.
Could the STB be faulty?

Sicilian
14-12-17, 23:27
No, hardware will not be faulty. Post screenshots of your settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxpower
15-12-17, 01:21
Which settings, I have tried so many options as there’s no instruction on how to set it up.
I have tried the setup procedure as defined in OprnVIX manual.
But there’s different options and just doesent work.

Sicilian
15-12-17, 07:58
Before we get further into this, please confirm exactly which receiver you have, F4 Turbo or the F1? Also confirm if you ordered with any extra tuners.

Also confirm, are you using an actuator motor with a positioner box?

Maxpower
15-12-17, 11:19
Sorry here’s what I have

Formuler F4 Turbo Linux Enigma 2 H.265 HEVC HD Satellite DVB-S/S2 Receiver - with Optional Tuner
- Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (Flashed Free Of Charge): OpenViX (Latest)
I am using an H2H dish with Stab motor driven by STB.
Did have others STBs in the past and all worked fine.

Can’t understand why the STB will not save settings.
I’m not a complete newbie. I have been using my sat for years and pretty familiar with setting up other STBs but been out of the hobby for a couple of years and thought I would try this one.
Have not got my head around Openvix yet, but thought I would look into it when I have the system back up and running.
I have not sat on my backside, I have read up as much info as I can find. But I just can’t get the STB to play ball. Thanks.

Sicilian
15-12-17, 11:29
Do as follows:

1) Menu > Setup > Tuner Setup > Select your tuner and press ok > Set as per the attached screenshot using your longitude and latitude. Press GREEN button to save.
2) Make sure you have internet connection connected. Menu > Plugins > Press Green to download > Settings > Install vhannibals motor settings.
3) Once done exit all screens.
4) Reboot the receiver, hold down standby button on remote and select restart on TV.

Once rebooted go into the channel lists and navigate satellites.

Maxpower
15-12-17, 12:44
Hi, thanks for the info.
Tried that but still no joy.
Here’s a few screen shots, perhaps that will throw some light on what’s happening.

Sicilian
15-12-17, 12:56
Are you sure that is correct longitude and latitude? Where are you located?

Maxpower
15-12-17, 13:01
Hi, thanks for the info.
Tried that but still no joy.
I can get it to see sat’s but nothing being shown. At least a bit of a way forward.

Maxpower
15-12-17, 13:22
ME22UB
Strood, Medway Kent.
You have been very helpful and I appreciate that.
Have we anyone in my area who could try setting it up for me. I’ll pay his time.
Or failing that I shall have no alternative but to send it back. Which would be a shame.
Could it be that the dish is not pointing in the right position to start with?

Sicilian
15-12-17, 14:09
ME22UB
Strood, Medway Kent.
You have been very helpful and I appreciate that.
Have we anyone in my area who could try setting it up for me. I’ll pay his time.
Or failing that I shall have no alternative but to send it back. Which would be a shame.
Could it be that the dish is not pointing in the right position to start with?

Latitude should be 51.3974.
Longitude should be 0.4566 west.

Have you installed the vhannibals list? How are you selecting channels?

Send it back because of your own setup issue?

Maxpower
15-12-17, 14:58
Yes I understand what you say, but is it a setup issue. That’s why I have done all my research, and asked for advice, not for someone to do something for free. Perhaps my knowledge is not as great as others. But that’s why I’ve been on here for years to learn.
Never had problems before with Technomate, Humax, Spider Box etc. Done all my own installations including fittingdish etc.
So I don’t see myself as a lamer, just hitting an issue I can’t seem to resolve.
I know what my Lat/Long are and the corordinates that have been entered.
Admitted I know nothing about OpenVix but was willing to learn.
But that is beside the point, there must be other less knowledgable buyers who purchase a STB and expect it to be reasonable just to set up.
But in this instance I cannot get it to do, and all the info on it does not match what happens when carrying it out.
As I cannot get it to install, as a STB and it does not respond to the guidance instructions then I have to question whether it is faulty or not.
That is not unreasonable.

Maxpower
19-01-18, 13:08
Thanks Guys, I have it up and running now.
But still got to get my head around how I can use it to my best advantage, mainly because
1. I am not familiar with OpenVix,so doing a lot of reading at the moment.
2. Still trying to find what it is capable of doing.