PDA

View Full Version : Forum views jumping effect

leshay
31-10-17, 18:56
Hi
Past couple of days, I have had an effect where the entire page 'jumps' up/down by one line at a time very frequently.
I believe the cause is an item in the page headers showing a list of machines 2 or 3 at a time.
When the list contents change from (say) 2 items to 3 items, the page adjusts to accomodate the new list size.It looks like the element showing this list is a series of images (maybe?), but of different sizes, thus causing the jumping. Everything is effected,missing or selecting wrong options from a drop dow etc.
See images attached.

roy0110
31-10-17, 19:49
have adblocker?
sometimes an adblocker has this effect

Sicilian
31-10-17, 19:51
Can't see any issue here. Your screenshots don't show anything that makes any sense to me.

Emulated
31-10-17, 19:56
Ad block does this with some web sites. i don't use an ad block on any forums but use Badger on other web sites.

abu baniaz
31-10-17, 21:19
Thread moved out of general discussion

cactikid
31-10-17, 21:36
i always use adblock plus and no issues here, i might suggest a virus and malwarebytes scan for lurkers.

leshay
01-11-17, 04:17
Hi
I do use AdAware, and have used it for a long time withno strange effects on this site. It was only from a couple of days ago that this strange effect has been happening.

I have scanned for malware and such with nothing found.

Disabling AdAware and restart of browser (firefox) stopped the effect.

Is this some sort of attermpt by the web site to prevent the use of Ad blockers?

Sicilian
01-11-17, 11:01
Is this some sort of attermpt by the web site to prevent the use of Ad blockers?

No not at all, never have done.

Valiant
02-11-17, 11:46
If you experience this scrolling, it is because your ad blocking add-on is preventing the display of the graphic and you are just getting the text links. Just add the sponsor to your whitelist and you are good to go.

leshay
02-11-17, 15:01
If you experience this scrolling, it is because your ad blocking add-on is preventing the display of the graphic and you are just getting the text links. Just add the sponsor to your whitelist and you are good to go.

Hi

It is a non-issue now. I have made use of CSS style sheets instead with great success.Thanks