PDA

View Full Version : Update to latest vix and box just sits at booting...

gws
19-10-17, 11:49
Good day all, I updated my sf4008 last night via the update menu and the box just sits at booting... I have no idea where to start, I did backup everything before the update but as the box will not boot do not know how to resolve this. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks GWS

Willo3092
19-10-17, 12:01
Flash with a clean image and then restore your backup.

softlad
19-10-17, 13:01
I had the very same problem,,,tried everything possible...ive sent it back too wos..and now its been sent onto octagon for repair :(

Willo3092
19-10-17, 13:28
I've seen a few posts about online updates and ARM boxes.
I always flash from USB and restore settings.

Andy_Hazza
19-10-17, 13:41
I've seen a few posts about online updates and ARM boxes.
I always flash from USB and restore settings.

I’ve never had such issues with my Vu+ ARM receivers. (Solo 4K & Ultimo 4K)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willo3092
19-10-17, 13:45
2 of them were SF4008's so possibly something to do with updated drivers? The other was a HD51 I think.
Maybe it's just a coincidence.

gws
19-10-17, 14:29
Thanks for the info, I have tried with 4 usb sticks and nothing happens,it just sits there with the booting message. Time to contact WoS I think.

Sicilian
19-10-17, 15:37
Thanks for the info, I have tried with 4 usb sticks and nothing happens,it just sits there with the booting message. Time to contact WoS I think.

Use a MAX8GB stick. Use a REAR USB port.
Format USB stick FAT32 with HPtool here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool
Use a genuine kingston stick.

softlad
19-10-17, 15:49
Format USB stick FAT32 with HPtool here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

I did all that myself ..brought various flashdrives including a Kingston stick 8gb...also tried the fix and also the hp format tool...no matter what firmware I tried or which usb socket I tried,,nothing worked...sent mine back too wos on Tuesday..had a email today saying the unit is being sent back to octagon for repair :(

Sicilian
19-10-17, 16:00
I did all that myself ..brought various flashdrives including a Kingston stick 8gb...also tried the fix and also the hp format tool...no matter what firmware I tried or which usb socket I tried,,nothing worked...sent mine back too wos on Tuesday..had a email today saying the unit is being sent back to octagon for repair :(

Your issue was totally different, yours kept getting stuck flashing rootfilesystem or something along those lines.

softlad
19-10-17, 16:04
yer it went too rootfile system...then hung on booting.....but was only trying too give the lad a heads up...I was on mine almost a week before I gave in and sent it back....hope gws does have the quicker option as ive now got to wait 2-4 weeks

gws
19-10-17, 17:02

I received support from WoS who said more or less what you have said. I found a real old usb stick (128Mb given away free with PC world magazine) formatted and did the re flash and it worked. I really dont understand why the boxes are so fussy about the usb, is it a linux thing? Thanks too all. GWS

AndyXr
22-10-17, 13:13
Had the same problem but used an alternative image until a new Openvix image came out. Flashed the latest Openvix image without a problem.