PDA

View Full Version : Restore an Ultimo 4K from a duo2 full image backup ?

Timmo65
29-09-17, 21:46
Hello chaps,
I'm just about to set up my new ultimo4k which currently has an openatv image on it and I was wondering if I can use a backup image from my duo2 to restore it on to the Ultimo. No idea if this is possible or advisable but it might save me a fair bit of time if it does work.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks Martin

duoduo
29-09-17, 21:58
Unfortunately not mate, you will need to setup from scratch.

ccs
29-09-17, 22:02
I'd have thought a settings restore with no plugins might work?

twol
29-09-17, 22:15
FCB tuners vs legacy tuners, plus arm Architecture vs mips
I don‘t really think so

Timmo65
29-09-17, 22:21
Thanks chaps, I might give it a go out of interest just to see how badly it fails !

duoduo
30-09-17, 07:12
Don't say we didn't tell you so buddy when you brick the receiver...

twol
30-09-17, 08:08
Yep, trying to install an image backup from a MIPS based receiver onto an arm based receiver with totally different drivers is asking for a few miracles ... but some people still believe in miracles:)

Timmo65
30-09-17, 08:47
Don't say we didn't tell you so buddy when you brick the receiver...

Is there really a chance of bricking it? Won’t a reflash fix it up, you’ve got me worried now.

Andy_Hazza
30-09-17, 10:13
Is there really a chance of bricking it? Won’t a reflash fix it up, you’ve got me worried now.

All the dithering you have done, the Ultimo 4K would have been all setup within half hr of turning it on and setting it up as new. You are a fool if you do use a backup, especially on an expensive receiver like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timmo65
30-09-17, 15:13
I did as advised and just flashed to latest openvix.
Now just having a few issues with the cable fbc tuner not showing any signal after setting it up with the same details as the dual cable tuner I had in the duo2. More time needed on that - Sat fbc tuner is good.

Huevos
01-10-17, 11:03
Yes you can restore a backup from one receiver to another. It doesn't matter that you are restoring legacy to FBC tuners.

But you can't restore a backup from a different image into ViX.

Timmo65
01-10-17, 11:40
Great, thanks for that, I may still give it a go just out of curiosity now

twol
01-10-17, 11:56
Great, thanks for that, I may still give it a go just out of curiosity now

Why? In your 1st post you said „backup image restore“ not a „backup settings restore“.
Everybody has said NO to an image restore.

Timmo65
02-10-17, 00:53
Sorry, did I misunderstand Huevos....

Yes you can restore a backup from one receiver to another. It doesn't matter that you are restoring legacy to FBC tuners.

I thought he was referring to image restore not just settings?

abu baniaz
02-10-17, 01:15
You cannot flash/restore an image from one model of receiver onto another.

Think about it. If you downloaded a Duo2 image form openvix.co.uk, will you be able to flash it on the Ultimo4K?

OpenVix Image Manager:
1. Restore means flash.
2. With stock file, you cannot flash/restore ARM receivers.

Settings file:
You can use settings/from from one receiver onto another. You can try between images, but that is likely to result in problems.

Bouquets:
Use a channel editor to save, then restore

Timers/Autotimers.
You can use these between receivers irrespective of image. You must stop Enigma2 when transferriing files

abu baniaz
02-10-17, 01:16
Using plain English, what do you want to transfer across? Please do not use the word "settings" because it means different things in different contexts.

Timmo65
02-10-17, 08:13
Thanks for your responses, at first this was just an open question of can it be done and was met with a clear NO. That’s fine but I obviously them misunderstood what Huevos responded with which to me sounded like a clear YES, perhaps he was referring to a settings backup.
My intention was to try to set up the new ultimo to match the duo2 in one hit with an image restore from the duo2 including all settings. I have already done the flash from the latest openvix and I’m just fine tuning now.

abu baniaz
02-10-17, 11:26
will you be using the same image?

Timmo65
02-10-17, 12:23
will you be using the same image?
I have used the image from openvix specifically for the ultimo4k - Openvix 5 0 027 Release Vuultimo4k Usb

abu baniaz
02-10-17, 12:47
Have a read of this thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57193-Manually-restore-settings-from-images-older-than-4-2