PDA

View Full Version : Mutant HD51 Wifi USB Adaptor (dongle) query

Delboy181251
30-08-17, 14:11
Currently I have an Xtrend ET8500 working really well in one room wired directly into my modem.
I am considering purchasing a Mutant HD51 for an upstairs room but would have to connect it wirelessly. I have other devices in that room which wirelessly achieve speeds of up to 25Mbps, but these have WiFi built into them (no need for a USB dongle). So when using the Mutant HD51 with a WiFi dongle I would expect there not to be a problem.
However, as I have never used a dongle before, my question is this:-
When I connect a dongle to the USB port of the Mutant, will the Mutant ask for my router code or will it just work from the box as soon as the dongle is fitted?
Please advise.

jawz
30-08-17, 14:33
after enabling the device, you would need to scan for your network. Then enter your encryption level of your network an the password. Green button to save.

Delboy181251
05-09-17, 15:41
Hi Jawz,
Sorry for the delay in responding to your solution.
Many thanks for the info.
:beer_toast:

jawz
05-09-17, 20:34
no problem, if you need more info when you get your other receiver feel free to ask

mrxbox360
06-09-17, 16:22
i use home plugs on mine as my hd51 is upstairs & my router is downstairs it works flawless.

Dropkick Murphy
05-12-17, 11:17
Hi,

I personally gave up with the §$%&/() USB-WiFi Stuff. Depending on the chipset, they stopped working after bout 30 min or are no more activated after reboot.
I use http://de.farnell.com/tp-link/tl-wr702n/wireless-router-nano-150mbps-usb/dp/2504785 in client mode, connectod to LAN port.
See if you get one cheap at ebay or so.
Absolut no hassle with driver, firmware n stuff. Just running flawlessly...

HTH

My LAN-Printer learned to be wireless, too ;)

Alankellyeire
05-12-17, 16:27
id go with home plugs if i was you its a far better option than the wifi bridge others have recommended to you

Andy_Hazza
05-12-17, 18:19
Hardwired ethernet is far superior to any wifi or homeplugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk