PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Narrator voice on Virgin channels

Pages : [1] 2

mr e
10-11-17, 14:36
hi all. ever since i've updated my software online,I keep getting the narrators voice on most of the hd channels. It was fine before that and i've not changed any settings. I have 2 boxes a vu solo se and a xtrend 10000, they are both having the same issues. I have tried the audio button on my remote but there is only 1 option there NAR. it wont let mechange the NAR option. Any ideas please?

lincsat
10-11-17, 14:47
The AC3 audio usually does not have the narration, do you have that setup properly.

MeeŽkat
10-11-17, 14:52
The AC3 audio usually does not have the narration, do you have that setup properly.

I have the same problem lincsat, not only narration on movies but sound gone completely on some sshd channels and eurosport 1 and 2 HD so something has changed at VM's end i think

mr e
10-11-17, 15:12
As far as I know..i never had the problem until today. I've set the language to English but I'm getting the narrator on the movie channels.

mr e
10-11-17, 15:20
I have the same problem lincsat, not only narration on movies but sound gone completely on some sshd channels and eurosport 1 and 2 HD so something has changed at VM's end i think
I've just checked mine, & I've got the same issue. No sound on sly sports main event & eurosport 1 & 2

Bangord30
10-11-17, 15:24
It's all over the forums. What are VM up to now! :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

MeeŽkat
10-11-17, 16:39
What are VM up to now! :-)

No good by looks of it :-( , VM must be sending a new audio stream that 3rd party boxes dont seem to be able to recognize, hopefully image creators can find a quick fix or more than likely an image upgrade but i aint holding my breath.

ccs
10-11-17, 17:31
No good by looks of it :-( , VM must be sending a new audio stream that 3rd party boxes dont seem to be able to recognize, hopefully image creators can find a quick fix or more than likely an image upgrade but i aint holding my breath.So you don't expect a quick fix?

Streaming to VLC and Kodi on a pc appears to work ok (another image forum).

MeeŽkat
10-11-17, 17:38
So you don't expect a quick fix?

I dont know, i said hopefully,, whats the problem

lincsat
10-11-17, 17:55
You can fix this by altering the lamedb with an editor like e-channelizer. You need to manually set the AC3 Audio PID and the Video PID then disable the automatic updating. On Sky News HD for example, Video PID is 309 and AC3 Audio PID is 331.

Looks like VM have altered the stream information so the Enigma boxes can't read it properly

ccs
10-11-17, 17:59
I dont know, i said hopefully,, whats the problem
"but I aint holding my breath" usual means "I don't expect something to happen anytime soon".

rickfun
10-11-17, 18:06
It’s ok in SD but all HD films like it with NAV stuck on
has anyone else lost HD sport to ?

rickfun
10-11-17, 18:09
No just checked seems like all HD has NAV stuck on

khan888
10-11-17, 18:17
You can fix this by altering the lamedb with an editor like e-channelizer. You need to manually set the AC3 Audio PID and the Video PID then disable the automatic updating. On Sky News HD for example, Video PID is 309 and AC3 Audio PID is 331.

Looks like VM have altered the stream information so the Enigma boxes can't read it properly

I’ve tried this but still no sound? Could you post a screenshot from e-channelizer please?

lincsat
10-11-17, 18:39
I’ve tried this but still no sound? Could you post a screenshot from e-channelizer please?

Not right now as working from an old and slow lappy. You do need to set the 1st 3 flags to on to stop your changes being overwritten

Edit: I think I've managed it

khan888
10-11-17, 18:42
Not right now as working from an old and slow lappy. You do need to set the 1st 3 flags to on to stop your changes being overwritten

Cheers lincsat it’s working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m1nz
10-11-17, 20:25
I have the same issue. I cant seem to download E-Channelizer

Bangord30
10-11-17, 20:31
I have the same issue. I cant seem to download E-ChannelizerLooks like their site down with the demand lol

lincsat
10-11-17, 20:47
Cheers lincsat it’s working

ABM does still overwrite the settings, even with the flags set to keep, so disable your ABM scans until someone smarter than me figures that out :)

khan888
10-11-17, 20:48
ABM does still overwrite the settings, even with the flags set to keep, so disable your ABM scans until someone smarter than me figures that out :)

Cheers lincsat, I’ve sorted all my channels and now everything working ok. I use my own channel list so I’m ok but hope ABM gets sorted for people that use it :)

khan888
10-11-17, 20:54
You can also use dreambox edit for anyone struggling to download E-Channelizer

lincsat
10-11-17, 21:02
You can also use dreambox edit for anyone struggling to download E-Channelizer

Or try here
https://e-channelizer.informer.com/download/?ca15bea6-3.0.0

bassethound
10-11-17, 21:57
How do you know what PID,s to use for each affected channel :confused:

mr e
10-11-17, 22:02

Can you give instructions on how to do this please as I haven't got a clue what your going on about lol..

lincsat
10-11-17, 22:31
How do you know what PID,s to use for each affected channel :confused:

You can read the Video PID from the Information - service, (Video is usually 109, 209, 309, 409 on the HD channels), The AC3 audio is usually x31, with the x being the 1st figure of the Video PID.

As things stand, you need to help yourself a little, it's not all done for you.

fevgatos
11-11-17, 01:42
You can read the Video PID from the Information - service, (Video is usually 109, 209, 309, 409 on the HD channels), The AC3 audio is usually x31, with the x being the 1st figure of the Video PID.

Hi lincsat,thanx for your guide mate , i try with E Channelizer, i change them but still the same , is first time i use E Channelizer , but still the same with out audio , there if few channels mainevent /wild nat geo/euro spt 1/2,so we have to change every channels, can you explain more mate if is possible, here i upload a screen shot i try to ...
please let as know

regards Nick

lincsat
11-11-17, 03:38
Hi lincsat,thanx for your guide mate , i try with E Channelizer, i change them but still the same , is first time i use E Channelizer , but still the same with out audio , there if few channels mainevent /wild nat geo/euro spt 1/2,so we have to change every channels, can you explain more mate if is possible, here i upload a screen shot i try to ...
please let as know

regards Nick

That shows your audio PID as 0 - on that channel it needs to be 131 (as the video is 109) and set to AC3

JonMMM
11-11-17, 09:26
Not sure if I have the same problem, on H2 HD i get no sound and when looking a service Audio PID is NA, used dreambox edit to change that to 431 and still get no sound

mr e
11-11-17, 09:26

Hi mate..could explain where abouts is the information service so I can get the relevant pid's thanks.

v8rick
11-11-17, 09:38
There are some complaints on Virgin Media Community about official boxes having Audio Discription on

fevgatos
11-11-17, 10:26
That shows your audio PID as 0 - on that channel it needs to be 131 (as the video is 109) and set to AC3

Morning mate , sorry to be a pain , also i tried this morning to do like you said to me , but cannot do it, won't work ,
here is 2 screen shot as well ,
please let me know..

regards Nick

tosh2004
11-11-17, 10:56
I have tried as instruction and its not working still English track has no sound
any body please help

ccs
11-11-17, 10:57
It's happening on official boxes as well, so maybe the problem will go away soon.

tosh2004
11-11-17, 12:29
Hi,
I found this site for complete details about Service PIDs
I have tried them changing but they dont load with new details?

http://en.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?live=209&mux=C029&liste=2&lang=enhttps://snag.gy/0dlv2n.jpg

khan888
11-11-17, 12:36
Hi,
I found this site for complete details about Service PIDs
I have tried them changing but they dont load with new details?

http://en.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?live=209&mux=C029&liste=2&lang=enhttps://snag.gy/0dlv2n.jpg

Have you set the first 3 flags so the changes don’t get overwritten?

Silent
11-11-17, 12:40
If someone has manually fixed the channel list, could they upload them here? Reminds me of the good (read: bad) old days having to update Bouquets manually every week!

tosh2004
11-11-17, 12:49
This is my setting

tosh2004
11-11-17, 12:51
This is my setting

https://snag.gy/ANycOx.jpg

then this error

https://snag.gy/c8SUYV.jpg

lidgy319
11-11-17, 14:56
Hi i am really not good with tech and i have a miracle box supplied to me with openvix, i too have the NAR option only on HD movies. are you saying this is something virgin have done and not a fault on my audio settings? thanks

dsayers
11-11-17, 15:00
Hi i am really not good with tech and i have a miracle box supplied to me with openvix, i too have the NAR option only on HD movies. are you saying this is something virgin have done and not a fault on my audio settings? thanks

Its an issue for everyone and nobody seems to know the cause of this either manually edit the PID,s as posted above or just use the SD version of the effected channels till a better solution is found thats all im doing.

deividuska
11-11-17, 15:12
There are some complaints on Virgin Media Community about official boxes having Audio Discription on

Have the same issue Audio Discription on on my Vu+ Duo˛

MeeŽkat
11-11-17, 15:21
If someone has manually fixed the channel list, could they upload them here? Reminds me of the good (read: bad) old days having to update Bouquets manually every week!

Vm is area dependant so thats unlikely to work unless you find someone on the same netid as you.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of there pids are blank in e-chanelizer, anyway here is what i have done with the ones showing pids

Switched off abm schedule
updated to latest e-chanelizer version
pids i can see i have changed audio to 131 for 109 video,checked ac3 and clicked top 3 flags,saved and written to box, rebooted box
Read back list to check info has taken which it has but still no sound
Weird thing is i put the box on normal standy last night and this morning i took it off normal standby and sky sports main event hd is fine

Eurosport and the rest are all still without sound

Baffling

bigjuice
11-11-17, 15:38
This is my setting

then this error

Same thing that happens to me channel don't work after the change

MeeŽkat
11-11-17, 15:53
It's happening on official boxes as well, so maybe the problem will go away soon.

VM official first generation scientific atlanta tivo boxes have no sound issues at all atm.

khan888
11-11-17, 16:45

Are you putting the correct audio/video values in for that specific channel?

MeeŽkat
11-11-17, 16:59

I dont get any errors like that but i would update your program to latest if you have not already done so to eradicate that.

StuBFrost
11-11-17, 17:26
I've just checked my channels in echannelizer and they are all already 131,231 etc but still sound issues,

bigjuice
11-11-17, 18:08
Are you putting the correct audio/video values in for that specific channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyes the channel was sky Disney HD 409 video 431 audio ac3 with all 3 flags checked uploaded restarted then channel don't work at all

khan888
11-11-17, 18:11
yes the channel was sky Disney HD 409 video 431 audio ac3 with all 3 flags checked uploaded restarted then channel don't work at all

Sky Disney hd should be video 209 and audio 231

bigjuice
11-11-17, 18:27
That was the problem then it said 409 in echannelizer*so I just used that how do I get pids up on the tv channel first

Like the picture in Attachments

bigjuice
11-11-17, 18:58
Like the picture in Attachments

mike100
11-11-17, 23:00
weird thing if i stream an HD channel to vlc i get audio

IAmATeaf
11-11-17, 23:47
I’ve tried changing the audio channel but from what ive seen as soon as you change to the channel it reverts back to the NAR audio track?

MeeŽkat
12-11-17, 05:50
I’ve tried changing the audio channel but from what ive seen as soon as you change to the channel it reverts back to the NAR audio track?

I,m not sure about the reverting back to NAR audio but what i can confirm is that i have issues myself with writing ac3 which other members apparantly have no issues with.

This is something i will have a real play with today however

bigjuice
12-11-17, 07:11
Are you checking the 3 flags

deividuska
12-11-17, 10:43
Hi
Can confirm by altering the lamedb writing ac3 and (3 flags checked) fixed issues yesterday, but today in the morning having the same issues all setting reverted back to the NAR.Again some channels no sound some with bloody audio description :mad:.

ccs
12-11-17, 11:00
In another thread last night, I mentioned that a poster on another forum reckoned some channels were ok again eg bbc1 hd.

Maybe it was a live broadcast that was working, and pre-recorded stuff is still causing problems?

Ashley69
12-11-17, 11:11
Hi
Can confirm by altering the lamedb writing ac3 and (3 flags checked) fixed issues yesterday, but today in the morning having the same issues all setting reverted back to the NAR.Again some channels no sound some with bloody audio description :mad:.

If you have ABM to auto run it will revert back once abm has run. You need to disable this.

deividuska
12-11-17, 11:23
Another problem.
Example i have channel with no sound done altering the lamedb writing ac3 and (3 flags checked).But if i go to channel no sound any way i have to go in to Select audio track with remote and only after this i have sound on channel.Is any way to have this automatically?

Ss66
12-11-17, 11:23
Sound on my vu+duo2 seems fine now, only issue now is no sound on sky sport main event.

baz2011uk
12-11-17, 11:51
looking at whats being posted up seems like random channels that people are getting working or is it at the present time when checked the program that is on is not AD supported anyway
all my hd channels still have it apart from cinema Christmas and fox hd has no sound at all
i have noticed that if the program is on any said HD channel and is not supported by AD its fine you can check this on the info by pressing ok twice

but on a side note my ITV HD if fine regardless what program is on even if it supports AD

bigjuice
12-11-17, 12:13
Some channels back to normal

Sicilian
12-11-17, 12:40
Guys, be-careful where this thread goes and be mindful of the Forum rules.

baz2011uk
12-11-17, 12:46
Some channels back to normal

got an example bud?

dfox
12-11-17, 14:26

Edit: I think I've managed it

Apologies, what us this post for? To get audio back or stop narration?

Thanks

Ashley69
12-11-17, 14:38
Both I believe.

whoamI
12-11-17, 14:43
Easiest way to work around this issue is as follows:

1) Via webinterface stream HD channel using VLC.
2) Whilst streaming in VLC, go to Tools > Codec Information. Set the reported Audio and Video PID using E-Channelizer as already explained in this thread. Some channels may not even play any audio on PC and VLC, but thats not an issue. All we need is the Audio and Video PID.

Takes all of about an hour or so to do all the VM HD channels, theres only 70 odd channels.

Finally make sure abm scheduled scan is turned off otherwise your changes will be over-written overnight.

Ensure you use VLC for correct PID's. Audio PID's shown in service information in e2 box are wrong to set as AC3. You must use the Audio PIDs found via VLC.

dfox
12-11-17, 14:46
This is my setting

then this error

I have tried to change this to the setting in the pic and when I do I lose the picture now as well??

Sorry, I have picture but narration is still there

whoamI
12-11-17, 14:53
See post 67 for info how to get correct PID's.

baz2011uk
12-11-17, 15:53
Easiest way to work around this issue is as follows:

1) Via webinterface stream HD channel using VLC.
2) Whilst streaming in VLC, go to Tools > Codec Information. Set the reported Audio and Video PID using E-Channelizer as already explained in this thread. Some channels may not even play any audio on PC and VLC, but thats not an issue. All we need is the Audio and Video PID.

Takes all of about an hour or so to do all the VM HD channels, theres only 70 odd channels.

Finally make sure abm scheduled scan is turned off otherwise your changes will be over-written overnight.

Ensure you use VLC for correct PID's. Audio PID's shown in service information in e2 box are wrong to set as AC3. You must use the Audio PIDs found via VLC.

i have just tried this out and on fox hd has no sound or any sound option in audio button on box.
after doing the above the sound started on box briefly then screen goes blank.
but on checking the audio on the box there is now a ac3 option little bit stumped.

IAmATeaf
12-11-17, 15:57
See post 67 for info how to get correct PID's.

Just tried this for E4 HD and selecting the AC3 track in VLC I get no audio, the other track (NAR) there is audio?

alll
12-11-17, 17:12
i think virmin are defo up to something as there are a lot of new tests channels saying test v1 w1 w2w3 w4 w5 w6 x1 x2 y1 y2 y3 y4 y5 z1 z2:mad:

Xpen15
12-11-17, 17:23
done exactly as shown above except I got PID from service info. But when I write back to box. All channels stop working or I get Tuner Failed. I hope VM sort this out and this isn't the beginning of the end.

baz2011uk
12-11-17, 17:29
from another site

16 new services have been added to the SDT according to recent scan data, with vague service names such as Test V1. All parked in the double digit graveyard section of the EPG.

At the time of the scan, none of these had been added to the NIT in ex-Telewest / ex C&W regions. They were all marked as hidden, and flagged as "Entertainment". So, something is happening, no real clues as to what it might be...

SID 4403 Test V1 (one of the 16 new services added to the SDT) has now been added to NIT of 4 VM internal networks usually associated with testing. It moved from EPG slot 17 to channel 947 and the hidden flag has been removed. 947 is in the radio section of the EPG, but Test V1 is currently flagged in the entertainment category, not the radio category. Hmmm...

dsayers
12-11-17, 17:32
Getting reports that q5 boxes are fine I havent got one but is there anything that could be tested to see why it works fine on that but not enigma2?

IAmATeaf
12-11-17, 17:44
from another site

16 new services have been added to the SDT according to recent scan data, with vague service names such as Test V1. All parked in the double digit graveyard section of the EPG.

At the time of the scan, none of these had been added to the NIT in ex-Telewest / ex C&W regions. They were all marked as hidden, and flagged as "Entertainment". So, something is happening, no real clues as to what it might be...

SID 4403 Test V1 (one of the 16 new services added to the SDT) has now been added to NIT of 4 VM internal networks usually associated with testing. It moved from EPG slot 17 to channel 947 and the hidden flag has been removed. 947 is in the radio section of the EPG, but Test V1 is currently flagged in the entertainment category, not the radio category. Hmmm...

That was posted last month wasn't it? With the guesses being that it could be an related service that VM might offer?

alll
12-11-17, 18:17
I think this is a sly job on virmin first hit the HD channels then before you know it there gone

MeeŽkat
12-11-17, 19:04
I think this is a sly job on virmin first hit the HD channels then before you know it there gone

Sly use (nds) now cisco for their smartcard security and VM use NAGRA (kudelski) for theirs so different platform and organisations but you are correct as HD channels will be affected firstly..i have a funny feeling the SD format will remain for some time until older generation boxes have been swapped out.

This will take some time as not everyone will upgrade from their old samsung boxes for instance which to my research require smartcards.

Although inhome service calls from VM for the likes of picture breakup or BB issues etc will result in old equipment being replaced at the same time as the service call by the engineer.

cypchris
12-11-17, 19:29
Just tried this for E4 HD and selecting the AC3 track in VLC I get no audio, the other track (NAR) there is audio?

why dont you try and write it back to the box

then you will see it works

pigzmickey
12-11-17, 21:24
Hope it's not the end...

baz2011uk
12-11-17, 21:32
looking over twitter and it seems like vm boxes are getting the same issue

MeeŽkat
13-11-17, 00:39
I managed to get Eurosport hd and a few others working no problem at all with dreambox edit, seems there is an issue with e-chanelizer for me anyway, latest version of the program i used aswell so dont know whats wrong with it

dsayers
13-11-17, 00:50
Ok so amiko and q5 boxes have been reported working although I don't have any of those boxes to confirm or test. Genuine vm boxes seems fine there was reports of issues but now fixed.

Is there a way to test how audio streams are working on none enigma2 boxes?

Huevos
13-11-17, 01:50
Just pull the latest updated ABM config files and run ABM.

Menu >> Setup >> AutoBouquetsMaker >> Update config files

dsayers
13-11-17, 02:09

Working thanks editing pids was doing my head in lol

baz2011uk
13-11-17, 02:19

after doing this now all i get is a blank screen. i am using a duo2 with lastest vix.
i have noticed that all the hd channels show the AC3 now so the ABM has changed them all but now no picture

Ss66
13-11-17, 02:21
after doing this now all i get is a blank screen. i am using a duo2 with lastest vix.
i have noticed that all the hd channels show the AC3 now so the ABM has changed them all but now no picture

same here blank screen :confused:

MeeŽkat
13-11-17, 02:25
Not sure what that would be,, you could try uninstalling abm, reboot, re-install latest abm , reboot,update config and try again.

I stlll have a few HD channels with no sound like sky news hd,scifi horrer but it certainly fixed most as i used an old un-edited list b4 i ran abm so its work in progress and thanks to abm guys:-)

baz2011uk
13-11-17, 02:30
theses guys know their stuff and very grateful i will leave as is until ABM guys confirm as you say could be something that needs ironing out
hows your fox HD and CH4 HD as before i had pic but no sound

dknight
13-11-17, 02:34
Same here for me, no picture. do restore from a backup and get the pictures back

MeeŽkat
13-11-17, 02:39
theses guys know their stuff and very grateful i will leave as is until ABM guys confirm as you say could be something that needs ironing out
hows your fox HD and CH4 HD as before i had pic but no sound

CH4 HD OK but fox is not,could edit it myself with dreambox edit but i will leave it and test abm over the coming days

baz2011uk
13-11-17, 02:42
that will just roll the box back to last backup and remove the ABM fix

baz2011uk
13-11-17, 02:43
CH4 HD OK but fox is not,could edit it myself with dreambox edit but i will leave it and test abm over the coming days

thanks bud strange why mine has gone blank pic will sod off to bed and see what pans out tomorrow

dsayers
13-11-17, 02:51
Only fox hd not working as above I'll test over the next few days, time for sleep now though.

Thanks for the update

MeeŽkat
13-11-17, 02:51
thanks bud strange why mine has gone blank pic will sod off to bed and see what pans out tomorrow

As i say your abm probably just needs updated via telnet or via plugin server as i explained in post 88

Samduong
13-11-17, 06:46
**** it, we had a good run right!??

reeves1985
13-11-17, 06:49
I'm running an older version of vix as my receiver has recently been discontinued for support so I can't update abm via the menu as it errors as not latest version.
Is there any way I can update abm manually?

whoamI
13-11-17, 07:46
Here's a script that came from a plugin that I found. Script removed from the plugin as was doing some unnecessary stuff.

Script has been edited to stop a few channels being flagged with AC3 audio as they have black screen in certain areas.

If you need to edit the script use Notepad++ editor.

To edit open with Notepad++, you'll see the channels that have been blocked from updating start with a '#'.

To run the script do exactly as follows:

1) Blue button > ViX > Script Runner > Press Exit once. This will create the folder usr/scripts on your receiver.
2) FTP the the script to usr/scripts.
3) Open Script runner > Press OK to select the script > Press Green to run the script.
4) Script will run and restart the GUI.

Note you will need to re-run every time AutobouquetsMaker is run. I'd suggest turn off AutobouqetsMaker scheduled scanning. Manually run ABM when you need to and re-run the script.

Thats it. Not my work, just edited the script to stop some unnecessary stuff.

This a working workaround solution until something better is released.

Script now removed as no longer needed as work around implements into latest AutobouquetsMaker.

reeves1985
13-11-17, 08:37
I have a problem.
The script should work bit my receiver loses the abm bouquets on reboot.
It's done this for a while now (nothing to do with the script)

So if I apply the script and reboot I'd be in a position where I'd have no bouquets and have to do the cycle again.

Any ideas?

duoduo
13-11-17, 08:46
Update config working here, no problems

JonMMM
13-11-17, 08:53
I got sound back on some channels other are Dark like Nick HD and Sky Comedy HD

emporer
13-11-17, 08:54
updated config on mine just now, black screens for me, any ideas?

JonMMM
13-11-17, 09:06
on all HD channels or just some?

kt021979
13-11-17, 09:21
well ran script , but now have black screen on hd channels but do have ac3 showing on the channels but cant see as black ,sd are fine

baz2011uk
13-11-17, 09:37
As i say your abm probably just needs updated via telnet or via plugin server as i explained in post 88

ABM is bang up to date i did uninstall it and re install also just in case

Ss66
13-11-17, 10:01
yep ran script, but only bbc HD clearing now, all others dark:confused:

tosh2004
13-11-17, 12:25
Update config file and ran script all HD channels are black on openvix vu+duo2 any help?

dknight
13-11-17, 12:48
Just updated to latest ABM and now these channels are working for me, yesterday update the channel were all black screens. some progress

BBC 1 HD
ITV HD
Universal HD
TLC HD
ITV2 HD
ITV3 HD
ITV4 HD
ITVBe HD
Comedy Central HD
W HD
Sky Arts HD

cypchris
13-11-17, 13:01
Just updated to latest ABM and now these channels are working for me, yesterday update the channel were all black screens. some progress

BBC 1 HD
ITV HD
Universal HD
TLC HD
ITV2 HD
ITV3 HD
ITV4 HD
ITVBe HD
Comedy Central HD
W HD
Sky Arts HD

maybe it would help if ok also specify netid?

gibbletts
13-11-17, 13:05
All went dark for me, the same happened when I edited the pid values, just reverted to previous backup. Net Id is 40969

dknight
13-11-17, 13:17
Yea sure it's 41051, do need any other info?

dknight
13-11-17, 13:18
maybe it would help if ok also specify netid?

Yea sure it's 41051, do need any other info?

amspa
13-11-17, 15:13
All went dark for me, the same happened when I edited the pid values, just reverted to previous backup. Net Id is 40969

Same for me. Net ID 41060

imsohappy
13-11-17, 15:33
Same for me. Net ID 41052

And where have all my posts i made gone
I don't mind was just wondering ;) as i'm back to one, This one

invisiblelayer
13-11-17, 16:16
black screens now NetId 00015 :confused:

rickfun
13-11-17, 17:00
Script worked for me thanks

chris16v
13-11-17, 17:10
I can check as well when I get back tonight as I did spot most of the HD channels only had NAR in their audio streams,.

which post on this thread describes the script you are running, all I have spotted so far is to update ABM.

Andy_Hazza
13-11-17, 17:13
Post #98

dsayers
13-11-17, 17:35
Are we best having a separate thread for ABM Update config files where users can provide any needed debug logs etc?

thor1
13-11-17, 17:50
where to put script, do I make a folder scripts and do I ftp the zip file or unzip

Andy_Hazza
13-11-17, 17:58
Post #98 tells you what to do.

blueboy81
13-11-17, 18:09
Tried the script but it just turns all the hd apart from a few blank.

Just have to sit tight and hope

shatanar
13-11-17, 18:18
ID 41069 not working with both script or autobouquet update

carlowen
13-11-17, 18:59
ID 40988 not working with both on vu+ Duo 2 vix 5.0.027

eattheliving
13-11-17, 19:00
Hi all, just thought I'd chip in with a bit more info.

Running the latest vix image on solo2 box: net I'd 00008.
I re installed ABM and updated the config files but no change to the nar. Having read some of the comments I didn't run the added script because I may go black screen.

dsayers
13-11-17, 19:03
Guys after Update config files and rescanning ABM try pressing TV button to refresh channel listings and maybe reboot box

Bazzer
13-11-17, 19:10
Guys after Update config files and rescanning ABM try pressing TV button to refresh channel listings and maybe reboot box

Just for info and a thank you updated conf files in ABM rescanned and pressed TV button and rebooted box all now back to normal :thumbsup:
Mutant HD2400

dsayers
13-11-17, 19:15
Just for info and a thank you updated conf files in ABM rescanned and pressed TV button and rebooted box all now back to normal :thumbsup:
Mutant HD2400

What image and version number?

There was updates within images a few months ago that this isnt needed its to do with reloading the channel list after changes to the lamb file

eattheliving
13-11-17, 19:22
Mutant HD2400

Same for me mate on my solo2 box, just need to try it on my duo2......fingers crossed.

A big thanks to everyone

sticky7
13-11-17, 19:23
Script doesn’t work here either. Blank channels show nothing for videocodec and n/a for PMT PID.

lincsat
13-11-17, 19:26
Hi all, just thought I'd chip in with a bit more info.

Running the latest vix image on solo2 box: net I'd 00008.
I re installed ABM and updated the config files but no change to the nar. Having read some of the comments I didn't run the added script because I may go black screen.

I can confirm the updated ABM works in 00008 on the latest OpenVix. The script is a different solution but does pretty much the same thing, you do NOT need to use both. I have also noticed that not all channels are included in the ABM file I tried, about half a dozen are missing including SyFy, Nat Geo Wild and ITV1/2/3/Be HD channels

Bazzer
13-11-17, 19:30
What image and version number?

There was updates within images a few months ago that this isnt needed its to do with reloading the channel list after changes to the lamb file

Openvix build 5.0.032

sivhead
13-11-17, 19:38
just for info i have image 5.0.032
net id 00016
ran setup > tuner config > autobouquetsmaker > update config files > start scan
black screen on multiple channels
rebooted still black screen

ran the downloaded script from an earlier post (which rebooted the box) still some black screen

ukbob
13-11-17, 19:57
Mutant HD2400

Strange?
I'm on same box and image,done same as you and nothing but dark HD channels.

And in the same city as you..going by your avatar.
I'll keep trying.

EDIT: Dark channels are showing AC3 audio is there..but no pic

Ss66
13-11-17, 19:59
just for info i have image 5.0.032
net id 00016
ran setup > tuner config > autobouquetsmaker > update config files > start scan
black screen on multiple channels
rebooted still black screen

ran the downloaded script from an earlier post (which rebooted the box) still some black screen

same net ID here tried everything chanalizer,dreamedit,dreamset. Updated ABM cfg,tried the script method but all ends in blank screen :confused:

emporer
13-11-17, 20:06
My Duo 2 is just black on most stuff, running latest Openvix and updated the ABM cfg, rebooted numerous times but just getting black screens, net ID 00018 if it helps

sivhead
13-11-17, 20:15
symbol rate 6887 qam64 channels are ok sound ok
symbol rate 6952 qam256 black screen sound ac3 and mpeg options are available

roadrunner08
13-11-17, 20:23
gigablue quad plus running latest vix image

tried update config file gives me black screen on most HD channels, also tried the scriptwith the same outcome

Bazzer
13-11-17, 20:39
Strange?
I'm on same box and image,done same as you and nothing but dark HD channels.

And in the same city as you..going by your avatar.
I'll keep trying.

EDIT: Dark channels are showing AC3 audio is there..but no pic

What softcam you using working fine using Oscam

sivhead
13-11-17, 20:46
disable auto bouquets maker performed a full channel scan all channels worked ran the script manually and black channels.

Bazzer
13-11-17, 22:10
Think we need to cool down with this thread or it will be closed

mickandgreet
13-11-17, 22:13
Agreed !!!

Xpen15
13-11-17, 22:56
I have miraclebox mini HD. version 3.2. build 032. Really old. The latest I can update to is 4.2.

invisiblelayer
13-11-17, 23:01
I have miraclebox mini HD. version 3.2. build 032. Really old. The latest I can update to is 4.2.

I have one of these working perfect, had to switch to open atv as for some reason vix stopped supporting the box

Xpen15
13-11-17, 23:08
oh bugger. when you say vix stopped supporting, does that mean I won't get any downloadable plugins. So Is it easy to switch to open atv and setup the box? or is it easier to by another miraclebox. The last I bought for a friend the picture quality was poor/ fuzzy.

Bazzer
13-11-17, 23:10
My pennies worth, updated config and no issues as far as narrative is concerned but the clearing of channels is taking longer now I have noticed. Also using Oscam and no issue with this previously.

Yep noticed that too,not a massive issue just don't seem so fast

Cosmic Truth
13-11-17, 23:17
Does VIX support the Mut@nt 2400 HD? I assume I'll need to update my version, the message I get is it's the last image for the 3.2 branch.

Bazzer
13-11-17, 23:30
[QUOTE=Cosmic Truth;460593]Does VIX support the Mut@nt 2400 HD? I assume I'll need to update my version, the message I get is it's the last image for the 3.2 branch.[/QU
Yes it does i have the HD2400 i am on the latest build which is OpenVix version 5.0.032 or you need to do is update to this image and build

Cosmic Truth
13-11-17, 23:33
[QUOTE=Cosmic Truth;460593]Does VIX support the Mut@nt 2400 HD? I assume I'll need to update my version, the message I get is it's the last image for the 3.2 branch.[/QU
Yes it does i have the HD2400 i am on the latest build which is OpenVix version 5.0.032 or you need to do is update to this image and build

Thanks Bazzer. I can't remember how it was done, but I'll get round to trying it later on this week.

Bazzer
13-11-17, 23:34
I have oscam and i still got the problem, tried the script but still many HD channels on narrative, no option to change.

did youupdate conf files in ABM then rescan ABM then press tv on remote to update channel list i also restarted the box

dafy123
13-11-17, 23:52
After updating ABM config files the following channels still have no audio stream:
Syfy HD
Nat Geo Wild HD

The following channels still have audio descriptions (NAR) enabled:
Sky Arts HD
Sky Disney HD
BT Sport ESPN HD

skippie
14-11-17, 00:00
I have oscam and i still got the problem, tried the script but still many HD channels on narrative, no option to change.

UPDATE : reinstalled latest Openvix fresh,with stick, ran the script and it works now :)

kokojnr
14-11-17, 00:24
Guys please be careful what you post here, if not sure please read forum rules again!!

This thread need to be cleaned up or locked down, few comments here have violated forum rules.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

kurutsu
14-11-17, 00:30
The audio on Sky One HD also has audio description. Is listed as MPEG English, no AC3.

joysleep1
14-11-17, 00:59
I just checked if there is a software update and there's nothing. I have no sound on some channels and can't turn audio description off. Any update on when this can be fixed?

lincsat
14-11-17, 01:16
After updating ABM config files the following channels still have no audio stream:
Syfy HD
Nat Geo Wild HD

Sky Arts HD
Sky Disney HD
BT Sport ESPN HD

Those channels plus BBC1 HD, ITV 1/2/3/Be HD are all commented out on the latest update. I have reinstated them but that only fixes SyFy and not the others for some reason. I fixed them for me by editing the lamedb file - not for the novice :)

Sicilian
14-11-17, 07:12
Guys, any more softcam talk and this thread will be closed!

duoduo
14-11-17, 08:03
:confused: since when was softtcam talk forbidden on the forum?

Sicilian
14-11-17, 08:37
:confused: since when was softtcam talk forbidden on the forum?

Since members start talking about converting lines as has been happening in this thread. This thread will be closed if there's any more talk of lines or softcams within it.

dsayers
14-11-17, 08:37
Ok noticed something odd when pressing audio and choosing ac3 it takes the options off and displays just mpeg same for all other channels. Then I have to run ABM scan again.

Sicilian
14-11-17, 08:42
Ok noticed something odd when pressing audio and choosing ac3 it takes the options off and displays just mpeg same for all other channels. Then I have to run ABM scan again.

Thats happening using the script or ABM.

dsayers
14-11-17, 08:49
Thats happening using the script or ABM.

ABM I noticed if you leave it its fine but once you press audio then press on ac3 it removes it and only mpeg is showing, I need to run ABM to get it back

ukbob
14-11-17, 11:36
Guys please be careful what you post here, if not sure please read forum rules again!!

This thread need to be cleaned up or locked down, few comments here have violated forum rules.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I woke up this morning realising i'd mentioned stuff on this thread that was meant for another forum.

I never knowingly meant to post it on here... apologies to admin,mods and fellow members.

I'm old and now stupid...

Bangord30
14-11-17, 11:41
I woke up this morning realising i'd mentioned stuff on this thread that was meant for another forum.

I never knowingly meant to post it on here... apologies to admin,mods and fellow members.

I'm old and now stupid...Easily done - especially if use Tapatalk! :-)

Neodude
14-11-17, 12:49
I'm not sure if this is a related issue but I suspect it might be. I've also been having the issue with Audio Description and have fixed it by deleting and re-scanning ABM as suggested elsewhere in this forum.

During this I've noticed that I no longer have Dolby Digital. There are no settings listed anywhere in the menus for Dolby or Digital Downmix. I get no sound on Dolby Channels unless I select AC3 Downmix (Which gives me stereo).

Is this related? And ideas on how to get my surround sound back? I have tried reflashing from USB and then restoring my backed up settings, no change.

deividuska
14-11-17, 12:51
I'm not sure if this is a related issue but I suspect it might be. I've also been having the issue with Audio Description and have fixed it by deleting and re-scanning ABM as suggested elsewhere in this forum.

During this I've noticed that I no longer have Dolby Digital. There are no settings listed anywhere in the menus for Dolby or Digital Downmix. I get no sound on Dolby Channels unless I select AC3 Downmix (Which gives me stereo).

Is this related? And ideas on how to get my surround sound back? I have tried reflashing from USB and then restoring my backed up settings, no change.Have same issue on mine Vu 2.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

homer_j_2
14-11-17, 14:02

I'm old and now stupid...

Welcome to my world old friend

eattheliving
14-11-17, 14:38
just a quick question guys.

I have another 2 solo2 boxes (vix image) to do an image install on to get the audio sorted and quite frankly I can't be arsed at the moment.

my question is if I upload the channel list from an already sorted solo2 would this then sort the NAR issues on these older image boxes?

cheers again

Andy_Hazza
14-11-17, 14:50
just a quick question guys.

I have another 2 solo2 boxes (vix image) to do an image install on to get the audio sorted and quite frankly I can't be arsed at the moment.

my question is if I upload the channel list from an already sorted solo2 would this then sort the NAR issues on these older image boxes?

cheers again

The Solo2 is a satellite (dish) receiver, not a cable receiver, unless you have a cable usb tuner?

eattheliving
14-11-17, 15:01
The Solo2 is a satellite (dish) receiver, not a cable receiver, unless you have a cable usb tuner?

yes mate both have cable tuners

Andy_Hazza
14-11-17, 15:19
yes mate both have cable tuners

What version of ViX are you on now? To check on the Solo 2’s press Menu > Info > About. If you are on 4.2.xxx you can simply do a backup of the settings in Backup Manager, then you can use Image Manager to download & install 5.0.032. Would be a 10 min job max to restore settings & plugins from 4.2 if that is what you were on.

eattheliving
14-11-17, 15:20
What version of ViX are you on now? To check on the Solo 2’s press Menu > Info > About. If you are on 4.2.xxx you can simply do a backup of the settings in Backup Manager, then you can use Image Manager to download & install 5.0.032. Would be a 10 min job max to restore settings & plugins from 4.2 if that is what you were on.

not sure till I get home mate. I know they haven't been done in a while mate

tool37
14-11-17, 16:07
not working for me
vu ultimo
flashed latest vix img with stick
update config in abm
run scan using abm
restarted gui
ran script
restarted gui
most hd channels black

tosh2004
14-11-17, 16:48
its all working in Openvix latest VU+DUO2 and OPENATV 6.1 LXSPEED you have change something for showing black channels we cant talk about it here but if you follow this post from beginning you will understand.

skippie
14-11-17, 21:56
New Update : lost most of the HD channels now, they are on black!!

joysleep1
14-11-17, 22:02
I thought this issue was to do with the voice narrator thing and sound being lost on certain channels. Nothing to do with losing picture.

Ss66
14-11-17, 22:27
All now ok on vu+duo latest vix image,updated ABM cfg, This evening :)

malkin
14-11-17, 22:34
still a couple of channels still with NAR and no sound after update

abu baniaz
14-11-17, 22:37
Vague posts dont help

skippie
14-11-17, 22:58
lost most of HD channels after I ran the script

dafy123
14-11-17, 23:10
UPDATED:

After updating ABM config files the following channel still has no audio stream:
Nat Geo Wild HD

Sky Arts HD
BT Sport ESPN HD
W HD
Sky One HD
Sky Superhero HD
Sky Disney HD

duoduo
14-11-17, 23:11
Can anyone explain the issue with losing channels and why this is happening to some and not others?

Huevos
15-11-17, 00:01
Those channels plus BBC1 HD, ITV 1/2/3/Be HD are all commented out on the latest update. I have reinstated them but that only fixes SyFy and not the others for some reason. I fixed them for me by editing the lamedb file - not for the novice :)Please PM me your lamedb entries for these channels if they are working.

Xpen15
15-11-17, 01:37
Hi managed to switch my miraclebox to the osc from mg. I then just scanned again from ABM. but all still the same. Question, where is or how do i get to the ABM config files and do I need to run the script as well.

MeeŽkat
15-11-17, 03:05
Vague posts dont help

Quite difficult now tho mate as i think most people are treading on eggshells worrying the thread may be closed, a thread solely on ABM would be best opened for this specific issue with help from members like Huevos and partners

abu baniaz
15-11-17, 03:11
I am in net ID XXX
I am on XXX image, version XXX
I did XXX
I use XXX emulator
These channels have XXX problem
These channels no longer have XXX problem

MeeŽkat
15-11-17, 03:57
I am in net ID XXX
I am on XXX image, version XXX
I did XXX
I use XXX emulator
These channels have XXX problem
These channels no longer have XXX problem

No need for sarcasm mate

Ye very easy via XXX as you say but questions regarding cams can slip cant they, but when rules are rules and rules are bent what happens.

4d. Softcam discussion allowed purely for use with official subscription smartscards, not for cardsharing.

How do you police 4d. smartscards. i have a smartscard

I have a smartscard or smartcard....my turn haha, so i have a smartcard but by looks of things i still cant discuss cams?

I really could not care less about discussing cams on here as it means nothing to me but i feel bad for people told to follow rules...maybe those rules need looked at...

dsayers
15-11-17, 08:02
Ok so amiko and q5 boxes have been reported working although I don't have any of those boxes to confirm or test. Genuine vm boxes seems fine there was reports of issues but now fixed.

Is there a way to test how audio streams are working on none enigma2 boxes?

Just bumping this as we could do with a fix within enigma2, some dont use ABM so we could do with another workaround plus im still confused why its still working on none enigma2 boxes. Im not sure how but couldn't the fix be within the VAudioInfo.py

abu baniaz
15-11-17, 08:19
@Meerkat, XXX is a variable where people say what they did. So that there isn't any guesswork/confusion.

Xpen15
15-11-17, 10:13
hi please can someone point me to these ABM config files and if its possivle to ftp into box. I don't have update config files in my ABM via menu's etc. I have a old version. Or will running the script be easier. Thanks.

tosh2004
15-11-17, 10:27
ABM config file update through ABM menu.

Sicilian
15-11-17, 10:28
hi please can someone point me to these ABM config files and if its possivle to ftp into box. I don't have update config files in my ABM via menu's etc. I have a old version. Or will running the script be easier. Thanks.

Download from Github:

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/tree/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

FTP to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Xpen15
15-11-17, 10:38
Hi I dont have the Config update via my ABM. Thats why I need the config files so that I can manually ftp it into where it needs to go. Please can someone share their ABM config files in Raw format.
I tried to delete the ABM and rescan, but I still get AD/ NAR problem.
Thanks. Kind Regards

abu baniaz
15-11-17, 10:47
A recentish ABM is here. You will still need to update config files. Was posted by ccs further up in thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56797-ABM-standlalone-installation-mipsel

Ss66
15-11-17, 11:57
Well after successfully implementing all the updated workarounds on my vu duo2 yesterday, I'm pleased to say that nar is back on some of the channels this morning :mad:

joysleep1
15-11-17, 12:09
What about sound not working on Eurosport and nar geo HD and some other channels? Any fix for that?

Brad.1
15-11-17, 12:22
Hi Guys, I have been reading various posts regarding changing pid's through e-channelizer. I have selected various channels and all my pids seem to have a value set at "0". Can anybody shed any light on this??? I am using Vix with Mgcamd.
TIA

duoduo
15-11-17, 12:27
Guys, can we all please remember that the Vix team provide all this time and support for free. They are not responsible for any changes that providers implement to stop illegal viewing of pay tv and so respect needs to be given!! They go above and beyond what Vix is all about and I think some should realise this.

Sicilian
15-11-17, 12:32
Guys, can we all please remember that the Vix team provide all this time and support for free. They are not responsible for any changes that providers implement to stop illegal viewing of pay tv and so respect needs to be given!! They go above and beyond what Vix is all about and I think some should realise this.

Thank you for this post :thumbsup:

Sicilian
15-11-17, 12:45
Rather than change them all manually just update and run ABM, you will also need to change from MGcamd to OScam (do not ask here how to do that).

Please refrain from any more softcam talk.

Huevos
15-11-17, 12:53
with help from members like Huevos and partnersWhat do I know? I don't even live in the UK. :confused:

Huevos
15-11-17, 12:56
hi please can someone point me to these ABM config files and if its possivle to ftp into box. I don't have update config files in my ABM via menu's etc. I have a old version. Or will running the script be easier. Thanks.If you don't have "update config" don't use the current file.

Huevos
15-11-17, 13:00
Hi Guys, I have been reading various posts regarding changing pid's through e-channelizer. I have selected various channels and all my pids seem to have a value set at "0". Can anybody shed any light on this??? I am using Vix with Mgcamd.
TIA
55329Because you have no cache pids saved in lamedb.

Brad.1
15-11-17, 13:15
Because you have no cache pids saved in lamedb.
Thanks for your reply, How do I remedy this?:confused:

Huevos
15-11-17, 13:21
Thanks for your reply, How do I remedy this?:confused:By filling in the correct values.

Brad.1
15-11-17, 13:24
Ill just leave it....:sweating:
Thanks bud

gibbletts
15-11-17, 13:36
If you stream the channel from the webif through vlc you can get pid from the codec info

Brad.1
15-11-17, 13:44
If you stream the channel from the webif through vlc you can get pid from the codec info
Thanks bud but I cant be arsed doing all that, They obviously dont need to be set or they wouldnt all be on "0". I was going to have a mess about in a attempt to get the Audio sorted but I can live with it as it is.
This might come in useful for anybody wanting to have a mess about....http://www.en.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?mux=C036&pid=1304&live=209&sec=0&lang=en

khan888
15-11-17, 13:45
You can get the values by going on each effected channel then menu> information> service

If the video pid is 109 then the audio would be 131. If the video pid is 209 then audio would be 231 and so on.

Ss66
15-11-17, 14:01
[QUOTE=khan888;460737]You can get the values by going on each effected channel then menu> information> service

If the video pid is 109 then the audio would be 131. If the video pid is 209 then audio would be 231 and so on.

My channel 4HD pids are video 109-audio 141

khan888
15-11-17, 14:08
[QUOTE=khan888;460737]You can get the values by going on each effected channel then menu> information> service

My channel 4HD pids are video 109-audio 141

That’s because you need to manually change it to 131 or if your using abm update config files, run scan and it will change for you.

Brad.1
15-11-17, 14:11
You can get the values by going on each effected channel then menu> information> service

Thank you, Ive never been in there before.....lol. Ive just done it on Channel 4HD and its exactly what you have said. So is there a value I can change to to get Audio on ch4 HD as a experiment, If that works I'll go through all the others?
UPDATE: Ive just changed the values and I now have the option to change to NAR which I have done and now got Audio albeit its going to have AD if broadcasted.

Brad.1
15-11-17, 14:41
[QUOTE=Ss66;460738]

That’s because you need to manually change it to 131 or if your using abm update config files, run scan and it will change for you.

I updated the config file yesterday and got the blank screen syndrome. My ABM is 2.8 anyway.

Ss66
15-11-17, 15:26
[QUOTE=Ss66;460738]

thats odd as i did update the ABM cfg delete the bouquets and rescan,ss mainevent is fine now but still getting nar on bbc1HD

dsayers
15-11-17, 17:10
Is this related no sound on certain channels?

Yes of course it is using these hacks is forcing old cams to be obsolete, I know we cant talk to much about it but it needs pointing out.

Before the audio issues it was fine. Once using ABM update config files the effected channels wont work without oscam all other channels are fine.

Sorry for discussing this in here

j4g3d
15-11-17, 20:27
I've read through this whole thread, but it still makes absolutely no sense to me.

I guess a step by step fix isn't going to happen any time soon for the numpty owners?.

JonMMM
15-11-17, 20:36
I've read through this whole thread, but it still makes absolutely no sense to me.

I guess a step by step fix isn't going to happen any time soon for the numpty owners?.

Not here because its against the rules

baz2011uk
15-11-17, 21:01
Hats of to all the people involved with ABM and doing the magic they have so a thank you from here.

i little input regarding recordings as not sure if other are aware as dont see any talk about it

have all channels working as they should,
openvix 5 00 032
updated ABM con fig and re scan this evening
there was an ABM update since yesterday so thats been picked up today

manual update of a few pids after todays scan.
cinema Disney hd
super hero hd
sky arts hd
neo geo wild hd
bt espn hd

but recordings are an issue
if the recording is on a ABM fixed channel then i cant watch another ABM fixed channel at the same time sd work and so do the 1's i fixed.
if its a channel i have updated manually i can watch it along with any others i have fixed at the same time and sd but again not ABM fixed channels.

channel change speed if its a fixed one by ABM it usually clears just as the info page goes 4/5 secs TBH the delay time is not an issue and i know how to speed it up but this causes more issues so reverted back.

has anyone got any input on the recordings? and what have they seen with theirs.

dpullen87
15-11-17, 21:18
Latest vix, most recent Abm config file (updated 10 mins ago) Disney HD still has NAR and there maybe others.

Is this what everyone else is experiencing?

Bazzer
15-11-17, 21:50
Hats of to all the people involved with ABM and doing the magic they have so a thank you from here.

i little input regarding recordings as not sure if other are aware as dont see any talk about it

openvix 5 00 032

cinema Disney hd
super hero hd
sky arts hd
neo geo wild hd
bt espn hd

if the recording is on a ABM fixed channel then i cant watch another ABM fixed channel at the same time sd work and so do the 1's i fixed.
if its a channel i have updated manually i can watch it along with any others i have fixed at the same time and sd but again not ABM fixed channels.

channel change speed if its a fixed one by ABM it usually clears just as the info page goes 4/5 secs TBH the delay time is not an issue and i know how to speed it up but this causes more issues so reverted back.

has anyone got any input on the recordings? and what have they seen with theirs.

Yep experienced the same m8 can't watch any other channels in ABM listings whilst recording .Stop recording all ABM channels return :confused:.:confused:

Bazzer
15-11-17, 22:05
Perhaps the recording issue is only happening to those names are Bazz:roflmao::roflmao:

baz2011uk
15-11-17, 22:25
Perhaps the recording issue is only happening to those names are Bazz:roflmao::roflmao:

lol it may well be buddy

chris16v
15-11-17, 23:15
results from my testing:
NO ACCESS to test using OSCAM

test1
------
osmega
mgcamd
OpenVIX 5.0.032
ABM 2.9 (latest update tonight)

results: plenty of HD channels with black screen, no audio but AC3 audio stream has returned as an option to some of those channels

test 2
------
osmega
CCcam
OpenVIX 5.0.032
ABM 2.9 (latest update tonight)

results: plenty of HD channels with black screen, no audio but AC3 audio stream has returned as an option to some of those channels

channel PID comparison of some channels
-----------------------------------------------

TEST - - - channel - videoPID - audioPID - clearing - audio
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABM 2.8 - SlyPremHD -- 309 -- 331 -- YES -- NAR
ABM 2.9 - SlyPremHD - 309 - 331 - NO - AC3/NAR

AMB 2.8 - Slyprem1hr -- 1001 -- 1011 -- YES -- MPG/NAR
ABM 2.9 - Slyprem1hr - 0 - 0 - YES - MPG/NAR

ABM 2.8 - SlyDisnyHD -- 209 -- 231 -- YES -- NAR
ABM 2.9 - SlyDisnyHD - 0 - 0 - YES - NAR

ABM 2.8 - BBC1HD -- 209 -- 231 -- YES -- NAR
ABM 2.9 - BBC1HD - 0 - 0 - YES - NAR

ABM 2.9 - BBC2HD - 109 - 131 - NO - AC3/NAR

lincsat
15-11-17, 23:18
I had reported the recording problem to a dev already. Best I can suggest for now is to look at the latest provider xml and hash out the channels that you do not want to be altered, eg channels that seldom have narration, like all Sky sports HD except main event, all BT Sports, Sky Arts and a few others.

You should find that you can record an altered channel and watch a non-altered channel and vice versa

GDF68
15-11-17, 23:21

openvix 5 00 032

cinema Disney hd
super hero hd
sky arts hd
neo geo wild hd
bt espn hd

same here m8, been going round in circles for the past 2 days when I realised I could not record / watch 2 hd channels-----

nice summary of which is working and not.cheers ( same as me)

i keep restoring my backup from the 13/11 before ABM update and scan and can record/watch all HD channels but of course NAR is still present( not - manually fixed PID'S so i can still record)

hope we find a solution

Xpen15
16-11-17, 01:18
Hi I updated the ABM config, i.e. ftp into the usr\lib etc folder. When I go to rescan I get Area not Found error. I've kept the same original ABM pluggin. Could this be the problem?
Or do I need to put the area code in somewhere?

baz2011uk
16-11-17, 01:40
Guys need to watch whats being said on thread or it will get locked

baz2011uk
16-11-17, 01:43
same here m8, been going round in circles for the past 2 days when I realised I could not record / watch 2 hd channels-----

nice summary of which is working and not.cheers ( same as me)

i keep restoring my backup from the 13/11 before ABM update and scan and can record/watch all HD channels but of course NAR is still present( not - manually fixed PID'S so i can still record)

hope we find a solution

i done the easy route and removed all hd channels pretty simple
copied from another forum i put it up on

guys if i was you TBH i would just remove all HD channels if you are not confident messing with setting ect
its a quick and easy way to remove them yes its only sd but at least there are no recording issues and if's and buts about channels working

as people seem to be getting confused with all the options and differences
from builds to c.....

let the ABM guys ect crack on i am sure give it time a good and stable fix will be in place it has been less than a week since and progress has been spot on (wish i was as clever as theses guys)

download notpad++

copy this into it

Code:
<custommix>
<inserts>
</inserts>
<deletes>
<delete target="108"></delete>
<delete target="109"></delete>
<delete target="111"></delete>
<delete target="113"></delete>
<delete target="141"></delete>
<delete target="145"></delete>
<delete target="150"></delete>
<delete target="162"></delete>
<delete target="163"></delete>
<delete target="164"></delete>
<delete target="165"></delete>
<delete target="168"></delete>
<delete target="176"></delete>
<delete target="177"></delete>
<delete target="178"></delete>
<delete target="179"></delete>
<delete target="181"></delete>
<delete target="183"></delete>
<delete target="191"></delete>
<delete target="194"></delete>
<delete target="195"></delete>
<delete target="199"></delete>
<delete target="200"></delete>
<delete target="203"></delete>
<delete target="206"></delete>
<delete target="209"></delete>
<delete target="249"></delete>
<delete target="251"></delete>
<delete target="257"></delete>
<delete target="265"></delete>
<delete target="268"></delete>
<delete target="274"></delete>
<delete target="280"></delete>
<delete target="311"></delete>
<delete target="401"></delete>
<delete target="403"></delete>
<delete target="404"></delete>
<delete target="405"></delete>
<delete target="406"></delete>
<delete target="407"></delete>
<delete target="408"></delete>
<delete target="409"></delete>
<delete target="410"></delete>
<delete target="411"></delete>
<delete target="412"></delete>
<delete target="416"></delete>
<delete target="429"></delete>
<delete target="501"></delete>
<delete target="502"></delete>
<delete target="503"></delete>
<delete target="504"></delete>
<delete target="505"></delete>
<delete target="506"></delete>
<delete target="507"></delete>
<delete target="508"></delete>
<delete target="509"></delete>
<delete target="510"></delete>
<delete target="521"></delete>
<delete target="522"></delete>
<delete target="527"></delete>
<delete target="528"></delete>
<delete target="529"></delete>
<delete target="530"></delete>
<delete target="603"></delete>
<delete target="604"></delete>
<delete target="625"></delete>
<delete target="710"></delete>
<delete target="711"></delete>
<delete target="714"></delete>
<delete target="732"></delete>
</deletes>
<hacks>
</hacks>
</custommix>

save it as cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml

then

FTP in your to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\Auto BouquetsMaker\custom and put the above file in there now back to receiver and run ABM scan and restart once scan is done

also change channel swap to no in ABM / providers as well in (i didnt need to do this)

any auto/timers you have set on HD channels you will need redo to SD ones

i have done this to a bedroom box on openvix using m..... as its what i use so very little change to my setup in there and wont take any longer than a few mins to do

hope this helps some of you

Xpen15
16-11-17, 01:54
when I look in providers I see Kabel (NL) and Virgin (UK) only with the new config files. I don't get the 3rd Virgin (area) part where I can click left to select area ID. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

JonMMM
16-11-17, 07:38
Its not just a recording issue, its when you try to access 2 channels at the same time, i.e. watching one streaming another, recording 2 at the same time etc

casuk
16-11-17, 10:55
Its not just a recording issue, its when you try to access 2 channels at the same time, i.e. watching one streaming another, recording 2 at the same time etcWhy is that happening only on hd, as SD is fine

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

ccs
16-11-17, 11:19
.... I think you just need to be patient.

JonMMM
16-11-17, 11:40
Why is that happening only on hd, as SD is fine

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

It because the changed have been made to the HD channels not the SD ones, I am sure now the the issue is known it will be being worked on

joysleep1
16-11-17, 11:45
So would a software update need to be done for this fix to happen?

dpullen87
16-11-17, 13:58
So would a software update need to be done for this fix to happen?

Yes I'm sure the good guys at VIX and ABM are working hard behind the scenes to fix this, just need to be patient and let them work. Reports are ATV 6.1 is working, but I'm a VIX man so can't confirm that.

Cosmic Truth
16-11-17, 15:06
Its not just a recording issue, its when you try to access 2 channels at the same time, i.e. watching one streaming another, recording 2 at the same time etc

I know this is going to be a stupid question, but have you checked all your tuners are enabled?

joysleep1
16-11-17, 16:21
No problems on any channel here.

Using OScam & ViX - not using ABM.

When you say no problems, do you mean you get sound on Eurosport and Nat geo HD?

JonMMM
16-11-17, 16:22
I know this is going to be a stupid question, but have you checked all your tuners are enabled?

Yes I can watch 2 SD channels at the same time

Xpen15
16-11-17, 16:34
Anyone please tell me why im not seeing virgin area in providers list withn new ABM config file. Do i need to edit somewhere. Also JonMMM. You say you not usung ABM. How did you setup with out ABM. I thought this is only way to scan in channels?

lee3272
16-11-17, 16:40
No problems on any channel here.

Using OScam & ViX - not using ABM.

How did you do this pls as i dont use abm have my own boukets

blueboy81
16-11-17, 16:56
People driving themselves crazy with all this. Why not just wait for a fix when the guys have come up with one. Surely SD isn't the end of the world for the moment.

joysleep1
16-11-17, 17:11
People driving themselves crazy with all this. Why not just wait for a fix when the guys have come up with one. Surely SD isn't the end of the world for the moment.

No one is driving themselves crazy, I think this issue is bigger than a simple fix, people are just trying to work out if they need to start doing things manually and using e-channaliser to sort all these problems out or whether a software update would just fix the problem.

But yh i agree we just have to be patient, i do not understand why softcam talk is being mentioned here, the issue is sound and narrator thing. I did not think picture was an issue here

Sicilian
16-11-17, 17:32
This thread is very close to being locked!

JonMMM
16-11-17, 17:40
Anyone please tell me why im not seeing virgin area in providers list withn new ABM config file. Do i need to edit somewhere. Also JonMMM. You say you not usung ABM. How did you setup with out ABM. I thought this is only way to scan in channels?

Area is set up in tuner config, and I do use ABM, think you have me confused with someone else

joysleep1
16-11-17, 17:51
Running latest vix build, updated ABM config files and now no picture for me - read elsewhere that updating ABM kills the cam.

Oh

See i do not use ABM with my cable channels, i just scanned and organised them the way i liked it and have had it like that for around a year now. I do not know if that makes a difference. But the issue with this thread was sound and the voice narrator. SOFTCAM talk should not be mentioned.

joysleep1
16-11-17, 17:57
This thread is very close to being locked!

Would it not make sense to warn the users who mention anything that breaks rules rather than shutting the thread down

Sicilian
16-11-17, 18:09
Would it not make sense to warn the users who mention anything that breaks rules rather than shutting the thread down

All users have to accept the rules before even starting to post. All members should be fully aware of the rules.

This the last warning, any more cam, line talk will result in this thread being locked.

showstopper
16-11-17, 18:10
Apologies.

cactikid
16-11-17, 21:01
i know members should know the forum rules by now but is there a pop up warning to read again before entering forum to post as we have seen that before?

GDF68
16-11-17, 22:12
everyone knows the rules, yet look it does not stop the mentioning it. even when told not to do so