PDA

View Full Version : octagon 4008 possible bug

hazzardboy7
18-09-17, 18:48
Hello, i have a octagon 4008.

I got the recent updates from about 3 days ago, and since then i have a problem.

When i go to watch normal TV, my TV will switch to HDMI all on its own, the only way i can stop this is by pulling out the HDMI cable.

I have replaced the cable, but its no different, it all stated when i updated the octagon a few days ago,i never had this problem before I updated the sat receiver, is there a bug causing this.

thanks

ccs
18-09-17, 18:50
Menu/setup/HDMI CEC

hazzardboy7
18-09-17, 18:51
ccs

no tried that, its turned off

ccs
18-09-17, 19:11
Is there another hdmi port on your tv you could try?

Switch both boxes off before removing hdmi leads.

hazzardboy7
18-09-17, 19:56
yes i can try that, i have not tried that, so ill check

just for info,

I know when the television will go off, on the front of the sat box, there is a flashing icon, then the TV changes over to HDMI port 1 no matter what the TV is showing, even if on you tube or something

Ill report back tomorrow

thanks

hazzardboy7
19-09-17, 09:34
Hello ccs

i moved my DVD recorder into the HDMI port, in the same place as where the Octagan has always been that seems fine.

Moved the Octagan into the old DVD HDMI port and that seems fine now as well, the TV has not changed channel or moved to a different input.

ill keep an eye on things, but so far its fine, very strange, as the Octagan has been in the same port since i had it

thanks

Andy_Hazza
19-09-17, 10:01
Hello ccs

i moved my DVD recorder into the HDMI port, in the same place as where the Octagan has always been that seems fine.

Moved the Octagan into the old DVD HDMI port and that seems fine now as well, the TV has not changed channel or moved to a different input.

ill keep an eye on things, but so far its fine, very strange, as the Octagan has been in the same port since i had it

thanks

Your tv may have recently had a software update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hazzardboy7
19-09-17, 21:57
Hi, i don't think so to be honest, my TV has had version 1.38 for a long time now, just really strange HDMI works ok, but for now.ill use a different port

thanks