PDA

View Full Version : could anyone give advice please ?

chadda
12-12-17, 11:57
this setup is in an apartment block

in the pic you see --- sat and return i have a vu box connected to the sat out which if fine
what i need is a tv working in the bedroom just for free view there is a tv terrestrial socket in the bedroom but signal is really bad tried a signal booster but no good
could anyone tell me what the return is for on that pic if i connect a cable to it and a box will it work in the bedroom ?
or would a sat splitter work ?
cheers

twol
12-12-17, 13:01
No idea about your „return“ connection - sorry:)
However, is the Vu+ attached to a Lan connection or WiFi?
I would be tempted to buy a cheapish receiver (connected to the bedroom telly) and use a C/S connection to the Vu+ ... but you need an ethernet connection of some description (perhaps even powerplugs - although I have never found them that useful except for printers)

TK4|2|1
12-12-17, 19:52
The return is for rf2 connection of a sky box. You can connect the TV connection to the return connection to get picture in the bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twol
12-12-17, 20:08
The return is for rf2 connection of a sky box. You can connect the TV connection to the return connection to get picture in the bedroom.
So this connects to the TV terrestial connection in his bedroom??

TK4|2|1
13-12-17, 07:06
So this connects to the TV terrestial connection in his bedroom??

Yes.
Like I said, it’s designed to connect to the rf2 output of a sky box, so it allowed viewing in another room of sky. Normally the TV would go into the sky box and then into the return, allowing terrestrial and sky signal to the other socket in the house/flat. But in the absence of a sky box, connecting the TV connection to the return, will send terrestrial to the bedroom.