PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue vs edision question please!!!

lex7791
19-09-17, 07:24
Hello good morning to everyone!!!
I know that maybe a stubid question but i am a begginer and i want to know.
My question is:
Which is better reciever gigablue quad or edision mini? I know that quad is more more expencive than edision mini.
Which have better picture quality? (i am very interested in picture quality between this two recieiver)
I know edision os mini have newer cpu but gigablue quad is faster and has better rom ,lcd screen etc....
edision mini (i think) is 2015 recieiver and Quad is 2013 reciever)
Can you help me please?
I am interested more in picture quality and then other specs.
Thank you for your time! I know this is a great forum with fast answer/responses.

Andy_Hazza
19-09-17, 08:11
What is your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lex7791
19-09-17, 08:22
Thank you for fast responce Hazza!!!
I dont care about budjet!
I have already gigablue quad and a best friend of mine has edision mini.
I just want to know which is better recieiver(better picture quality)
Because my friend is going to give me this edision os mini and i dont know which of this 2 receivers i will connect to my dish in my house.
If you have 2 of this recievers which one will you connect to watch channels?
Thank you very much!!!

twol
19-09-17, 08:56
I wouldn't expect any difference, but viewing images is such a personal experience, that I would just say try both and make a choice based on what you see.

lex7791
19-09-17, 10:05
Thank you!

Sicilian
22-09-17, 06:48
If you want something with similar speed or faster than the GB Quad, look at the Edision OS Mega: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/edision-os-mega-osmega

adm
22-09-17, 08:45
I wouldn't expect any difference, but viewing images is such a personal experience, that I would just say try both and make a choice based on what you see.

It can also depend on which TV is being used and whether the box or the TV is doing the up-scaling etc. Most TV come with default settings more suited to shop demonstrations rather than a real world living room environment and just adjusting the TVs settings can make a big difference - usually by turning OFF (or at least toning down) the manufactures features that claim to give a better picture quality.

Consider also that the broadcasters are trying to squeeze more and more content into the same bandwidth and on most of the lesser TV channels the picture is so filtered and compressed that no amount of processing in the receiver is going to restore the quality back to the picture. A lot of picture processing in these boxes is performed in hardware so the speed of the processor is more likely to effect how long it takes to change channels, search for timer programs etc. rather than effecting broadcast picture quality.

lex7791
22-09-17, 15:39
I have plasma vt 20 panasonic 3d 50'