PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Via USB Not working

Xpen15
20-11-17, 15:47
I'm tryinh to update my premium Hybrid. I'm following instructions. I've extracted the whole miraclebox\hybrid folder to the usb stick. Plugged into back and booted off the power switch. But every time it says boot and flash and then loads up. I never get to the point it ask me to press up. Is there anywhere I need to change settings so that it reads the usb stick. i.e. I see a mount manager and can set the usb to sda1/ HDD/ USB/ USB 2 etc. I used windows to format to FAT32 and used teracopy rather than copy and paste. The HP tool says my usb is write protected, although I can still copy the files and delete, so HP tool doesnt work. My information says my model is Premium Hybrid, but my version openvix version is 3.2. I'm trying to update to the first Version 5.0.
Any help, tricks appreciated. Thanks.

Emulated
20-11-17, 16:58
Try a different usb stick and make sure its not write protected.

Andy_Hazza
20-11-17, 17:16
Try a different usb formatted to Fat32 and also make sure no other usb devices are attached while trying to flash the receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xpen15
20-11-17, 17:43
The box writes the following files to the usb: movie, timeshift, epg.dat. So this must mean that the box knows the usb is present and should be fine to use. My extracted folder is Miraclebox\minihybrid\ with 11 files inside. Is this the correct format for the folders and files on the usb stick? Can I put these files by ftp into the box to update rather than by USB?

ccs
20-11-17, 17:47
A couch flash via image manager is much easier if you have a working system.

(Download the image and then select and flash.)

Xpen15
20-11-17, 20:44
Thanks I tried the USB shipped out with the box. did the trick. I didnt need to format. just copied over using teracopy.

stu24539334
26-12-17, 11:05
Hi Guys was reading this thread and i have the same issue,in the tutorial it says go into image manager to which it doesnt see the formatted 4 gb usb flash pen.
:confused:the new file i am tryig to copy doesnt exist, but when in downloads it has all the openvix 5.1.01 upto 5.1.06 tried all but the new version isnt there, any help appreciated,,,

Ashley69
26-12-17, 11:31
Have you mounted the usb in mount manager. 5.1.06 is the latest download.