PDA

View Full Version : filezilla not workin

stephentg
04-12-17, 22:47
Any help. I flashed the new openvix 5.1 on Duo2 yesterday and when I and trying the ftp FileZilla throw VU+ Control Centre V0.8 I keep on getting this Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known".

cactikid
04-12-17, 23:03
filezilla client is used on pc/laptop,type into host your ip of box and username "root " and quick connect should log into your box.

satmanbasil
04-12-17, 23:41
Hi
when you flashed your receiver did you go in to reset the password that FileZilla knows this is why your getting no connection, its a silly thing that some people forget to do when flashing

regards

stephentg
05-12-17, 18:05
Thanks for reply. #2 I have put the IP of the box username "root still get Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known". #3 My ip address has changed for my box when I did a new flash. Where would this password be. My VU+ Control Centre V0.8 finds my ip address and logs in.

Andy_Hazza
05-12-17, 18:17
Fresh flash wipes any previously stored usernames/passwords. You simply put the correct ip address in as Host & username is “root” all lowercase & the password is left blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adm
05-12-17, 21:13
Fresh flash wipes any previously stored usernames/passwords. You simply put the correct ip address in as Host & username is “root” all lowercase & the password is left blank.

See post #6 in the following link
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58264-Filezilla&highlight=Filezilla

cactikid
05-12-17, 21:33
forgot to mention try a different pc as i could not connect with one and straight it in with the other.

stephentg
05-12-17, 23:16
Thanks for reply. I will try that. I have flashed my box a few times using openvix, and used the VU+ Control Centre to use Filezilla it always worked fine.

stephentg
07-12-17, 19:08
Thanks Guys. I have got it working.

abu baniaz
07-12-17, 19:11
Thanks Guys. I have got it working.

Always a good idea to say what fixed it. Others looking for/giving solution will benefit.

stephentg
08-12-17, 13:55
I used post from adm #6 in the following link
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ight=Filezilla. For some reason my Host is my vuduo2, not my ip address.