PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Internet

Stanman
21-01-11, 16:34
Just about to upgrade my phone and getting the HTC Desire HD and so far T mobile have the bet deal at £25PCM with 500MB DL limit - do you think this is enough?

I will probably be using the occasional nav prog and web surging.

Those that have smartphones, how much do you use each month?

wullboy
21-01-11, 21:58
stanman... i`ve just fininshed a 18 month contract with 02 [ £35 a month ], im still with 02 and i`m now on a 30 rolling contract at £10, that is unlimited text, 100 minutes & 500 mb [ i think ] so i so no probs with my internet data running out on me per month....

Larry-G
21-01-11, 21:59
500mb is more than enough for my htc desire per month

Stanman
22-01-11, 15:03
Cheers folk, Off I go to phones 4 u to buy my 3 months contract out.

pooface
22-01-11, 15:09
I'd say all depends on your usage? Do you use a lot of net outside of home? I use wireless during evening at home and weekends when at home, but rest of time is mobile internet.

I have exchange & gmail set for push, and an imap for every 30 minutes.

Don't get much usage on mobile net at work (unless tethering :p). Have check usage, and seem to generally have 250mb a month on mobile, and 500mb on wifi...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

digidude
22-01-11, 18:22
i have 500Mb on vodafone, and the only time i came close to it was when i installed the yahoo mail app, it seemed to be checking for mail every 30 seconds or something. deleted that app, and i now average around 120Mb a month (i have a data tracker app) and i use the mobile net on it every day (HTC desire)

pooface
22-01-11, 19:10
i have 500Mb on vodafone, and the only time i came close to it was when i installed the yahoo mail app, it seemed to be checking for mail every 30 seconds or something. deleted that app, and i now average around 120Mb a month (i have a data tracker app) and i use the mobile net on it every day (HTC desire)

What you using to track your data? I use NetCounter, but doesn't seem the most stable on my desire z... Seems to track fine, but every now and then it doesn't update properly, and I have to force close for it to show updated data...

digidude
22-01-11, 19:29
What you using to track your data? I use NetCounter, but doesn't seem the most stable on my desire z... Seems to track fine, but every now and then it doesn't update properly, and I have to force close for it to show updated data...

its called 'Data Counter Widget' and is free from the apps center m8

its cutomisable, so as my bill cycle starts on the 14th of the month, it resets itself on that day to zero, it displays in a small square on my home screen taking up just one space, and shows me how muck ive used overwifi and mobile network seperatley so as not to think ive downloaded too much via the mobile network

a very neat little app

Stanman
22-01-11, 20:07
Well I have pulled the trigger on a HTC Desire HD on T Mobile, 600 Minutes, 500 TXT - I never send more than 10 in a month at best :D:D, and Internet for £25.53 but £50 cash back from the retailer and £65.65 via topcashback as well.

Its the 2nd T mobile deal on this link.[

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/phone/HTC_Desire_HD/

Stanman
24-01-11, 08:56
I have another question:smile:
As I well be connecting to the net, do I need any anti scumwear on it? if so which one.

Ta

Stanman
26-01-11, 23:18
Guys do I need anti virus software, if you what's the recommendations?

Ignore the angry face don't know where it came from