PDA

View Full Version : next VIX release?

judge
20-01-11, 23:13
just want to say, I flashed my VU+ solo again today with the official 5.5 image & figured out how to get the unreleased VIX image/software on it...
All movies that wouldn't play on VIX 1.1 are playing 95% better now.
If you guys need a tester, feel free to shout.

silverfox0786
21-01-11, 02:15
what do you mean unreleased vix iamge/software

the only image that vix has at this present moment in time that is supported and oficailly endorsed by the team is VIX 1.3 for the DUO and VIX 1.1 for the SOLO
so which image do you talk of can you clarify

If you mean you have patched the feeds from the VIX image to the Official image then any bricking or corruption to the box may viod waranty and the VIX team will also kindly advse you not to continue this as its not supported

The VIX team are aware of the new drivers implimented in the new 5.5 imae and this will all be implimented as and when a new image is made and released

Thanks for the beta offer but it is a purly invite only stage which is only chosen by the forum admins

judge
21-01-11, 14:17
what I meant was the vix vuplus-5.5 software running on my VU solo box flashed with the official 5.5 image.
I know it's not supported & I'm doing so at my own risk, however the VIX1.1 image is no good to me as the family can't watch so many movies on the box.
Under this set-up, we are all happy.

Mr. Mister
21-01-11, 15:28
Why would you not be able to watch some movies.. ???

I have the VIX 1.1 on my solo and its working great and always has done..

judge
21-01-11, 15:36
a lot of avi movies on my external harddrive just wouldn't play or the sound was borked using VIX 1.1, not a VIX issue, more a 5.4 issue.
The official 5.5 image fixed this issue.

Sicilian
21-01-11, 15:46
The next release will have these media player fixes in it.

Larry-G
21-01-11, 15:55
personally i cant see what all the fuss is about. i know i didnt buy my satellite receiver so that i could watch avi's through it. i bought it to watch satellite tv. but hey maybe i'm just weird and the odd one out.

pooface
21-01-11, 16:12
personally i cant see what all the fuss is about. i know i didnt buy my satellite receiver so that i could watch avi's through it. i bought it to watch satellite tv. but hey maybe i'm just weird and the odd one out.

I think what a lot of people want, is an all in one box...

Larry-G
21-01-11, 16:14
I think what a lot of people want, is an all in one box...

I think people want far too much for the price there willing to pay.

Mr. Mister
21-01-11, 16:34
You go to the cost and expence and buying an HD box.. to watch tv in crystal clear pictures..

then you want to watch avi on your box.. ???

Now.. I know i am Irish.. but to me.. i think some English people are more Irish than i am.. lmao

Larry-G
21-01-11, 17:48
Could not have said it better.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk while freezing my nuts off in a field with my shotgun

jusaju
21-01-11, 18:07
Hi
Vu boxes are in top of receivers.In the world of sats.

And if you want all-in-one-box-without-hassle then the choice is azbox.

It will be ready soon... 2026 wednesday, estimated delivery time...or later.

pooface
21-01-11, 21:41
You go to the cost and expence and buying an HD box.. to watch tv in crystal clear pictures..

then you want to watch avi on your box.. ???

Now.. I know i am Irish.. but to me.. i think some English people are more Irish than i am.. lmao

No, it's usually that they're scottish ;)

judge
21-01-11, 22:31
No, it's usually that they're scottish ;)

Actually, I'm Irish too...
Absolutely love the HD quality on this box but telling the kids they can't watch their avi movies is a no go, so now I have the best of both worlds...

apostrof
04-02-11, 12:41
Can anyone give an update about the progress on new release, expected delivery date ?
thanks

bassethound
04-02-11, 12:48
were are still testing at the moment and will be released when its ready :p

it will be worth the wait ;)

Larry-G
04-02-11, 12:55
Can anyone give an update about the progress on new release, expected delivery date ?
thanks

as a rule of thumb release dates are not given. mainly because things have to be tested before release into the wild and if you do give a expected release date and that date is not met. you get a whole world of grief from people complaining.

dont worry when its ready it will be released and not until.

pooface
04-02-11, 14:19
thanks

Expected release date is 15/13/2051 @ 25:11 hours

If it arrives earlier than that, then please say thank you ;)

hummer66
04-02-11, 14:43
Expected release date is 15/13/2051 @ 25:11 hours

Dam im on holiday that week :cool:

pooface
04-02-11, 15:51
Dam im on holiday that week :cool:

Where you going, permanent vacation ;) :p :roflmao:

Rat
04-02-11, 16:56
People want what the box is advertised to do :) thats the main concerns that TM800 owners have

if its advertised to do something then it should work, regardless if you will use the feature or not, in my opinion :)

Larry-G
04-02-11, 16:58
People want what the box is advertised to do :) thats the main concerns that TM800 owners have

if its advertised to do something then it should work, regardless if you will use the feature or not, in my opinion :)

the VU does a lot more rite out of the box with it's original image than almost any other linux based satellite receiver i can think of.

pooface
04-02-11, 17:00

??? :confused: what this got to do with the vix image?

Rat
04-02-11, 17:03
I dont doubt that for one minute pheonix, from what Ive read and the screens Ive seen it looks fantastic and Im no way putting the box down

but you said (below) so I was just expressing a box ( no matter what make) should do what its advertised to do

:)

Larry-G
04-02-11, 17:05
I dont doubt that for one minute pheonix, from what Ive read and the screens Ive seen it looks fantastic and Im no way putting the box down

but you said (below) so I was just expressing a box ( no matter what make) should do what its advertised to do

:)

lol you should have quoted that passage first then thus removing the confusion your post created.

Sicilian
04-02-11, 17:12
Rat, as far as i'm concerned the Duo and Solo do exactly what it says on the tin, and you can use it as a HD satellite receiver :p

Rat
04-02-11, 17:12
your probably right lol I didn't look at the dates tbh and thought the post was more recent :confused: