PDA

View Full Version : hybrid tuners

baz2011uk
22-10-17, 23:23
hi

i have a duo2 fitted with 1 x VU+ Hybrid Dual / Twin 2x DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner that allows me to watch 1 and record 1 on different transponders and i have just ordered another VU+ Hybrid Dual / Twin 2x DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner to install into my duo2 if i use a loop though cable will this allow me to say watch 1 and record 3 if they was all on different transponders i am pretty sure i have this right but handy for someone in know to advise me otherwise

looking a bit further on if the above will work does this also mean i could watch 1 and record 1 on the duo2 and say use client mode on 2 vu zero's upstairs and watch 2 other channels again on different transponders

thanks

abu baniaz
23-10-17, 00:01
You can only fit two PnP tuner cards on the Duo2. If I have understood your description correctly, you will be able to independently receive a total of 4 frequencies (across all the receivers using them).

baz2011uk
23-10-17, 00:28
brilliant thats how i planned it with the 2 PnP tuners 1 other quick question rather than run another cable from the 2 way splitter (and changing it from a 2 way to a 3 way) to the 2nd tuner can i use a loop though i guess i can but never had to use 1 before

thanks again

abu baniaz
23-10-17, 00:46
See this thread about splitters/loop-through cables

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44799-Loop-RF-out-for-Cable-Terrestrial

Can you also please consider using commas and/or full stops. They are free and help avoid confusion.

Don't stop.
Don't stop!
Don't! Stop!

baz2011uk
23-10-17, 01:31
thank you.

any real need to comment on my punctuation? its a forum not a letter to the Queen.

being a bit slow so to say on the English side of things and not having passed a GSCE or an A level on it i find your comment pretty hurtful.
as it is my spelling it very poor and do my up most to make sure its spelt correct for others to understand so count yourself lucky you could even read it as i count myself lucky you even understood it and was helpful enough to reply.

abu baniaz
23-10-17, 05:39
It is a forum where people try to help each other. To afford the correct help, it is important to understand the issue/query properly.

So, yes, it was valid to request you communicate your issue better. It is not as if you are talking face to face with everyone and we can tell where each sentence stops.

I won't be responding to your threads again. I have better things to do than read text four times to make sure I understood it. I tried to pull you up rather than push you down!

It was not my intention to hurt your feelings. Sorry.

Emulated
23-10-17, 07:23
thank you.

any real need to comment on my punctuation? its a forum not a letter to the Queen.

being a bit slow so to say on the English side of things and not having passed a GSCE or an A level on it i find your comment pretty hurtful.
as it is my spelling it very poor and do my up most to make sure its spelt correct for others to understand so count yourself lucky you could even read it as i count myself lucky you even understood it and was helpful enough to reply.

No need to take offence. If posts are difficult to understand they tend to get ignored. Google lists grammar checkers, try one.

baz2011uk
28-10-17, 01:53
Would like to say thank you to Abu baniaz was very straight forward to do and now have 2 hybrid tuners up and running

thank you