PDA

View Full Version : VIX v1.3 - full controls/button mappings please

hiohaa
21-01-11, 22:24
hi,

really hoping someone here could tell me all the various ways to access channels etc.
everythings changed from vix 1.2!

1. how do i bring up the channel list to scroll through?
2. how do i bring up the VIX EPG so its just like in the picture, on the download thread for the image, where you've got the preview video above the EPG at the bottom?
3. how do you get the picons?
4. how do you get it to download 7 or more days of EPG info, when i went through cross EPG before it would automatically download 7 odd days of data, now its just downloading 2.
5. which EPG to use? Theres sky open, theres XMLTV UK, i dont know which one to use?
what is an XMLTV provider.
what is an OpenTV provider.
what is an XEPGDB provider.
what are scripts providers.

what are the differences between these providers?!

6. whats Ryvix?
i think it would be really nice if for us newbies, every single menu and submenu was explained (what it is, what it does), like a proper product manual after you'd just walked into a shop and bought something (imagine that).

thank you.

silverfox0786
21-01-11, 23:24
1 EPG menu change change tv list to on
2 again EPG Menu change a)PIG to ON b) use picons to YES c) item on show to 5
3 Add the picons of your desire in a folder called picon adn place in root of any connected device and picons will auto recognise and load (recomended ona USB Stick)
4 you need to configure the epg n the relevent epg from VIX menu
5 open TV is downloaded via the feed beam using a radio channel rytec/xmltv are a xml file downloaded via the net
6 Rytec is the man behind ryvix epg he is a support assistant here for his epg data if you use ryvix he is here to help

i tried to look into a vix manual but i really am too busy to comit to it at this time but dont write it off i will really make an effort some time to get a VIX manual sorted