PDA

View Full Version : Will this setup work on the Duo?

g-man
23-01-11, 12:25
I am considering purchasing this machine but have one question regarding the twin tuner.

Currently I have two cables coming into my dreambox, one is from a fixed dish pointing at 28.2E, the other is to a steerable dish. Reason is, I can get all the satellites I need from the steerable, but I can't get 28.2 due to trees (no option to cut down trees I'm afraid, they are protected). So I have a link to a fixed dish elsewhere which does work.

If I have these two cables plugged into the Duo, if I switch to a channel that I need to use the fixed dish with, can I force it to use the other tuner based on the channel I selected? Or will it attempt to move the dish to 28.2 and use the same tuner?

Thanks in advance
G

Larry-G
23-01-11, 12:29
i dont have a VU but as i understand it, you can set the fixed dish to tuner A and the motorised to tuner B. and the receiver will know that when you want to watch or record something from sky @28.2 to use tuner A.

shax
23-01-11, 13:05
I use the same set up it works fine A tuner is set to 28.2 B tuner is maped to the rest
Works Great

g-man
23-01-11, 13:39
Excellent, sounds exactly what I need. Thanks for the info.

kingo
23-01-11, 17:13
I have that setup and it works fine, although I was recording 2 things yesterday and i could not watch anything else on that transponder I would have thought it would then use tuner b to move my dish to 28e to watch ?? if not is there a way to make it do that

Sicilian
23-01-11, 19:30
Checkout our sponsor for your purchase, price drop today to £349 with free uk delivery ;)

g-man
23-01-11, 23:27
Yeah, I've seen that. :-) I was waiting to see how the ET9000 develops because as much as I would like to upgrade, in reality the DB is good enough for me just now (sans a decent EPG). Both boxes look decent though so will take a bit of deciding!

Larry-G
23-01-11, 23:43
Checkout our sponsor for your purchase, price drop today to £349 with free uk delivery ;)

lol i'm highly tempted to mate but i was offered another semi auto shotgun tonight and i just cant resist so there goes another £150 and i'm gona be the proud owner of shotgun number 18.

pooface
24-01-11, 10:57
lol i'm highly tempted to mate but i was offered another semi auto shotgun tonight and i just cant resist so there goes another £150 and i'm gona be the proud owner of shotgun number 18.

wtf you need that many for?! lol Sell a few and buy the duo ;) Join our band wagon, hehe

basilyoung
24-01-11, 11:12
I think he is planning on a ski mask next, then a bit of night time shopping at the local sat unit shop :sweating:

pooface
24-01-11, 11:17
I think he is planning on a ski mask next, then a bit of night time shopping at the local sat unit shop :sweating:

watch out world-of-satellite!!! hehe :p

I thought he was gonna use an alien mask like his avatar anyway :roflmao:

Larry-G
24-01-11, 12:25
wtf you need that many for?! lol Sell a few and buy the duo ;) Join our band wagon, hehe

like our redneck American cousins say " you can never have too many shotguns "

dfdream
24-01-11, 14:12
G-man,

I had the same issue as you and this is the setup I use.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1189-DiseqC-motor-in-cascade-with-DiseqC-switch&p=10231&viewfull=1#post10231

Tuner A to fixed for 28.2
Tuner B with diseqc switch with motor on one and fixed second cable to LNB on 2.

Works a treat.... IF you have any questions would be glad to help...

I am considering purchasing this machine but have one question regarding the twin tuner.

Currently I have two cables coming into my dreambox, one is from a fixed dish pointing at 28.2E, the other is to a steerable dish. Reason is, I can get all the satellites I need from the steerable, but I can't get 28.2 due to trees (no option to cut down trees I'm afraid, they are protected). So I have a link to a fixed dish elsewhere which does work.

If I have these two cables plugged into the Duo, if I switch to a channel that I need to use the fixed dish with, can I force it to use the other tuner based on the channel I selected? Or will it attempt to move the dish to 28.2 and use the same tuner?

Thanks in advance
G

g-man
24-01-11, 20:15
Thanks. My issue is somewhat similar but I'm not running Diseqc switches. 1 x motorised dish and 1 x fixed. Hoping really that you can just say 'tuner 1 = fixed = these bunch of channels', 'tuner 2 = motorised = these satellites (and these channels)'.

dfdream
24-01-11, 20:55
You can choose what tuner a particular sat is on but you cant choose specific channels if thats what you mean.

steford
24-01-11, 21:24
I've been playing with the same setup for a while after getting help on it here. Fixed on A and motor on B is fine for me as A takes priority so if you are recording something on 28E in your case then Tuner A handles it meaning motorised is free. You could, of course, edit satellites so say "28-Fixed" just had some channels and "28-Motor" had the others and assign them to the different tuners to make absolutely sure. This is more complex than I need but it's possible but the priority thing seems flexible enough for most needs.

g-man
24-01-11, 21:25
That's fine then, I can just set sat @ 28.2 to be on one tuner and every other sat on the second tuner.

g-man
24-01-11, 21:44
I've been playing with the same setup for a while after getting help on it here. Fixed on A and motor on B is fine for me as A takes priority so if you are recording something on 28E in your case then Tuner A handles it meaning motorised is free. You could, of course, edit satellites so say "28-Fixed" just had some channels and "28-Motor" had the others and assign them to the different tuners to make absolutely sure. This is more complex than I need but it's possible but the priority thing seems flexible enough for most needs.

I'd probably just leave it at 28 fixed since I cant get a signal at 28 with the motorised dish, the only reason I have access to the second dish.