PDA

View Full Version : Epg importer

eattheliving
15-10-17, 11:55
Hi all,

Got a bit of a query.

I am running vix 4.2.030 on my duo2 with double sat and single cable tuner. My issue is that the epg importer does not populate the information any more. I have set it to run automatically but when I check it says it was last run today at xxxx time but 0 events. I do have the rytek virgin U.K. Xmltv sources ticked.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers all

abu baniaz
15-10-17, 11:57
Uninstall the plugin, then re-install it. Then set it up again.

eattheliving
15-10-17, 12:05

Cheers mate. Will give it a go and post back in 5

eattheliving
15-10-17, 12:25

Still the same result mate. It gives me the time then says 0 events. Didn't want to re flash with new image at the moment as will have to set up kodi n wookie etc all again.... i think and Kat was a pain��

abu baniaz
15-10-17, 12:31
Oops, misread the image you are on. You will need to install latest version of plugin

eattheliving
15-10-17, 12:35
Oops, misread the image you are on. You will need to install latest version of plugin

Thought so mate. Just gonna be a pain re doing wookie on the kodi plugin.

Chelsea_64
15-10-17, 13:01
I have the same issu. I reimport the epg suppliers and then activate the actual for my region. Work well after that

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A5000 via Tapatalk

eattheliving
15-10-17, 13:04
I have the same issu. I reimport the epg suppliers and then activate the actual for my region. Work well after that

Did you set the net I'd in the tuner configure menu mate?

MarsArtis
15-10-17, 16:46
Is there any way to edit configuration files for VIX 4.* IMAGES, without having to update to latest 5.
At present I'm ok with my 4.2.006.

So I may just need to change the URL the importer have to follow.

Chelsea_64
15-10-17, 19:35
Did you set the net I'd in the tuner configure menu mate?
? It's work for me

eattheliving
15-10-17, 19:42
Got all the net id set and rytek xmltv files ticked but will not update. Like 2 posts up if it's possible to update download URL that would save me a lot of hassle

abu baniaz
16-10-17, 01:00
Try this file. It goes in /etc/epgimport/

The older file uploads end in January.

eattheliving
16-10-17, 08:01

thanks matey. will give it a go later today.

MarsArtis
16-10-17, 08:47

Thx, worked fine.

eattheliving
16-10-17, 17:08
No joy for me though. File uploaded fine but doesn't have any virgin xmltv sources in it so still no 7 day epg for me�� Looks like a full image update is looming.

Andy_Hazza
16-10-17, 17:10
No joy for me though. File uploaded fine but doesn't have any virgin xmltv sources in it so still no 7 day epg for me�� Looks like a full image update is looming.

Do the update, you know you want to!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
16-10-17, 17:12
Are you aware you can do an image settings restore from 4.2 >> 5.0?? So no need to fret about updating to 5.0.029!!

dsayers
16-10-17, 17:32
I use jenseneverest_VERMIN_uk_xmltv.conf with CrossEPG and it works great almost 14 days EPG. The conf goes in usr/crossepg/providers.

He also does an epg import version but you'll still be best updating

HeRmAN
16-10-17, 19:06
Thanks abu baniaz :thumbsup:

The new rytec.sources.xml did the job fine
And since I'm located in Sweden I ticked the three options for Swedish channels to start with and I got 15xxx events

I'm still using the 4.2.030 on my VuDuo
Upgrading to 5.x will be at a more planned occasion since the box is working fine as it is.
'If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it'

eattheliving
16-10-17, 20:05
thanks for all the help guys.the xmltv file from dsayers worked a treat.

will update soon Andy_Hazza .... when i can be bothered to muck about getting wookie on kodi again.
:thumbsup:

cheers everyone

abu baniaz
16-10-17, 23:54
No joy for me though. File uploaded fine but doesn't have any virgin xmltv sources in it so still no 7 day epg for me😤 Looks like a full image update is looming.
Rytec merged the Sky and Virgin providers.

Rytec will be killing off the .gz files in January.

Andy_Hazza
17-10-17, 07:50
thanks for all the help guys.the xmltv file from dsayers worked a treat.

will update soon Andy_Hazza .... when i can be bothered to muck about getting wookie on kodi again.
:thumbsup:

cheers everyone

Your Kodi settings won’t get touched. The .kodi (hidden file) is on your HDD. So updating to the latest image and installing Kodi via the plugins will give you Wookie back without doing anything.

eattheliving
17-10-17, 11:15
Your Kodi settings won’t get touched. The .kodi (hidden file) is on your HDD. So updating to the latest image and installing Kodi via the plugins will give you Wookie back without doing anything.

that would be great. will give it a go at the weekend. thanks matey :thumbsup: