PDA

View Full Version : Use keyboard?

Tangfolio
09-12-17, 13:54
Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to use a keyboard with a Vu+ Solo4K running openvix 5.1?
I have tried a USB keyboard, nothing doing.
Installed the blutooth plugin but nothing doing with a Ms bluetooth keyboard, it never detects it.
Have borrowed a Logitech 400 wireless keyboard with it's own USB receiver and the cursor keys work but noting else.
I want to enter quite a bit of text in a plugin but find the standard thing a nightmare to use with the remote.

Trial
09-12-17, 18:57
Hi,
do you have the original bluetooth adapter from VU? I think it is the only one which will work. I tested my Harmony Keyboard with my Ultimo 4K and there it worked via bluetooth but not everywhere. It worked in Enigma2 for instance for naming bouquets but it did not work in the browser. I do not know if ti changed in the mean time.

ciao

Tangfolio
10-12-17, 16:55
Don't have bluetooth adapter. Tried a search and there seem to be some in germany but not cheap.

Trial
10-12-17, 20:36
Hi,
afaik only VU+ Ultimo 4K has BlueTooth already build in. I do not know if other BlueTooth sticks will work. You can plug your stick in, reboot the box and immediately after a boot log in with telnet and enter dmesg perhaps you get some interesting informations there.

ciao

Tangfolio
12-12-17, 14:04
Borrowed a USB bluetooth adapter and bluetooth plugin pairs with keyboard now but I just get a no-entry sign what I try to enter text, some of the keys work but not the ones I want.

Not getting on with telnet, box is asking for a password and I have never set one, filezilla gets in OK with just 'root' as username and no password.

birdman
13-12-17, 02:19
Not getting on with telnet, box is asking for a password and I have never set oneSo just press <return>. i.e. don't give one.