PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Samba Problem

EMJB
15-09-17, 17:13
Since I updated my ET10000 to 5.0.26 I have been unable to get Samba to work - every time I try to set it up I get a message saying an error has occurred, and to try again later.

Testing the network from the ET10000 does not report any errors, and both FTP & SSH work correctly. The error occurs whether or not the PC is switched on, and rebooting the PVR and router have no apparent effect

The apparently relevant bit of the log file is as follows:

[Skin] processing screen NetworkServicesSummary:
[OnlineVersionCheck] Checking feeds state
[OnlineVersionCheck] PASSED: stable
[OnlineVersionCheck] Check already in progress
[OnlineVersionCheck] Checking feeds state
[OnlineVersionCheck] PASSED: stable
[OnlineVersionCheck] Check already in progress
[Skin] processing screen MessageBox:
[Skin] processing screen MessageBox_summary:
< 231.818316> [eMainloop::processOneEvent] unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 58(16)
< 231.819409> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 160 1
[MessageBox] Timeout!

A similar "unhandled" message occurs several times, starting thus:

[OpenWebif] started on 80
< 39.587318> [eMainloop::processOneEvent] unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 33(16)thought the fd value varies.

Can anyone suggest what I might have done wrong?

EMJB

birdman
15-09-17, 17:36
The unhandled POLLERR/.. comes about when a sub-process unexpectedly dies.

ccs
17-09-17, 21:29
I don't use samba much at the moment, but this afternoon I reckon it was timing out on a very regular basis. (5.0.026)

Viewing my ET10K on a windows pc (file explorer), I could access it very quickly, move thru' folders quickly, but if I waited a while (20 secs maybe) then the next access would take around 30 seconds and then it would speed up again.

I'm currently using homeplugs.

Would debug logs show up anything?

EMJB
18-09-17, 08:18
@ccs

I included in my first post the only bits of the debug log that seemed relevant.

Eventually I did get past the error message reported above - when it was recording but that may be a complete red herring. However the Samba feature still didn't work (perhaps due to the delays you have seen), so I gave up and moved on to 5.0.027 which has given me no such problems so far. However will look out for the delays you reported - I think I would have noticed but can't be sure.

EMJB

ccs
18-09-17, 12:21
I've just tried it again with Ethernet but no homeplugs and it still happens.

There is absolutely nothing in the debug logs, I can tell because pc time and ViX time are in sync.

The only thing I've noticed is that it tends to happen when a new windows file explorer is started (usually after I've stopped directory accesses for about 30 seconds, but it did happen once straight away).

The delay can last for over a minute, but afterwards it doesn't seem to happen again (I can't be absolutely certain).

Maybe some timeout threshold is increased after it first happens?

ccs
18-09-17, 15:27
I've tried to add debug logs to samba, but the timeouts are so bad when moving around directories, copying files and editing them that I've had to give up.

SpaceRat
21-09-17, 19:57
Are you accessing the "Root" or the "Harddisk" share?

If "Harddisk": Do you usually send it to sleep?
If so, maybe the Harddisk is slow when waking up.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

ccs
21-09-17, 21:20
I only tested it using root.

As it was raining today, I had another go. First I updated to 5.0.027, and then for about 10 minutes I couldn't get it to go wrong.

But when it starts going wrong, like I said before, it makes trying out different things almost impossible.

I tried adding debug logs to samba, but they were never updated.

I put the lines

log file = /media/hdd/samba.log
log level = 3 all:3

into /etc/samba/smb.conf

Nothing was written, but an empty log file was created. I'm only guessing that debugging might even be possible anyway.

SpaceRat
21-09-17, 21:23
Most debugging has been removed from the binaries due to space considerations.

Could you please try
1. A current OpenATV 6.0
2. A current OpenATV 6.1
and see if the same problem exists in either or both of them?

The benefit of testing OpenATV 6.0 against OpenATV 6.1 is that they use two different versions of Samba: 3.6.25 (same as in OpenViX 5.0.x) in OpenATV 6.0 and 4.4.15 in OpenATV 6.1

ccs
21-09-17, 21:28
Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow, weather permitting. :)

ccs
22-09-17, 10:37
Ok, I'm still seeing exactly the same problems with both OpenATV 6.0 and OpenATV 6.1

ccs
22-09-17, 11:09
Right, I'm not sure whether this is progress or not.

I haven't (yet) been able to reproduce the problem if my pc is connected to the router using Ethernet (homeplugs) rather than wifi.

Both pc Ethernet and wifi have the same transfer rate of about 10MB/s and I don't recall seeing any problems with similar delays using my pc to access anything else.

SpaceRat
22-09-17, 13:59
I'm operating 4 boxes using that Samba 4.4.15 at my home, running the same Samba 3.6.25 before, all without problems.
I fear you got other connectivity issues between your PC and that box.

ccs
22-09-17, 14:08
I'm just trying to update my pc wan drivers at this very moment.

SpaceRat
22-09-17, 14:14
WiFi suxx, dLAN ("Homeplug" as you call it) suxx.
Only wired (Gigabit) Ethernet is truth.

ccs
22-09-17, 17:04
I'm just trying to update my pc wlan drivers at this very moment.

I updated the wlan drivers using windows device manager, and for a long time everything was ok, but eventually it did "timeout".

I then updated the wlan drivers from the intel website, and they were at least a year more up to date.:confused:

These seem much better, but I've still seen one " timeout".