PDA

View Full Version : [ET8500] FTP Password

silverblack
05-10-17, 18:33
I went to use E-channelizer to tidy up some channels but the box wouldn't login.
I have never used a password only the default settings in both e-channel and filezilla but both would not connect.
I went to the box and went through the menus and found under network/password a generic password.I changed it to 1234 and got back into the box.
Is this a new setting as i don't think i have came across it before ?

adm
05-10-17, 18:48
I went to use E-channelizer to tidy up some channels but the box wouldn't login.
I have never used a password only the default settings in both e-channel and filezilla but both would not connect.
I went to the box and went through the menus and found under network/password a generic password.I changed it to 1234 and got back into the box.
Is this a new setting as i don't think i have came across it before ?

Build 5.0.028 My FileZilla still works with the settings unchanged for years. The password field in the Network menu does contain a random series of upper and lower case characters but I've never pressed green to save so I assume the box is still using its default settings.

silverblack
05-10-17, 18:53
Build 5.0.028 My FileZilla still works with the settings unchanged for years. The password field in the Network menu does contain a random series of upper and lower case characters but I've never pressed green to save so I assume the box is still using its default settings.

I never used it either but had to change to 1234 and do the same with e-channel and filezilla :confused:

bellejt
06-10-17, 07:55
needed to change it also after updating in my previous set passwrd.

silverblack
06-10-17, 19:28
I've also noticed the ET-8500 is not showing up in Windows PC or Macbook.
Had to enable Samba/NFS in that Network setting.
Never had to do that before after previous updates.

adm
06-10-17, 20:24

Again, my samba was still running without intervention after a couch update to .028 and a restore of settings from .027.

Tkr001
07-10-17, 12:31

Samba/nfs was removed from being part of the base image years ago!

silverblack
07-10-17, 22:24
Samba/nfs was removed from being part of the base image years ago!

Are you saying the settings should not be there ?
After enabling both i could access the ET-8500 from PC/Macbook.

adm
07-10-17, 23:25
Are you saying the settings should not be there ?
After enabling both i could access the ET-8500 from PC/Macbook.

I'm assuming that although both have menu items in the Vix image both may be plugin type applications. When I enabled Samba many images ago the code was first downloaded from the Net before being enabled. However, on subsequent image changes a restore of settings AND plugins after a new image download has resulted in it working (and enabled) without any further intervention. It is no different for me with .028.

With FTP I've done nothing different for this image update (.028) to keep it working. I haven't changed any menu settings. I've never bothered to set a password on the box so that may be the difference in what others are seeing if they have previously set a password.

abu baniaz
07-10-17, 23:36
Again, my samba was still running without intervention after a couch update to .028 and a restore of settings from .027.
What answer did you give in the subsequent screen about restoring plugins?

abu baniaz
07-10-17, 23:39
Also, if you run the list installed plugins script on image as it is now, does it list samba?

Script here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57193-Manually-restore-settings-from-images-older-than-4-2

adm
07-10-17, 23:47
What answer did you give in the subsequent screen about restoring plugins?

Yes,
I do realise that I should have written "with a restore of settings and plugins"

abu baniaz
07-10-17, 23:50
Actually, no need to answer as it is already above. In post 6, you said "restore of settings". In post 9, you said restore of "settings AND plugins"

A restore of settings and plugins automatically re-installs any packages that were previously installed. This is provided they are on the plugin server and the plugin server is reachable. Any dependencies will also be installed for you.