PDA

View Full Version : HDD Boots up when I change channel

dnme
20-01-11, 21:11
I've just reflashed to VIX 1.3. I notice that the HDD wakes up if I change channels or use epg. I see hte VIX activity logo on the top right of screen, I have to wait a few seconds until the disk is awake. Why is this? How do I prevent it?

dnme
20-01-11, 21:14
Aha, to answer my own question, I had moved picon folder to HDD as it did not work properly with epg as stated in earlier posts. I'll delete the picon folder from HDD and do without.

sale22
21-01-11, 01:26
Why not ad you picons folder to a USB flash drive and just plug it in at the back of the receiver as I did, it works flawlessly.

dnme
21-01-11, 03:54
Yea, thanks sale22, I'll do without cos IMO a lot of the picons look awful, they have a massive bevel which makes them look like they came from the win3.1 era. Less is more.

Larry-G
21-01-11, 13:25
Yea, thanks sale22, I'll do without cos IMO a lot of the picons look awful, they have a massive bevel which makes them look like they came from the win3.1 era. Less is more.

That depends on where you source your picons, those used by silver are spot on.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

MalteseMick
21-01-11, 13:43
I have my VU on perma-timeshift so that it's basically always on and it's silent enough where I can't hear it so no issue there.