PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Cross epg

eattheliving
21-11-17, 12:11
Hi everyone,

Firstly a big thanks to all the team who worked on the new image 👍

Now to my slight issue.

As indicated above I have updated my duo 2 to the latest 5.1.002 image but when I run cross epg it gets stuck in a loop parsing events. I have removed the plugin and re installed but get the same issue. I currently have ticked the uk/Ireland-sport/movies xmltv this updates fine but if I tick the uk/Ireland-sky 1(live on sat) then this throws it into the loop. Also I have updated a solo2 same settings and same result. But my formuler 1 box ( same settings) worked with both ticked?

Any help or ideas guys please?

Oh just one more thing I used to run jenseneverest vermin xmltv for my epg but this has stopped working now.

Cheers

Andy_Hazza
21-11-17, 12:41
You should be using EPGImporter not CrossEPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eattheliving
21-11-17, 12:46
You should be using EPGImporter not CrossEPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried that one mate and still get the same issue. Are you using rytek U.K. Sat/ virgin xmltv source?

ccs
21-11-17, 12:48
No Rytek support anymore for uk.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57719-Update-EPGimport-(XMLTVimport)-and-rytec-sources

eattheliving
21-11-17, 12:54

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57719-Update-EPGimport-(XMLTVimport)-and-rytec-sources

So if there is no more rytek what source would I use for the epg importer?

abu baniaz
21-11-17, 13:06

UK is still supported. However Sky/Virgin are combined.

If OP is using stock EPG Importer, everything should be fine. If they installed another version there may be an issue.

There was a bug in CrossEPG which meant the randomiser did not work. Cross downloaded from all the servers. This is why I have been advising against usage of Cross for Internet based EPG. This has been fixed by Viebrix, and will be in the next version. However, as we do things one by one, you are still looking at over 10 minutes to download just UK data. You can't even change the volume. I'd rather just use Cross for OpenTV EPG 28.2. Its brilliant for that.

EPG importer does thing in the background, so you can change channels etc.

ccs
21-11-17, 13:11

Sorry, my mistake.

When you said
It has been removed. He only does European services in another thread, I was jumping the gun, assuming the uk is no longer European.:)

eattheliving
21-11-17, 13:14

If OP is using stock EPG Importer, everything should be fine. If they installed another version there may be an issue.

There was a bug in CrossEPG which meant the randomiser did not work. Cross downloaded from all the servers. This is why I have been advising against usage of Cross for Internet based EPG. This has been fixed by Viebrix, and will be in the next version. However, as we do things one by one, you are still looking at over 10 minutes to download just UK data. You can't even change the volume. I'd rather just use Cross for OpenTV EPG 28.2. Its brilliant for that.

EPG importer does thing in the background, so you can change channels etc.

Thanks Abu. The importer is running and showing the time and xxxx events but it's not populating the epg with any data from tomorrow onwards. Is this correct mate?

abu baniaz
21-11-17, 13:19
Sorry, my mistake.

When you said in another thread, I was jumping the gun, assuming the uk is no longer European.:)

That was for USA or another country IIRC. If I got it wrong, sorry.

Should be similar to picture in thread below. I'll need to update the pictures as there was a change a couple of days ago. I think both threads should be merged to avoid confusion.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58050-EPG-Importer-OpenViX-5-0-031-After-10-Oct-2017

eattheliving
21-11-17, 13:27
Think we have sorted it guys..... needless to say I'm a muppet �� I hadn't ticked all the options in the epg importer sources menu. It's populated everything now thanks guys