PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding plugin missing

ghostivv
26-10-17, 14:57
Hi at mates place setting up hd51. Transcoding plugin is missing and can't seem to find on plugin downloads.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
26-10-17, 15:06
What transcoding plugin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostivv
26-10-17, 15:09
Can't see transcoding plugin in feeds. That's assuming this box support transcode.

ghostivv
26-10-17, 15:23
Not easy typing on phone :-(. I'm trying to setup streaming outside of LAN to view on phone/tablet similar to my mutant hd2400 which has transcoding plugin. But on this box can't find similar plugin. Streaming on local LAN without transcoding is fine on android.

twol
26-10-17, 15:50
There is no hardware transcoding on the HD51

ghostivv
27-10-17, 10:19
ahh..thanks. What about software based transcoding like in solo2?

Received HD51 as part of warranty replacement for HD2400 and looks like it's a downgrade :mad:

twol
27-10-17, 11:31
ahh..thanks. What about software based transcoding like in solo2?

Received HD51 as part of warranty replacement for HD2400 and looks like it's a downgrade :mad:

Downgrade? You must be joking:)
However, it doesn‘t have hardware transcoding, like many of the Arm receivers......you need the appropiate Arm chip from Broadcom that supports this feature.

joysleep1
27-10-17, 13:47
Downgrade? You must be joking:)
However, it doesn‘t have hardware transcoding, like many of the Arm receivers......you need the appropiate Arm chip from Broadcom that supports this feature.

Well a twin tuner down from a quad tuner is a bit of a downgrade

twol
27-10-17, 14:15
Well a twin tuner down from a quad tuner is a bit of a downgrade

But only if you need the quad tuners:) ... and when you look at the Arm boxes (which are the "new" receivers), the only way to get the equivalent of 4+ tuners is probably through an FBC tuner receiver? - could be wrong just can't think of any 4 tuner boxes currently around (although there are a few new receivers coming that might)