PDA

View Full Version : News from Team Blackhole

bassethound
21-01-11, 12:41
Back to there old tricks again LOL :smash:

News from Team Blackhole
Dear Blackhole fans,

It is with regret that we have to announce the suspension of this project for the foreseeable future.

Due to the time and efforts needed to support Blackhole Images the team and coder can not give the project the time and resources it requires.

With regret
Blackhole Team

Stanman
21-01-11, 12:49
mores fool them that went with their image. BH well and truly deserve this :finger:

Larry-G
21-01-11, 13:14
LOL can't really say I am really surprised by this. Between these clowns and all the incarnations of DE its like watching mickey mouse hour

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

pooface
21-01-11, 13:21
Is this in regards to open blackhole? Or the blackhole image entirely?

Sent from my HTC Desire

Donnie
21-01-11, 13:41
Is this in regards to open blackhole? Or the blackhole image entirely?

Sent from my HTC Desire
This is only regarding the open Black Hole project, Black Hole support for the Vu is not affected.

silverfox0786
21-01-11, 23:16
idiots thats all i say

a image team needs to get along and make a colective decision other wise it can never sucssed n its tasks to be done and fall apart

faloa
22-01-11, 15:23
do not know what they want...............................

Donnie
22-01-11, 22:58
idiots thats all i say

a image team needs to get along and make a colective decision other wise it can never sucssed n its tasks to be done and fall apart

I can assure you that the team get along just fine, the personal attacks that happen are the biggest problem.
Most do not see them but on Italian boards especially it is a big problem.

do not know what they want...............................

They do trust me, what they do not want are the threats and abuse..:mad:

digidude
22-01-11, 23:50
most teams get abuse, its part of the 'hobby'?

a team will have a specific target, and that target group of users will want more, and if its not delivered, for whatever reasons, even if what people are asking for cannot be done, its the team doing the coding who gets the blunt end of the deal, even though they may have done years worth of work for free.

most coders etc are anonymous in real life, but, they do have real lifes, and do the coding for a hobby, and they dont need people on their cases about 'why this dont work' or 'how come my box crashes'

i have BH on my DM800, and its the best image on the box that ive used, but in saying that, ive only updated it 3 times in 4 years lol

but another thing, what if the main people who use your image is not the intended target users? i have found out today that an image i have been releasing for the last few months is bigger in portugal than it is in the UK, should i then change all the defaults to portuguese and the default sat to 30W? ill annoy the hell out of all the uk users if i do, but the portuguses want it set for them, its a lose / lose situation for me

i, like most others in this hobby, do it for just that, a HOBBY. 6 years ago i didnt know the difference between a var folder and a ring binder

to all those who complain that 'this teams crap and that team dont listen to anything anyone says' theres a VERY simple answer, get reading, and learn to do it yourself, or thank the people who give up countless hours of their own time to change things that with a bit of effort and time, you could learn to do yourself

tomthebomb1968
23-01-11, 01:58
I for one hope these guys are back in the mix sooner rather than later.

sonc
23-01-11, 02:34
I for one hope these guys are back in the mix sooner rather than later.

They still are......please read post #5.

tomthebomb1968
23-01-11, 02:41
They still are......please read post #5.
Im using a BH image now, but not an openbh. They are different are they not. No Army skins on BH but are on openbh.

Stanman
23-01-11, 13:31
I don't think any one is ungrateful for the efforts put in by the code. My very first image on the VU was a DE and I loved it. It did what I needed and was quite happy.

I am afraid on the net you need a thick skin as there are many cyber warriors and trolls.

What I find annoying about De/BH is thnings change and some instances within the day, it leaves the average non of the above types in a quandry and not knowing if they have made the right choice n their image selection.

If any code is unhappy with the abuse some "users" give then the simple answer is go use another image, if you can't be thankful and patient than:finger: to them.

I use VIX and appreciate the hard work Andy has put into it. VIX 1.1 was perfect for my needs as is 1.3, I don't need the bells and whistles on my image - just need it to do the basics perfectly.

jusaju
23-01-11, 21:12
Im using a BH image now, but not an openbh. They are different are they not. No Army skins on BH but are on openbh.

Hi
Yes they are different.