PDA

View Full Version : Dead MIracle Micro

Xpen15
19-11-17, 20:48
Hi due to the recent Audio Narrative events I asked a friend to update his box via the software update menu. The box started upgrading, displaying a message to wait a few minutes. He waited 10 minutes and decided to reboot box from rocker switch. The box now powers up with the openvix logo and not the forest scene. I take it the box has been corrupted. If so can I reflash with latest vix image? or is there a way to revive it another way. i.e. tricks of the trade.

abu baniaz
19-11-17, 20:51
Did he perform an online update, or did he flash an image using Image Manager?

Also, please confirm we are talking about a "Miraclebox Premium Micro"?

sundancer
19-11-17, 21:52
If your seeing the VIX logo it sounds like the bootloader is still OK. I had exactly the same thing happen to my old Gigablue, the online update never completed so after an hour i switched the box off, when it started up it did the same thing as your box.

I just loaded the firmware onto a USB and reflashed it again.

You have nothing to lose by trying it.

abu baniaz
19-11-17, 21:58
If your seeing the VIX logo it sounds like the bootloader is still OK. I had exactly the same thing happen to my old Gigablue, the online update never completed so after an hour i switched the box off, when it started up it did the same thing as your box.

I just loaded the firmware onto a USB and reflashed it again.

You have nothing to lose by trying it.

There was an issue with the Miraclebox premium micro older bootloaders, it wont accept images flashed by ofgwrite. Flashing by USB works.

He has posted in the Mini section, so this is why I am asking. If it is indeed the micro, flashing the latest bootloader by USB should fix his issue.

See here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58270-Updated-bootloader-for-v1

aido
19-11-17, 22:37
I updated the bootloader on the old Micro we have here from this post by Sicilian:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58270-Updated-bootloader-for-v1

It changes the behaviour of the LED when an image is found from memory but it works fine and as Abu says the USB flash will sort it right out.