PDA

View Full Version : GigaBlue Quad+ remote control stopped working.

jawz
09-11-17, 20:27
Model - GigaBlue Quad Plus
Chipset - BCM7356
CPU - Mipsel 1.3Ghz Dual core
Image - 5.0.032 (Release)

I flashed to image 5.0.032 about a week or so ago. Everything was running smooth until 2 days ago my GigaBlue remote control just stopped working. The remote control seems to be working as i have pointed into a digital camera and can see the infra red beam on the camera when i press a button on the remote control. I didn't change any settings, or drop the remote control. I have changed the batteries on the remote. I have restored a backup image i created when the remote control was working but still the remote control will not work. The led on the front of the receiver does not blink when a button is pressed anymore.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Is there a way to 'reset' the remote control?

thanks

jawz

twol
09-11-17, 20:45
On mine there is a giga button which enables it as a controller for the receiver - have you something similar?

jawz
09-11-17, 20:52
Doh, can't believe it was something so simple. Thanks twol that worked a treat

twol
09-11-17, 21:41
Nothing is simple unless you have been there and solved it:)

Joe_90
10-11-17, 00:03
Har! Har! That button on the giga remote caught me out several times when I had it first. I haven't used the remote in about two years now, though. I bought a Harmony remote (model 300) and it has all the functions I need and is much better quality.

twol
10-11-17, 07:17
I use a software app to control my setups, but when my in laws stay here I have to provide the remotes - unfortunately always a period of destructive learning :)