PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Timeshift rewind problem.

alomkhan
22-11-17, 14:59
Hi, I have changed my image from openpli to openvix 5.1 but cannot rewind, I can pause & record though. Under timeshift in menu there are no settings or options apart from timeshift location, which Is set up as /media/hdd/timeshift/
I searched plugins to see if there was something I could download but couldn’t find anything. The box is an VU Solo2.

I am a bit of a dummy at this, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

spanner123
22-11-17, 15:01
Hi, I have changed my image from openpli to openvix 5.1 but cannot rewind, I can pause & record though. Under timeshift in menu there are no settings or options apart from timeshift location, which Is set up as /media/hdd/timeshift/
I searched plugins to see if there was something I could download but couldn’t find anything. The box is an VU Solo2.

Thanks.

Rewind has always been rubbish on VIX. Using the 1,4 & 7 buttons works ok though.

alomkhan
22-11-17, 15:24
Rewind has always been rubbish on VIX. Using the 1,4 & 7 buttons works ok though.

Pressing those numbers selects channels. Does not rewind.

Thanks.

spanner123
22-11-17, 15:26
Pressing those numbers selects channels. Does not rewind.

Thanks.

You have to be in timeshift mode first. So pause then press numbers. You can change the amount of time each button goes back in settings.

adm
22-11-17, 16:28

Thanks.

Can you rewind a recording?
Are you trying to rewind live TV and if so have you got the timeshift settings to automatically start the timeshift buffer
Memu ->setup -> Recordings Playback and timeshift -> Timeshift -> Automatically start timeshift = 10 secomnds

With timeshift automatically starting - every time you change channels the timeshift buffer is first reset and then the box automatically starts recording in the background the channel you are watching. If then, say, 10 minutes later you want to rewind the timeshift buffer will have 10 minutes of history that you can rewind back into.
If you change channels then the timeshift buffer is again reset and the background recording srats for the new channel.

alomkhan
23-11-17, 00:30
You have to be in timeshift mode first. So pause then press numbers. You can change the amount of time each button goes back in settings.

This only rewinds to the position where I paused on only.

alomkhan
23-11-17, 00:37
Can you rewind a recording?
Are you trying to rewind live TV and if so have you got the timeshift settings to automatically start the timeshift buffer
Memu ->setup -> Recordings Playback and timeshift -> Timeshift -> Automatically start timeshift = 10 secomnds

With timeshift automatically starting - every time you change channels the timeshift buffer is first reset and then the box automatically starts recording in the background the channel you are watching. If then, say, 10 minutes later you want to rewind the timeshift buffer will have 10 minutes of history that you can rewind back into.
If you change channels then the timeshift buffer is again reset and the background recording srats for the new channel.

Yes I can rewind a recording, and I can record fine. Yes I am trying to rewind live tv.
The problem is under timeshift setup there is no option apart from timeshift location. There is no option to Automatically start timeshift.

Is there an plugin for missing settings?

abu baniaz
23-11-17, 03:42
show a screenshot of what you see. guide to taking screenshots in my signature

alomkhan
23-11-17, 13:04
If you see on one of the pic, there are 2 options,
Timeshift
Recording & playback

When I choose Timeshift then I go to the other screen
(Timeshift), under which the only setting is
Timeshift location, there are no other options.

ccs
23-11-17, 13:18
Most odd, I can see 7 options under timeshift.

Did you restore your settings from OpenPLi?

I wonder if OpenPLi's "expert mode" is somehow being interpreted as off?

alomkhan
23-11-17, 14:50
Most odd, I can see 7 options under timeshift.

Did you restore your settings from OpenPLi?

I wonder if OpenPLi's "expert mode" is somehow being interpreted as off?

No I didn’t restore openpli settings. The only restore is the old 5.9
Openvix, and even that had the same settings.
Any idea how I can get these settings?

ccs
23-11-17, 15:05
What do you mean by "The only restore is the old 5.9 Openvix"?

alomkhan
23-11-17, 16:13
Sorry i meant 5.0 openvix. I just upgraded to 5,1

adm
23-11-17, 16:22
Sorry i meant 5.0 openvix. I just upgraded to 5,1

+1 - have another 6 menu options (7 in total) in the Timeshift menu

[Microsoft mode on]
It may not make any difference but have you tried turning the box off at the mains for 60 seconds (time to allow internal voltages to discharge) and then switching back on. This will give the box a complete cold boot?
[Microsoft mode off]

Valiant
23-11-17, 17:31
The problem is under timeshift setup there is no option apart from timeshift location. There is no option to Automatically start timeshift.

Main menu/Setup/System/Customise settings/Setup mode

If this is set to Simple, change it to Intermediate or Expert using the Left/Right keys and press Green to save.

adm
23-11-17, 17:57
Main menu/Setup/System/Customise settings/Setup mode

I don't see that menu option on my Extrend 10K running 5.1.02

Valiant
23-11-17, 18:14
I don't see that menu option on my Extrend 10K running 5.1.02

Apologies - I have not updated to 5.1 yet. If I set my Setup mode to Simple I see the Timeshift options that you do. If you can find this switch - probably in a different menu - -then change it and see if the timeshift options are now visible. This is presupposing that the option exists for Extrend Vix 5.1.02 !!!

ccs
23-11-17, 18:16
... I can't find expert mode anywhere.:confused:

(5.1.002)

adm
23-11-17, 18:29
... I can't find expert mode anywhere.:confused:

(5.1.002)

Found it. Its nicely hidden in the tuner menu
menu ->setup -> tuner config -> settings -> setup mode = simple/Intermediate/expert
Setting this option to simple hides the timeshift options - and probably a lot mode.

Surely an option in a tuner setup menu shouldn't hide options in other unrelated menus.

Valiant
23-11-17, 18:33
@Adm Well done! Are there more timeshift options now?

alomkhan
23-11-17, 18:39
Under system, there is no customise settings!

Andy_Hazza
23-11-17, 18:43
Something has gone a miss. My advice to you is reflash the receiver & setup as new without any restores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
23-11-17, 19:43
Under system, there is no customise settings!

See post #19 !