PDA

View Full Version : 1080 movie keeps cutting out/crashing to menu

hiohaa
21-01-11, 23:46
hello,

when i play a 1080 blu ray rip , transferred from my pc to the vuduo hard drive, it keeps cutting out randomly during the film, after only 2-3 minutes, stopping, and returning back to the file menu. does the same thing no matter where i start the film, whether at the beginning, or half way through. its definitely not something wrong with the file (as it works on my pc fine)

what is going on? it used to play them fine!
this is even when im not recording anything. is the hard drive bust? i bought it along with the vuduo back in august.

running VIX 1.3. its only started doing it recently, i dont know why. plays fine on my computer.
any ideas?

Larry-G
21-01-11, 23:51
its a driver issue inherited from the original VU firmware on which VIX is based. hopefully this will be resolved when the new version is released as this version will be based on the original version 5.5 which has better drivers.

hiohaa
22-01-11, 02:20
thanks for replying.

i just watched another 1080 film and it was absolutely fine, seems to be random films it does it on.

do you know if theres a chance that they will update the driver so it can decode dts?? or is that a hardware thing which the vu+ will never be able to do?

silverfox0786
22-01-11, 03:51
use a program called gspot

and look at the file that worked and the one that didnt and look at the codec and what it was created with

then try converting the file that didnt work to be like the one that worked

if its a driver fault then you will need to request to vu to fix it

this seems a codec issue to me as i see it in the PS3 some files work and some dont due to codec and yet they work on a PC with correct codec intalled