PDA

View Full Version : moving to 5.1

DonJay
20-11-17, 22:20
hi im new to this forum. i never flashed my box before, is there anyway of updating without a usb stick because im worried i might brick my box? i have a vu+ solo se with open vix image. thanks.

Andy_Hazza
20-11-17, 22:39
You can couch flash (Image Manager). Look via Blue button > ViX > Image Manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duoduo
20-11-17, 22:41
You can couch flash (Image Manager). Look via Blue button > ViX > Image Manager.

What's the danger of using this method for my solo4k Andy?

DonJay
20-11-17, 22:55
Thanks i found the latest openvix in the image manager, now if i flash will it delete everything on my box channel list, cams etc? and then would i have to setup the box from scratch like i did when i got it tge 1st time?

ccs
20-11-17, 23:06
What's the danger of using this method for my solo4k Andy?I don't think you'll even find the option in image manager.
I'm sure there was a reference to a plugin that could be used, mentioned this week, but I haven't found it.

Andy_Hazza
20-11-17, 23:17
What's the danger of using this method for my solo4k Andy?

No option for ARM receivers, sorry.

Andy_Hazza
20-11-17, 23:42
Thanks i found the latest openvix in the image manager, now if i flash will it delete everything on my box channel list, cams etc? and then would i have to setup the box from scratch like i did when i got it tge 1st time?

What ViX image are you on now? 5.0.032?

crx
20-11-17, 23:46
Sorry guys quick question I as I cant remember, if I update from the image manger to 5.1 will I need to set everything up from scratch or just certain details ?

Thanks

abu baniaz
21-11-17, 00:08
image manager does not update, it flashes new clean/virgin image.

on recent images it also makes a settings backup.

After you flash new image, you can restore settings and plugins. Cams/configs and plugins on server will be restored.

DonJay
21-11-17, 00:24
What ViX image are you on now? 5.0.032?

yes i am mate

gary64
21-11-17, 00:51
does this fix the recording issue cheers for any advice

Xpen15
21-11-17, 01:34
before doing this update do i need to backup and restore image or settings backup. When my box booted after update it went straight to restore image menu where a IMG file was sitting. If i restored image would it revert it back to older version? or do i restore from backup.

abu baniaz
21-11-17, 05:23
before doing this update do i need to backup and restore image or settings backup. When my box booted after update it went straight to restore image menu where a IMG file was sitting. If i restored image would it revert it back to older version? or do i restore from backup.

Create a settings backup
Flash new image
Restart
Set video settings
You will prompted to to restore settings, say yes
You will be asked about plugins, say yes too.

A settings backup is not the same as an image backup.

See this thread if it helps

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores/

duoduo
21-11-17, 07:23
No option for ARM receivers, sorry.

In image manager I can see 5.1 002?

Huevos
21-11-17, 07:42
Yes you can see it and the box can download it but you need to put it on a USB to flash it.

Easiest way is make a backup in Backup Manager. Download image to USB key. Flash the image. Once the new image boots arrive in the first install wizard. In there you are asked if you want to restore a backup. Just say yes and select the backup you made earlier. Select yes to restore plugins. Now let the box do its stuff.

Now you will have an image that is configured identical to how it was before you started.

Takes about 5 minutes.

rte
21-11-17, 08:57
Update first start is not able to connect to internet. Config backup is not able to restore the plugins immediately then. After the first start is completed, backup is also able to restore the whole backup.

Trial
21-11-17, 09:45
Hi,

I'm sure there was a reference to a plugin that could be used, mentioned this week, but I haven't found it.
I think you mean "automatic fullbackup".

ciao

bellejt
21-11-17, 16:57
when doing couch flash on vu duo2 and choosing restore ,old image is seen as info in boxinfo.Did a couch flash with no restore and setup from beginning.Took only 10 min.

duoduo
21-11-17, 19:24
Yes you can see it and the box can download it but you need to put it on a USB to flash it.

Easiest way is make a backup in Backup Manager. Download image to USB key. Flash the image. Once the new image boots arrive in the first install wizard. In there you are asked if you want to restore a backup. Just say yes and select the backup you made earlier. Select yes to restore plugins. Now let the box do its stuff.

Now you will have an image that is configured identical to how it was before you started.

Takes about 5 minutes.

Thanks for the advice. I am only questioning this because since I purchased my solo4k I have never ever been able to flash it. Every single USB has been rejected and I have tried six so far, three brand new all formatted properly before hand. Some of the same USB's worked perfectly on my previous solo 2 for three years. I know how to flash a receiver, just not having it with the solo4k.

NoOne
21-11-17, 20:17
Can anyone advise.
VU+ Uno 4K
Currently running 5.0.014
Trying to couch flash 5.1.002
Have 5.1.002 on the attached HDD in the correct location
Using Image manager I can see the images but have no option to restore any of my original backups or the new 5.1.002
I can restore my image backups ok though

Am I correct that a usb flash is my only option
Thanks

dpullen87
21-11-17, 20:23
Flashed new image, ran Abm and rebooted box but no sound still on bt sport 3 hd. Other channels that had NAR before seem ok now.

Anyone else finding this?

DonJay
21-11-17, 20:45
no sound on bt sport 3 hd :(

ccs
21-11-17, 22:19
Am I correct that a usb flash is my only option
ThanksYes, couch flash not an option for ARM processors.

abu baniaz
22-11-17, 00:27
If you have an Arm receiver, you can flash with this plugin.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56800-Automatic-full-backup-by-Dimtrij

Make sure you make a settings backup in Backup Manager if you want to restore settings/plugins.

cactikid
22-11-17, 00:52
could i mention in seeing many posts elsewhere of people adding files to previous image trying to fix it and having issues ,if you reflash or couch flash not to use settings restore would that be a safer road to go ?

abu baniaz
22-11-17, 01:26
could i mention in seeing many posts elsewhere of people adding files to previous image trying to fix it and having issues ,if you reflash or couch flash not to use settings restore would that be a safer road to go ?

If people add files to their image, that is up to them. They can start again if they have problems.

Best to give advice that is generic for generic posts.

NoOne
22-11-17, 21:20
How strange. USB flashed to 5.1
Connected my usual HDD and used backup to restore my settings.
Everything worked just fine and all channels back on.
However my Menus dont look right. Theres no "service searching" option for example, and therefore no ABM.
Theres nothing fancy in my setup. No unusual plugins. No iptv e.t.c. just oscam and tv channels.

NoOne
22-11-17, 21:39
heres screenshot of menu, setup

Andy_Hazza
22-11-17, 21:42
Tuner Config is where you will find ABM. The new menu structure has been out a while now, just shows you were on an older build.

khan888
22-11-17, 21:42
heres screenshot of menu, setup

Have a look in tuner config

NoOne
22-11-17, 21:48
yes khan and andy you are right.
i was using the vix manual from here...

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf