PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Issue's with new VU+ duo

Ev0
20-01-11, 20:47
Ok this board seems the most active with discussion about the vu+ so I guess I should post these issue's in here in the hope that someone knows how to sort them out :)

I am currently using Blackhole 1.4.2b image, with HD Glass 14 skin as it's the most stable of the ones I have tried so far and I like the look of this skin, however as above I do have a couple of issue's that I need help with.

Ok here goes:

1) On Eutelsat 15.8°E the infobar doesn't give the sat name, it just says Unsupported Sat 158, does anyone know what file I need to edit so that it displays the sat name ??

2) The box was working 100% stable and reliabe for the last 4 / 5 days however today it has started to freeze when changing channels (brings up the spinner in the corner and is thinking for between 30 seconds and 1 minute before it sorts itself out).

3) I have set a swap file, and it's showing as activated, however in the info panel the box is showing 95% ram used, and 0% of the swap file, how can I manually active the swapfile to free up some of the ram ?

4) I have setup VLC player so I can stream my films from PC to the VU+ and it's all working, except that after a few mins, VLC crashes on the pc (not sure if this is the right forum to post this issue up on, but it can't do any harm), does anyone know why VLC crashes on my PC when streaming to the box ?

Thanks in advance :)

Donnie
20-01-11, 20:55
The first thing I would say is switch skins back to default and see if that helps.
Next no need to use vlc to stream from pc - VU just set up cifs share and it will be freeze free.
95% ram used is normal just ignore it.
Are you sure the swap is set up OK ? did you map your devices ?

Ev0
20-01-11, 21:17
The first thing I would say is switch skins back to default and see if that helps.
Next no need to use vlc to stream from pc - VU just set up cifs share and it will be freeze free.
95% ram used is normal just ignore it.
Are you sure the swap is set up OK ? did you map your devices ?

I've been using the HD Glass 14 skin for the last 4/5 days without any issue's it's just today that the random freeze / long thinking time is happening.

I will look into cifs share :)

Yes the swap file is setup fine, and the hdd and usb devices are mapped and working fine (picon's on usb and epg).

When I look on the usb the swapfile is there.

pooface
20-01-11, 21:39
Tried restarting the box?

Ev0
20-01-11, 22:03
Tried restarting the box?

Yes with a telnet command, using the remote and also switching it off on the back of the box.