PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Streaming and vpn issues

qps
21-09-17, 11:49
Hi,

I have recently flashed and updated the image on my Enigma2 box. I have a Vu+ Duo2. Virtuoso Image Xtreme, kernel 3.13.5. The issue I have is that that my streaming content (IPTV) stops working once I start my vpn service. Whilst my vpn service is on my PC is working fine and I can view my IPTV stream via VLC.

I have tried two ways to initiate my vpn (IPVanish), in both cases the PC works fine, when I check the IP, it does indeed show different IP's when it is on and off.

The two ways I initiate the vpn is, (1) using Openvpn on the Duo2, (2) Using my router as a vpn server via L2TP with IPsec Policy.

In both cases the Duo2 stops streaming channels. I have checked the openvpn logs at verb=5. It shows that it has connected to the vpn tunnel and "WRWRWR" are seen. In both the above cases I run the command "wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo". Before vpn initiation, the command returns my ip address immediately. After vpn initiation I get the following error (after a bit of time) wget: bad address 'ipecho.net'

I have tried to figure this out but am struggling now. I thought initially Openvpn was the issue. But do not believe it is. Due to me getting the the same response when openvpn is not running. Is it something within Vix that is an issue?

Appreciate if you could provide any help or assistance.

TIA

scrupples
21-09-17, 12:39
some providers dont allow a vpn connection, maybe its this?

qps
21-09-17, 12:46
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I agree with you regarding access. I have had issues with a lot IPVanish servers to connect to my IPTV provider. There is one server which does connect and I can watch the IPTV service no problem on my PC (windows 10, VLC). It is this working server I have been using on my Duo2 with no success. With regards to the other "non working" servers I have taken that up with my vpn.

Regards

SpaceRat
21-09-17, 19:54
"Bad address" looks much like there is no DNS to resolve the address while the privacy tunnel is running.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

qps
21-09-17, 21:55
Thanks SpaceRat, I was starting to move in that direction. But any further guidance to this would be appreciated.

How would I know which DNS are being used when the VPN is on. Is there a command line for openvix equivalent to ipconfig of dos is it ifconfig?

My /cat/resolve.conf says

nameserver 194.168.4.100
nameserver 194.168.8.100

These are my VM DNS's.

TIA

sunday96
22-09-17, 03:15
I am having this same issue on my Duo2. My IPTV provider said they supported VPN and it was enabled on my service but still, anytime vpn is started, iptv channels stopped working, when vpn stopped, channels works again. I thought I was the only one with the issue until I coincidentally stumbled om this post.

I will be interested in resolving this issue too.

Cheesr

qps
22-09-17, 10:27
SOLVED
=====

I have been able to get my IPTV service working with my VPN (IPVanish). I am using Openvpn on my Duo2 successfully. In the end the fix for me was to include IPVanish's DNS's in the /etc/resolv.conf file.

When I get time I will look at getting it working on my router, currently I do not use DD-WRT or Tomatoe firmware. But thats for another day. Just Glad that I have the service now working with my VPN.

Regards

sunday96
22-09-17, 16:12
Got mine working too. The issue was from my VPN provider. I needed to select certain VPN location to make streaming possible. Everything now set on the router and works great. No need to connect individual devices in the house.