PDA

View Full Version : Octagon SF4008 Flash Image

Tunder
24-09-17, 06:28
Hello Gentleman
I am having a problem with my octagon, if i was to flash the box with the latest updates form any image, it loads very good but there is no sound,but if I install an image from last month I get the sound and if I install any image with the latest updates on multi-boot everything works, I can update the images in multi-boot and there is no issues with sound.
Just wondering why I can not install any image with the latest updates in the flash with out loosing the sound.
Any Ideas where the problem maybe will be appreciated.
Regards.:mad:

twol
24-09-17, 07:58
I assume you are flipping between OpenATV and ViX?
The Multiboot plugin just loads an image from external storage and doesn't change anything other than the multiboot hooks.
As has been reported in several threads there was an issue with the SF4008 drivers ... hence the audio issue.
OpenATV build every night and so their image has the fixed drivers, as long as you use a recent image. OpenViX will have the fixed drivers when the next image is available.

Tunder
24-09-17, 23:29
Hello twol
Thanks for your response, I been flipping between ATV, VIX, OPENEIGHT, EGAMI, SATDREAMGR, same problem, I was thinking of doing a factory reset, but I read it will reset to the last image uploaded to the flash.
Well, I can live with this I just hope when blind Scan comes around I would be able to blind scan from the images on multiboot.
I will wait a while for the images to correct the problems with audio and try them again on the flash.
Thanks again.
Tunder

laserquest
17-11-17, 11:29
Hi - I'm having this problem too. Can you tell me whether you managed to solve it, and if so, how?

Tunder
17-11-17, 16:22
Hello Laserquest
Here is my fix:

Hello All
Here is my fix for the issue with AC3 sound with 2160p 60hz, under the Video settings The last option on the very bottom " Control Hardware Chip Modes" I changed it to 12bit 4:2:0/4:2:2 no PIP.
It worked with images EGAMI, OPENVIX, OPENATV, SATDREAMGR AND OPEN8.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Tunder

laserquest
17-11-17, 22:27
Hello Laserquest
Here is my fix:

Hello All
Here is my fix for the issue with AC3 sound with 2160p 60hz, under the Video settings The last option on the very bottom " Control Hardware Chip Modes" I changed it to 12bit 4:2:0/4:2:2 no PIP.
It worked with images EGAMI, OPENVIX, OPENATV, SATDREAMGR AND OPEN8.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Tunder

Thanks Tunder. I have given this a go but it still hasn't worked. I did a reboot too, to no avail.

I think I'll just need to revert to the previous image and hope that fixes it - or perhaps I'll try OpenATV as I've never used that image before.

twol
17-11-17, 22:33
Forgotten about the SF4008 driver issue ......both ATV & ViX use the same drivers (its the same OE-A for both) so will not make a difference.
I think it went wrong with the kodi driver support, so any ViX before 15th September should work for you.
Could be wrong but worth trying

laserquest
17-11-17, 22:59
I'd like to give OpenATV a go first, and then try your advice at switching to the pre sep 15th version if it doesn't work.

Next question: I'm Trying to flash the Octagon box in the same way as I used to flash images to the Vu+Duo - via USB. It's not working. What am I doing wrong?

twol
18-11-17, 10:05
On the Octagon,
1) FAT32 usb format stick
2) copy the SF4008 folder to the stick (unzip the download to extract the folder)
3) Insert ONLY this usb stick
4) power on
5) press power button when the stick is recognised and the receiver then tells you to do so.

But I always found the box a pain to flash this way, which is why I rarely did it by usb.

Sicilian
18-11-17, 10:23
Use a rear port and max 8gb stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tunder
19-11-17, 17:20
Thanks Tunder. I have given this a go but it still hasn't worked. I did a reboot too, to no avail.

I think I'll just need to revert to the previous image and hope that fixes it - or perhaps I'll try OpenATV as I've never used that image before.

Hello Laserquest
Make sure the refresh rate under video settings is not set to multi.
Regards.
Tunder

Garden
21-11-17, 16:21
Forgotten about the SF4008 driver issue ......both ATV & ViX use the same drivers (its the same OE-A for both) so will not make a difference.
I think it went wrong with the kodi driver support, so any ViX before 15th September should work for you.
Could be wrong but worth trying

Hi twol.
I'm also using an earlier Vix image because of sound issues with newer images, Has anyone tested the new Openvix 5 1 002 Release yet to see if this works?

Thanks

twol
21-11-17, 16:48
I don't think drivers have been updated since 5.1, so you need to look at the advice on this thread

Garden
21-11-17, 17:00
I have, That's why I asked if anyone has used or tested the New release yet?

mrxbox360
21-11-17, 17:09
I done both of mine today & both working fine sf4008 & hd51

Garden
21-11-17, 17:17
I done both of mine today & both working fine sf4008 & hd51

Thank You.......The answer I was looking for...

ccs
21-11-17, 17:24
I done both of mine today & both working fine sf4008 & hd51... and before, did you have the sound problem mentioned at the start of this thread?

twol
21-11-17, 18:08
don't forget this is a 2160 AC3 issue.

Garden
21-11-17, 19:17
don't forget this is a 2160 AC3 issue.

Update...flashed with latest Openvix image & still no sound with 2160p :mad:

twol
21-11-17, 19:37
See post #13 ...... I guess they are busy on the SF5008

Garden
21-11-17, 19:59
See post #13 ...... I guess they are busy on the SF5008

Yes did everything that was mentioned in the thread, so it looks like ive got to wait for a driver update. :smash:

laserquest
21-11-17, 20:33
Hello Laserquest
Regards.
Tunder

Thanks Tunder.

I stuck with Open Vix 5.0.26 in the end. This version works with sound. Funnily enough, I used a 32gb flash drive in the front of the machine, and do have the refresh rate set to multi, and it works like a dream!

Shame the latest ViX hasn't addressed this issue, but I'm just glad a) it wasn't a dodgy box, and b) that I got it working with an earlier version.

skippie
21-11-17, 22:47
going back to 5.0.26 also due to the sound & recording problems lately too. Recording on let's say Belgian TV and HD channels on Virgin Cable go black.
Nothing changed in my setup so this is a new problem in the latest software updates.

mrxbox360
21-11-17, 23:57
... and before, did you have the sound problem mentioned at the start of this thread?

Hi the only issue i had previously was the annoying voice over on both my boxes, this as far as i can tell has been resolved however im a bit pre occupied due to me recently just bought the xbox one x console & not watching a lot of tv at the min :cool:

mrxbox360
22-11-17, 00:00
Hello Laserquest
Regards.
Tunder

ive got both my boxes set to multi refresh rate hd51 on samsung 1080p tv & the sf4008 set to multi on 2160 samsung 4k tv & so far no issues on either box.

Garden
22-11-17, 09:39
Really don't get this with this SF4008, if I revert back to 5.0.26 It will bring back the voice over issue using 2160p Res I want, then if I leave it as it is the voice over has gone but with no sound on 2160P res, so have to have it on 1080p.
Why are Octagon selling these boxes as 4K UHD when the sound doesn't work on them settings......