PDA

View Full Version : Decisions decisions?

Arequipi1
02-09-17, 17:12
Sorry if I am starting this Thread in the wrong place, Im new to this forum:(

I am looking for some advice on buying a new receiver for home.
Currently I have an inherited DVB-s tuner connected to hispasat 30w. what I would like to do is purchase a receiver which will allow me to connect both my Hispasat 30w and my current VM connection.
Looking in WOS I've found these 2 receivers 1, Mutant HD51. 2, TM Twin 4K Triple. or any others that people would recommend.

any advice would be extremely welcome.

I don't record much but If I was to record it would probably be from the cable tuner.
Also being a complete novice would my existing cam info be compatible with these receivers.

Many thanks.

Andy_Hazza
02-09-17, 18:09
I don't record much but If I was to record it would probably be from the cable tuner.
Also being a complete novice would my existing cam info be compatible with these receivers.

Firstly, welcome aboard.
With any new 4K receivers, you can only use Oscam. Cccam, Mgcamd etc are not compatible, so if you are not familiar with Oscam its a big steep learning curve.

Do you have a particular budget in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arequipi1
02-09-17, 22:25
Firstly, welcome aboard.
With any new 4K receivers, you can only use Oscam. Cccam, Mgcamd etc are not compatible, so if you are not familiar with Oscam its a big steep learning curve.

Do you have a particular budget in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Andy-Hazza

Thanks for taking time to assist me with this.

My budget is between £200 and £250

I was hoping that someone had some tutorials that I could read failing that I have a mate at work that knows how to write code hopefully he we be able to give me a hand.
As mentioned in my previous post, I was looking for something that will support my existing Hispasat 30W and my VM cable connection.

abu baniaz
02-09-17, 22:37
All the receivers work more or less the same.

The advantage of the TM Twin 4K is that it comes in a twin cable and single sat variety. Most other receivers are geared to mainly sat and single cable.

Arequipi1
03-09-17, 09:17
Hi Abu
Thanks for replying.
So out of the receivers in my price range, would you say that the TM-Twin 4K Triple was the one to go for?

Arequipi1
03-09-17, 09:50
Sorry, one other question.
Do I need to check if my current Hispasat 30w connection supports Oscam?

Huevos
05-09-17, 15:29
Do you have a valid subscription card for your Hispasat provider?

Arequipi1
06-09-17, 10:40
negative, :sofahide: my old receiver came pre configured!

Huevos
06-09-17, 16:03
Oscam supports most providers, but we only discuss local cards here. Anything else is against the forum rules.

Arequipi1
07-09-17, 09:09
I understand, thanks for all your help.

Arequipi1
07-09-17, 09:14
Just a Quick update, I went with TM 4K Triple in end, I have lots of learning to do, but I think the challenge will be fun.
No Pain No Gain.

Thank to all that helped.:):)