PDA

View Full Version : IP address

kingo
22-01-11, 11:28
Just spent ages trying to connect to my box using the IP address I took on the first day of setup and it would not connect, just checked and its changed is this normal ? its just the last digits that changed.

thanks

Larry-G
22-01-11, 11:35
yes it is normal for the IP to change depending on how you set things up, it's really not a problem .

if you de-select DCHP in the network settings of your box this will stop the ip changing and keep it static.

kingo
22-01-11, 11:38
not changed anything on the box just let it do it itself through the wizard, just concerned that to some it may look like im using another box and stop my cccam.cfg file

Sicilian
22-01-11, 11:41
not changed anything on the box just let it do it itself through the wizard, just concerned that to some it may look like im using another box and stop my cccam.cfg file

Be careful where this goes ;)

kingo
22-01-11, 11:43
Thanks I am aware and was not going to go further, just wanted to know if this is going to change all the time or is there away i can set it to what it was originally IP wise

Larry-G
22-01-11, 11:47
yes it will change unless you de-select the DCHP check box within the boxes network settings page.
although i'm pretty certain i already said that,

bassethound
22-01-11, 11:48
In my router you can tell any connected device to use the same ip all the time

kingo
22-01-11, 11:56
thanks guys changed it back to what it was using advice from pheonix.