PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN 4K] Setup (overview plan)

Asrampd
04-10-17, 23:03
Hi - still a newbie (TM TWIN 4K - 2 dishes 28.2 & 19.2)

I am still trying to get my head arround this system. I can't find anywhere a beginers guide. Enerything on the internet that could help (and frequently wants to help) discusses a subject in enourmous depth and makes huge sweeping statemants similar to "Having removed Engine & Gearbox now use tool IQK34-4".

Is there anywhere an introduction to setting up a Reciever ? - This will be totally wrong but - this is what I mean.

TASKS...
1) Wire the system and get it Visible on (TV) screen
2) Connect it to the Internet (Hardwired or Wifi)
3) You will need to engineer the channel list (Either by downloading one from the internet - or - by instructing the box to search connected LNB signals)
4) Channels from 3) are in no usable order and will remain so. The unit uses "Boquets" of channels to reorder them. Learn about how to Create & Implement "Boquets"
5) Reccording - you will need to a)attached & format a suitable HD. b) learn how to initiate Reccording - Instantly/ from EPG.....
6) Playback - learn where reccordings go - How to playback - how to access/edit them from a PC over a network

There will be more - I for example do not know how to do 4) 5) & 6)

Da\/e...

abu baniaz
05-10-17, 00:03
You would need to describe your dish setup a bit more clearly first. Do you have a cable from each dish direct to the receiver? Do you have diseqc switches installed? How many diseqc switches? What wiring to/from diseqc switches

Asrampd
05-10-17, 19:27
Hello,

Yes I do have two dishes 28.2 to LNB input 1 and 19.2 to LNB 2 (No Diseqc) in use)

abu baniaz
05-10-17, 19:35
Not the best setup, never mind.

Set tuner A as:
simple, single 28.2

Set tuner B as:
simple, single, 19.2

abu baniaz
05-10-17, 19:40
May I suggest you read the Vix manual. A bit outdated, but it will explain most things

Asrampd
05-10-17, 22:29
Hello,

I have read most of it - which is why I started this thread. There is no Overview for setup. In particular a section headed "How to arrange the channels you like in an order you like".

Da\/e...

abu baniaz
05-10-17, 23:36
Have a look at the e-channelizer website.

http://www.echannelizer.com/

It is far easier to use a channel editor than the remote.

machare
06-10-17, 01:08
Hello,

I have read most of it - which is why I started this thread. There is no Overview for setup. In particular a section headed "How to arrange the channels you like in an order you like".

Da\/e...

I use DreamboxEdit on my Windows PC. You can download the program/application from this website.

Dreambox edit uses FTP to get channel information from the receiver, you can then arrange the channels how you want and then send the data back to the receiver. There are other editors which some prefer.

Asrampd
06-10-17, 21:51
machare - Sounds good just what I want - channels I want in the order I want.

Ta.