PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] IPTV consistently freezing - comes back if channel changed

RogerTheTodger
11-09-17, 23:19
When I'm watching IPTV channels I've noticed the picture will freeze after about 30 to 60 minutes. The channel being watched freezes and doesn't come back unless I change channel and back again. The stream will then work flawlessly again for a similar period of time. The box itself doesn't seem to crash and there are no crash logs present. The fact that the stream is still there and works right away when I flick channels leads me to believe this could be a bug rather than loss of network connectivity. My IPTV service uses the Vivid plugin and I've experienced this issue on both Vix images V5.0.0.25 and .26. The upgrade to v5.25 was a clean flash. Any ideas?

Andy_Hazza
12-09-17, 04:08
Change all your IPTV channels from stream type (4097) which by default is set to IPTV and change to DVB. You will need to use a program called E-Channelizer on your computer (Windows).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogerTheTodger
12-09-17, 19:32
Thanks Andy, curious to know what the thinking is behind changing the stream type to DVB?

Andy_Hazza
12-09-17, 19:44
Thanks Andy, curious to know what the thinking is behind changing the stream type to DVB?

Stops the freezing and any audio sync issues.

RogerTheTodger
12-09-17, 23:13
Gave E-Channelizer a whirl and turns out all my streams are already set to DVB. Must be something else going on.

RogerTheTodger
23-09-17, 21:01
Still experiencing this :confused: I've tried different images, routers, settings and nothing will shift it. The box is wired ethernet to 39Mbps fibre and the Internet otherwise works fine when it happens, speed test good. I doubt it's the provider because the stream is still there if you zap channels. And my box has plenty of cache, not running slow or anything. It's as though it briefly loses the stream, but can't automatically reconnect again for some reason. Anyone else seen this?

Andy_Hazza
24-09-17, 09:00
Still experiencing this :confused: I've tried different images, routers, settings and nothing will shift it. The box is wired ethernet to 39Mbps fibre and the Internet otherwise works fine when it happens, speed test good. I doubt it's the provider because the stream is still there if you zap channels. And my box has plenty of cache, not running slow or anything. It's as though it briefly loses the stream, but can't automatically reconnect again for some reason. Anyone else seen this?

Sounds like a poor supplier to me.

JohnNW
27-09-17, 20:50
Seems to be a common problem. Several friends suffer from the same thing with different STBs and different suppliers. Nothing wrong with the supplier and I have a 10Mbit connection over fibre (can't get any faster here yet). The speed is constant. Checking with the router (Linksys WRT 1900 ACS), the IPTV stream is using approx 1Mbit/s - a bit more for HD. The streams are set to DVB.
One thing that may throw a light on the problem is that whilst watching IPTV channels, if I disconnect the OS Mini box from the internet, the program carries on for approx. 20 seconds before freezing. This suggests a buffering problem in the STB, but no idea how to fix this or why it's happening.
Another clue is that when the box freezes and I change channel and back, it often restarts approx 2 seconds before the freeze event.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Thanks,

John.

roy0110
28-09-17, 05:18
you could try using the cacheflush plugin, available in the feeds.
it does sound like a saturated server problem though.
and 10mbs is quite slow for iptv streaming, especially HD streams.
try using a different device/s if the problem is replicated it will point to, or rule out server/network issues.

twol
28-09-17, 06:23
What never fails to amaze me, is the „my source is perfect or I haven‘t changed anything and it works on my other/friends box“ - its never that simple.
These are sat receivers, not IPTV based receivers. It may only be a glitch in the send from your „perfect“ supplier or even in a glitch on the internet or your local broadband supplier legally blocking your stream ... but if their is a delay then the E2 code just may not be able to re-sync.
Which is why restarting the stream is OK.
Saturated server? .... these receivers handle quite happily playing local video files with higher rate streams.

gibbletts
28-09-17, 10:34
Kind of agree these "suppliers" are criminals at the end of the day and don't have the bandwidth of legitimate companies. I've commented in the past how it seems ok to talk about Iptv yet cardsharing talk was always no go in the past, how times have changed.

daz450
28-09-17, 23:44
Use a VPN !!!

Andy_Hazza
29-09-17, 06:18
Kind of agree these "suppliers" are criminals at the end of the day and don't have the bandwidth of legitimate companies. I've commented in the past how it seems ok to talk about Iptv yet cardsharing talk was always no go in the past, how times have changed.

It will only be a matter of time before its introduced into the forum rules. [emoji4]

RogerTheTodger
08-10-17, 20:57
I've been playing with the serviceapp plugin, as exteplayer3 is supposedly better for IPTV playback. Although exteplayer3 didn't solve the issue in my case, I did come across this (https://forums.openpli.org/topic/41198-serviceapp-gstplayer-and-exteplayer3/) interesting discussion on another forum. Somebody has posted code that supposedly fixes the freezing issue, something to do with a stalled InfoBarStateInfos. The patch is located here. (http://git.opendreambox.org/?p=opendreambox.git;a=summary). I believe this applies to OpenDreambox images, but I'd imagine the code would be similar for OpenVix since they are both for Enigma2 boxes? Can anybody confirm?

Blu-ray
08-10-17, 21:07
I've been playing with the serviceapp plugin, as exteplayer3 is supposedly better for IPTV playback. Although exteplayer3 didn't solve the issue in my case, I did come across this (https://forums.openpli.org/topic/41198-serviceapp-gstplayer-and-exteplayer3/) interesting discussion on another forum. Somebody has posted code that supposedly fixes the freezing issue, something to do with a stalled InfoBarStateInfos. The patch is located here. (http://git.opendreambox.org/?p=opendreambox.git;a=summary). I believe this applies to OpenDreambox images, but I'd imagine the code would be similar for OpenVix since they are both for Enigma2 boxes? Can anybody confirm?
Please try another image the Vix image is not compatible with your supplier, use Wooshbuild or iPab if you go to your Band/Admin they will tell you the same don’t waste your time trying to get Vix image to run smooth with iptv as it was designed for satellite.

RogerTheTodger
08-10-17, 21:14
Please try another image the Vix image is not compatible with your supplier, use Wooshbuild or iPab if you go to your Band/Admin they will tell you the same don’t waste your time trying to get Vix image to run smooth with iptv as it was designed for satellite.

Apart from the random freeze, it works pretty damn well. Seems a shame to give up on Vix when it's so close to perfection :)

dsayers
08-10-17, 21:17
IPTV works fine for me on Vix just that OpenATV is more user friendly for time-shift and recording if your IPTV allows recording.

Blu-ray
08-10-17, 21:21
Apart from the random freeze, it works pretty damn well. Seems a shame to give up on Vix when it's so close to perfection :)

You don’t buy a Rolls Royce and take it to a Ford dealership when it goes wrong. You are asking for help on the wrong forum as i said Band/Admin and ask for help.

1554leslie
08-10-17, 21:48
It will only be a matter of time before its introduced into the forum rules. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCan not see how iptv talk will be band as forum sponsor sells iptv boxes and people need help with those

RogerTheTodger
08-10-17, 22:43
IPTV works fine for me on Vix just that OpenATV is more user friendly for time-shift and recording if your IPTV allows recording.

Glitch is still present for me with OpenATV and OpenPLI. Can't find any other images that support my box to try.

Blu-ray
08-10-17, 22:45
Can not see how iptv talk will be band as forum sponsor sells iptv boxes and people need help with those

If you are lucky enough to get a good iptv supplier you will find more help from them then asking for help on a satellite forum. Just because WOS sells iptv ready box’s does not mean the forum they sponsor are obliged to help you with your iptv problems.

ronand
09-10-17, 07:47
Supplier? If they were legit you might get help.

RogerTheTodger
09-10-17, 08:19
Already tried supplier, and although my box is supported, this seems to be a well known issue with Enigma2 boxes, not a lot the supplier can do about it other than to suggest trying another box. I've considered buying a MagBox, but as I said earlier, it would be a shame to bin the ET8000 as it otherwise functions perfectly. I'm only asking here because it would appear to be a glitch with the code, for which somebody has apparently found a fix, see my earlier post.

silverblack
09-10-17, 17:03
I've never got IPTV to timeshift but recording works well most of the time.
All to down to how stable the stream is ,only needs a lengthy freeze for it to corrupt the recording.

Alec
10-10-17, 19:50
Can not see how iptv talk will be band as forum sponsor sells iptv boxes and people need help with those

Well Amazon also sell them, but you could not ask them these questions.

spanner123
09-09-18, 15:39
Sorry to resurrect this thread but having used IPTV for a while now these are my observations; With a good stream there is absolutely no problems and never any freezing. Free streams that end with .ts always freeze after 1 or 2 minutes. They will also freeze using VLC player on laptop unless you click the 'loop' button. So openvix needs something like this to automatically reselect the stream if it freezes.

Streams will also freeze if there is a glitch in the original stream i.e if streaming and old recording from vhs tape where the signal might break up. So openvix needs to detect when stream is lost and simply reconnect the same as when you quickly change channels and go back and the stream starts again instantly. Would this be possible?

I should add free .ts file will always freeze and m3u or m3u8 files will freeze only if there is a major glitch.

tred6666
18-09-18, 14:15
Sorry to resurrect this thread but having used IPTV for a while now these are my observations; With a good stream there is absolutely no problems and never any freezing. Free streams that end with .ts always freeze after 1 or 2 minutes. They will also freeze using VLC player on laptop unless you click the 'loop' button. So openvix needs something like this to automatically reselect the stream if it freezes.

Streams will also freeze if there is a glitch in the original stream i.e if streaming and old recording from vhs tape where the signal might break up. So openvix needs to detect when stream is lost and simply reconnect the same as when you quickly change channels and go back and the stream starts again instantly. Would this be possible?

I should add free .ts file will always freeze and m3u or m3u8 files will freeze only if there is a major glitch.

Mine always freezes but might take a couple of hours or 10 mins. Do you know if there is any box that will reconnect after the stream is loss without having to change channels. Mag, Dreamlink etc?

spanner123
18-09-18, 16:12
Mine always freezes but might take a couple of hours or 10 mins. Do you know if there is any box that will reconnect after the stream is loss without having to change channels. Mag, Dreamlink etc?

No sorry I don't. But the strange thing is when I had an IPTV sub for a short while there was no freezing (that needed a quick channel change) and that was using .ts streams!

lincsat
22-09-18, 12:35

You can in many cases change the stream type yourself. When downloading channel lists from a XC server, change the output=ts to output=m3u8

The streams may not play with the standard (type 1) player but should be OK with the GST (Type 4097) or EXT-3 Eplayer (Type 5002)

spanner123
22-09-18, 13:17
You can in many cases change the stream type yourself. When downloading channel lists from a XC server, change the output=ts to output=m3u8

The streams may not play with the standard (type 1) player but should be OK with the GST (Type 4097) or EXT-3 Eplayer (Type 5002)

Thank you but I have tried changing to both type 1 & type 4097 and it doesn't make any difference to the freezing. 4097 is good for recording and type 1 is good for using stream in picture-in-picture.
Will maybe give 5002 a go and see if that helps.

lincsat
22-09-18, 19:35
Thank you but I have tried changing to both type 1 & type 4097 and it doesn't make any difference to the freezing. 4097 is good for recording and type 1 is good for using stream in picture-in-picture.
Will maybe give 5002 a go and see if that helps.

It's unlikely that changing stream type will make any difference to freezing, I understand that you can add some buffering to type 4097 but no idea if it can work.

I was telling you how to change from .ts to .m3u8 as you seemed to think that had less freezing

twol
22-09-18, 20:50
Freezing is in my limited experience down to the providers‘ servers, blocking and the fact that E2 receivers are not built for IPTV stream recovery.... expecting anything else from an E2 receiver is being over optimistic.
There are other devices that will handle IPTV better ....... but still depend on the providers servers delivering consistent streams.

spanner123
23-09-18, 10:58
It's unlikely that changing stream type will make any difference to freezing, I understand that you can add some buffering to type 4097 but no idea if it can work.

I was telling you how to change from .ts to .m3u8 as you seemed to think that had less freezing

I'm pretty sure I've tried changing the .ts at the end of the url to m3u8 but then the stream does not work?