PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Crash i=on zap and record timer

adm
13-09-17, 13:18
When setting a timer to zap channel (change channel just before a program starts) the box reboots at the point when the timer kicks in to change the channel

When setting a timer to zap AND record the box reboots when the timer kicks in. The box then gets to the second splash screen on the reboot, generates the error screen and then continues in a loop - rebooting - error - rebooting - error. A error log is generated each time.

Log attached

[edit] No problems seen with timers set just to record.

Bangord30
13-09-17, 13:25
Updated to .27? I had the same on .26 and got a fix from Abu

abu baniaz
13-09-17, 14:09
Please update to 027 by command line if you are in a bootloop.

If not in bootloop, normal online update is fine

adm
13-09-17, 15:27
Please update to 027 by command line if you are in a bootloop.

If not in bootloop, normal online update is fine

I found the previous thread and waited until after the timer program was due to finish - the box then booted normally. I will update to V027

I read these forums by only looking at "new posts" and I don't recall ever seeing any of thread where this has been discussed in the past few days. Did the thread ever make the new posts section? While trying to do some DIY work in the garden and it keeps raining I've been looking at the new posts section at least half a dozen times a day whilst waiting to the rain to stop so I'm not sure how I could have missed the discussion.

ccs
13-09-17, 16:59
..... I also keep an eye on all "new posts", and if http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55812-Zap-crash&p=457236#post457236 is the one you're referring to, then I do remember reading it.

adm
14-09-17, 08:48
..... I also keep an eye on all "new posts", and if http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55812-Zap-crash&p=457236#post457236 is the one you're referring to, then I do remember reading it.

Me not seeing it was probably a problem at my end. I installed a version of Firefox that wouldn't close down when quitting and the warning messages on re-starting were becoming annoying. After an extensive search on the web the general consensus of opinion was to uninstall and then reinstall, after saving some profile data. This didn't work. The uninstall left a lot of configuration files on the hard disk which the install picked up. In the end I uninstalled, found the many Firefox files on the disk and deleted them and then removed Firefox references in the registry. I then reinstalled and set it up again from scratch. This meant I lost all history, cookies etc. I assume that cookies are used to track when someone last visited the site in order to identify new unread posts.