PDA

View Full Version : Filezilla

tesco1
16-11-17, 13:10
Having difficulty connecting my TM-Nano-SE M2 to Filezilla, i am putting receivers ip address in Host and pressing Quick Connect message back: Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS response 530 login incorrect. Any help would be valuable.:confused

adm
16-11-17, 13:24
Having difficulty connecting my TM-Nano-SE M2 to Filezilla, i am putting receivers ip address in Host and pressing Quick Connect message back: Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS response 530 login incorrect. Any help would be valuable.:confused

Try also adding
login type = normal
User = root
Password = leave blank and/or highlight and delete what is entered by default

Note I get the same error message if the login/user details are not configured in FileZilla
User = root and a blank password is valid if you haven't changed the default settings on your box

tesco1
16-11-17, 13:35
Bit of a newbie to this Linux thing, had Spiderbox before and everything was done for you, where do i input login user pass, thanks adm

Ashley69
16-11-17, 13:45
you input user name (root)in the box to the right of the ip address box.

tesco1
16-11-17, 14:03
Thanks, is this Quickconnect or manual connect, if manual what does remote path mean, tried Quickconnect inputing host as normal and user as root still same login incorrect.

adm
16-11-17, 14:46
Thanks, is this Quickconnect or manual connect, if manual what does remote path mean, tried Quickconnect inputing host as normal and user as root still same login incorrect.

Open Filezilla
Select the "Open the site manager" button (top left hand corner just bellow the "File" menu title

In the window that opens
Select "new site"

Enter the details as shown in the attached image (substituting the actual IP number of your box - rather than using the IP number of mine)
Press connect

tesco1
16-11-17, 15:06
Many thanks adm, got connection, up and running, will try and transfer files later, got to see to wife who has Dementia, will get back later if any problems