PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN 4K] HD Channels - volume does not change

zbluebirdz
17-10-17, 20:41
On all HD channels, the volume does not change - you can see the volume slider bar changing, but the sound levels don't change. Have to use the TV controls to make the adjustment.

adm
17-10-17, 21:07
On all HD channels, the volume does not change - you can see the volume slider bar changing, but the sound levels don't change. Have to use the TV controls to make the adjustment.

That's normal on all receivers.

SpaceRat
17-10-17, 21:08
HD channels usually have AC3 audio (at least here).
If you use AC3 pass-through, what you observe is the normal behaviour:
Pass-through = don't touch = don't change volume.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

zbluebirdz
17-10-17, 21:36
Then how do I turn off this "feature"? I don't want to constantly use both remote controls to manage the volume. I never had this issue with non Enigma receivers.

SpaceRat
17-10-17, 21:47
Any device with AC3 pass-through will behave this way, no matter if it's a Blu-ray player, Set-Top-Box, whatever.

Two ways to avoid it:
1. Enable "Stereo downmix" for Dolby Digital/AC3. This will ruin the 5.1/7.1 experience to stereo, but will allow to control volume on the box.

Or

2. Push volume on the box to the max. That way, stereo and AC3 will have about the same volume on the A/V receiver (or screambar or the trashy foil speakers inside todays flat TVs).
Then, use the A/V receiver (screambar, TV, ...) volume controls ONLY.
Decent remote controls (Logitech Harmony) or HDMI-CEC (Crappy Electrical Cooperation) will allow to have the STB remote to control the A/V receiver (...) volume instead of the STB volume.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

zbluebirdz
17-10-17, 22:14
tks.

Menu > Setup > Audio & video > Settings ... change "AC3 down mix" to Yes/On

Yellow Ostrich
20-01-18, 13:30
Hi,

I have this problem also. My Sony Bravia TV remote also controls the volume control on my Onkyo AV Receiver.

Can I configure the TM-Twin-4k remote to control the volume on the TV which will in turn adjust the Volume on my AV receiver?

Thanks,

YO