PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Tuners Died on me

Tosca
24-09-17, 14:32
I've been using the STB for less than 2 weeks and during viewing a program, the VIX symbol rotated in top left of TV screen.
Nothing would work, ( no picture and no dish movement), so I switched off and re booted. Still nothing.
Terrestrial viewing and recording is still working fine.
The problem is the STB, as the motorised dish moves with an old receiver. All connections are sound.
Has anyone any thoughts on what to do, before I send the STB back to World of Satellite.
Thanks for any suggestions.

twol
24-09-17, 15:21
Post pictures of your tuner setup, then maybe somebody with a motorised setup will comment.

cactikid
24-09-17, 19:36
spinning vix is box under stress as there might be a clash with a plugin or skin?

Sicilian
24-09-17, 22:27
If the unit is not booting for some reason re-usb flash OpenViX. Have you installed any plugins or skins?

How to flash: http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/VU+%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20VU+%20Solo4K.pdf

OpenViX images: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo4k/

Tosca
24-09-17, 22:28
Tuner set up is fine thanks. The same set up also worked fine for years with a different STB.
I haven't put any skins on, but loaded a plugin (vhannibal.motor), which I also used for years on the other STB.
Maybe I need to delete this and load another!

Tosca
24-09-17, 22:33
The STB boots OK, but nothing happens. Blank screen. No voltage output to motor mount and no picture.

abu baniaz
25-09-17, 02:05
The Solo 4K has different type of tuners to other receivers. If you are using same config as other receiver, there may be an issue.

In my opinion, attaching the settings file is better than describing your setup.

I had an issue where I could not use 19.2. It turned out I made an error in configuring the tuners.

abu baniaz
25-09-17, 11:03
Just looked at your old posts, you had motor issues in April with a different receiver. You had same issue a few days ago.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on receiver being fine.

You have not tried a different signal wire, nor have you drawn a picture of your setup. These were asked so that you can get help you need.

ade1970
27-09-17, 02:21
hi, had recent similar issue on vu duo2 using vhannibal settings, also done so for years, but recently causes crashes with spinning vix, what i did was to delete the vhannibal plugin and use abm to load all the bouquets from different satellites you want and set it up for 'don't keep other bouquets apart from abm' , just in case some residual setting as i found. that should get them working hopefully and don t know if it helps but under devices my hybrid twin dvbc-2 tuners disappeared but still working great!? i also did a fresh usb install and didn't restore plugins as lcd4linux can be troublesome. Good luck.

Sicilian
27-09-17, 05:41
Theres no need to use the plugin imo. Use the pre-made settings bouquets. When a new image is built, these are updated too. So when you update images your bouquets will be updated too.

Tosca
27-09-17, 22:22
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and recommendations. It was ALL useful in building up my knowledge on the Enigma2 system.
I deleted the Plugin I was using and restarted GUI.
The DISEqC H-H motor instantly started moving again.
I will upload screen shots of any appropriate settings in future.
Thanks for a great Satellite Forum.