PDA

View Full Version : SD card in Mount Manager on Formuler F1

Willo3092
17-10-17, 17:04
Is there any way to get the SD card to show in Mount Manager on ViX?
I know I can use it as a recording / swap / epg / timeshift location without using Mount Manager but I just wondered if it was possible to mount it as hdd?

Sicilian
17-10-17, 17:52
Is there any way to get the SD card to show in Mount Manager on ViX?
I know I can use it as a recording / swap / epg / timeshift location without using Mount Manager but I just wondered if it was possible to mount it as hdd?

I think mount manager needs to be modified to allow mount via SD card slot. As you can you can set SD card via Recording and timeshift settings.

Sicilian
17-10-17, 17:56
I've been using a 16GB SD Card, formatted NTFS. Installed NTFS drivers via plugin feeds. Formatted the SD Card NTFS on PC.

Willo3092
17-10-17, 18:25
Yes I can use it for epg etc without any issue.
Just wondered why it doesn't appear in Mount Manager so that it can be used as a HDD replacement.

Willo3092
17-10-17, 19:46
Well managed a bit of a workaround by flashing ATV, setting the SD card as hdd and copying the fstab entry and then adding it to my ViX fstab.
Tried it on 2 different SD cards and seems to be working okay.

This is the line if it helps anyone else:

UUID=fc7b936f-2445-d301-f073-936f2445d301 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

Would be nice to do it from Mount Manager if any of you clever people get bored!
I appreciate that there aren't many boxes with an SD slot.

Sicilian
17-10-17, 22:21
You don't need to mount in order to record to the SD Card.

Format as I described above in post 3, insert into slot and reboot the receiver.

Menu > Setup > Recordings & Playback > Select 'Default Movie Location' > Press OK > Press Menu to switch to Filelist > Navigate to your SD card and create a new book mark > Press menu again to select bookmarks > Select the new bookmark as new default movie location.

Willo3092
17-10-17, 22:41
I haven't got any issues with recording to it or using it for epg, swap file and timeshift.
I wanted to be able to mount it as /media/hdd to make it a hdd replacement.
Editing the fstab seems to have done the trick. I just didn't understand why the ATV Mount Manager will show the SD and ViX doesn't.

Sicilian
17-10-17, 22:43
I haven't got any issues with recording to it or using it for epg, swap file and timeshift.
I wanted to be able to mount it as /media/hdd to make it a hdd replacement.
Editing the fstab seems to have done the trick. I just didn't understand why the ATV Mount Manager will show the SD and ViX doesn't.

Ah ok, mis-understood. Mount manager needs looking at to mount SD.

birdman
19-01-18, 15:33
This is the line if it helps anyone else:

UUID=fc7b936f-2445-d301-f073-936f2445d301 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0
Except no-one else will have that UUID. At least, given that it stands for Universally Unique IDentifier, they shouldn't.

Willo3092
19-01-18, 16:15
I wasn't sure about that to be honest. It did look rather unique to be fair :)