PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] No audio resuming from stand-by

jasmin27
14-09-17, 10:02
Not such a big problem but annoying: Press stand-by while watching a recorded movie, STB goes is stand-by.
Press stand-by again: movie has continued playing and no sound. Stop movie, restart user interface and everything is OK.
I noticed this since a long time, but pressing "stop" before "stand-by" prevents the problem. Now children in the house and guess - they press just "stand-by" and leave...
Have this problem on VU+ Ultimo, Zero and Duo2

twol
14-09-17, 11:51
Well I guess its called children training or no TV if they don't learn:)
You could perhaps use button setup. In button setup, press power button and delete standby from the actions... of course then you have to set another key (perhaps the movie "Play" button ... just joking!) to Standby.... and don't tell the children.

jasmin27
14-09-17, 12:26
I have experienced this problem long before the kids entered and just wrote this thread to improve an excellent Openvix to make it even better... Sorry for that

twol
14-09-17, 15:42
I have experienced this problem long before the kids entered and just wrote this thread to improve an excellent Openvix to make it even better... Sorry for that

No need to be sorry, guess I was in a joking mood - wasn't trying to criticise. But seriously, you either need to stop everything before going into Standby or change the defaults when you press the power button eg Deep Standby will stop everything .

judge
14-09-17, 17:38
It's a long time VU driver bug. Best to contact them.

Andy_Hazza
14-09-17, 18:47
I've never encountered such problems on my Vu+ receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrupples
14-09-17, 19:16
it happens on my duo 2 when I do a gui restart, but ok on a full restart.

Bangord30
14-09-17, 19:33
Happened on all my boxes at various times I'm sure.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

spanner123
14-09-17, 21:40
Just tried this on my Solo2 and sound does disappear just as Jasmin27 says!

Fuzzy
14-09-17, 23:00
Just press mute twice, that'll bring your audio back :)

scrupples
18-09-17, 07:02
Just press mute twice, that'll bring your audio back :)

doesnt work here, still needs a full restart.

Fuzzy
18-09-17, 11:43
If I go into standby whilst playing a recording on my duo2, I will have no audio when I bring it out of standby, but a quick mute/unmute always fixes it. Yours must be a different issue.

jasmin27
19-09-17, 01:22
Indeed! Mute/unmute fixes it for me also! (on Ultimo & Zero) - Better than a restart :)