PDA

View Full Version : Commando v14.2 Neutrino for the Dreambox 500s

renwich
20-01-11, 20:46
Commando v14.2 Neutrino for the Dreambox 500s

released on here as this is one of the best support forums on the tinterweb and supports developers

Change log

Filenaming bug in CCcam support fixed

OSCcam support added and tested

Satsearching's new Keybinding Menu in Settings!! Visible by default now, this has the facility to remap the Volume Keys!!
important: If you decide to remap these keys, you MUST first disable the existing Subservices Up and Subservices Down Keys, by assigning both of these to Key = None

... Then set up your Volume -/+ keys as you want them, and finally the Subservices keys. You'll be using the L/R keys either side of the [OK] button, and the L/R keys either side of the [0] button, as per your own preferences. Mega-thanks to Satsearching for his brilliant work on this!

Another tidy-up in the locals, where we've changed menue to menu and canal to channel and stuff like that.

Big thanks to LraiZer for testing and reporting back on all our foul-ups, which have all been rectified for this new release.

Commando v14

Now with Usals and Rytec 2 day EPG

compiled from the UKCVS svn which includes fixes to the following

Scan Defaults to 28.2e, if you select another Sat it will save that as the last sat
Compatible driver for clones and Genuine DM500's

This image does not include any Cable support as cable is dead, but does fully support most of the normal Satellite requirements

as usual NO CAMS, KEYS, ROMS ,

all us neutrino users need now is for LraiZer to tweak the binary so it recognizes 256c png Picons).

With Thanks to LraiZer, PaphosAL, Satsearching, Scruff.

and to the Tuxbox boys for the work they have put into porting Neutrino to this fun box, (shame they seem to not continue development, or answer questions anymore)

THE PASSWORD is commando

pop CCcam into /var/bim/emu. select blue > extras menu > softcam menu, from there you can start the cam

( needs to be named "CCcam" )

New in Commando v14:

USALS (GOTO XX) diseqc support- thanks to Lraizer and Satsearching
Rytec 2 Day XML EPG - thanks to Lraizer
FastZap On-Off control in Driver/Boot Options
New head.ko Driver - thanks to LraiZer (support for alternative user driver to be loaded from /var/driver)
Softcam Status in softcam menu- again thanks to LraiZer
New boot logo - thanks to Satsearching
And, by popular demand, a retro blast from the past (2007 C9) is back. See if you notice it...
Top-secret Password is still commando
As usual- FTA Only - no keys nor cams. It's a rulez thing

AutoFS (CIFS mount tested) - Streaming - Tuxbox Commander - yWeb I/F - Lemmings - Pacman - Solitaire - Tetris - Vierg (Connect 4) - boot logo - Rytec 2 Day EPG with shellexec GUI - all this and more in C14!!

Despite the old Git's fetish with Free Space, we've enriched the new image with all these features, but have STILL maintained our world-beating 4.125MB megaMaxVar writeable JFFS2 var partition. So a typical user-customized C14 will provide something in the region of 3.3MB of Free Space!!

Anyone wishing to edit the SquashFS root partition with LraiZer's excellent Squazma Tools be warned: Your edited root must NOT exceed 2.752,512 bytes (0x2A0000h) in size!!

Download here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5771-Commando-v14.2-Neutrino-for-the-Dreambox-500s&p=44266#post44266)

Sicilian
20-01-11, 21:51
mmm, oscam support added, nice guys :) Got to give this a shot :)

PAUL7331
20-01-11, 22:44
Couldnt get the cam to install properley! ANy ideas? Step by step guide to install ccam 2.21 on to this image?

Fekker
20-01-11, 23:23
Thanks, gonna give this a whirl.

renwich
20-01-11, 23:27
Couldnt get the cam to install properley! ANy ideas? Step by step guide to install ccam 2.21 on to this image?

pop CCcam into /var/bim/emu. select blue > extras menu > softcam menu, from there you can start the cam

( needs to be named "CCcam" )

N

put the cam in as stated, put your CCcam.cfg in /var/etc

silverfox0786
21-01-11, 01:00
will instal this in the mornign guys thanks

irishchris
21-01-11, 01:10
ya thanks for this guys - will add it to my brothers box in morn. good to see 2 day rytec epg :)

Stanman
21-01-11, 11:48
How about one for the 7020?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Larry-G
21-01-11, 13:16
How about one for the 7020?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Although a search before I went shooting last night turned up nothing for the DM7020

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Stanman
21-01-11, 16:31
I've googled it as well and its only the 500, would love more than just now and next EPG. I tried the RYTEC, it works intialy but after first DL it doesnt work again :lol:

LraiZer
21-01-11, 23:49
I tried the RYTEC, it works intialy but after first DL it doesnt work again :lol:

successive epg processing failure is down to box memory limitations during the process of analysing the 15 megabytes of rytec uk data, a reboot is required inbetween epg reprocessing. you will find an option in the blue button online epg menu to auto load epg on startup so all you need to do is reboot when your epg runs out after 2 days.

Sicilian
22-01-11, 18:45
successive epg processing failure is down to box memory limitations during the process of analysing the 15 megabytes of rytec uk data, a reboot is required inbetween epg reprocessing. you will find an option in the blue button online epg menu to auto load epg on startup so all you need to do is reboot when your epg runs out after 2 days.

Thanks for your input LraiZer, great to see you here :)

SatSearching
26-01-11, 18:09
Has anyone tried Usals yet?

SS

Sicilian
26-01-11, 18:11
Has anyone tried Usals yet?

SS

I will be, hopefully gonna try this over the weekend ;)

SatSearching
26-01-11, 21:42
Just if anyone has trouble setting up usals in this image, a rough guide below.

In Service Scan, ensure you have...

Bouqet = Satellite-Bouquet
Diseqc = Diseqc 1.2
Fastscan = on

Then "save settings now"

Next, go into Motor Settings.

Ensure you select Use GotoXX = on
Set your lat and long details

Do NOT select anything else, ie leave all the satellites lower down to off

Then select "save settings now".

Then back in service scan menu, select the satellite you want to scan, but DON'T select "save settings now"

Then select scan at the bottom.

Once the scan is complete, give it a while for the dish to return to the previous location, while this happens the box may appear to freeze, just give it time, ignore messages that say scan failed, it will work, just press OK till you see "Refreshing Channels".

The scan can be a bit clunky, but once all your scanning is complete, zapping around channels on different satellites should work spot on with the dish moving fine via usals!

The usals code for neutrino and DM500 boxes has always been closed source, thanks to LraiZer, we now have it working and it is open on our svn!

SS

SatSearching
03-03-11, 15:50
I've googled it as well and its only the 500, would love more than just now and next EPG. I tried the RYTEC, it works intialy but after first DL it doesnt work again :lol:

Do you mean Commando for the 7020 or rytec epg?

Larry-G
03-03-11, 15:59
he means that there is no commando v14.2 image for the 7020.

SatSearching
03-03-11, 16:02
he means that there is no commando v14.2 image for the 7020.

Well, if some of the 7020 users are prepared to do some testing, then maybe a build could be done. Non of the Commando guys have a 7020 box so they would be working blind.

Sicilian
03-03-11, 16:03
Well, if some of the 7020 users are prepared to do some testing, then maybe a build could be done. Non of the Commando guys have a 7020 box so they would be working blind.

I've got one at home gathering dust if your able to build an image ;)

Larry-G
03-03-11, 16:05

i have a 7020 that i'm more than willing to use as a test.

SatSearching
03-03-11, 16:11
Ok, I'll look into it, if it looks do-able I'll have a chat with Renny, AL and Laz.

Sicilian
03-03-11, 16:33
Ok, I'll look into it, if it looks do-able I'll have a chat with Renny, AL and Laz.

How about SS Enigma for DM7020 ;)

SatSearching
03-03-11, 17:08
Well not looking good on a clean Neutrino build.

ERROR: CramFS part is too big for image (max. allowed 1179648 bytes)

Need some input from 7020 users on that error.

Stanman
04-03-11, 11:00
Am willing to help out on any testing as well.

jfk
16-03-11, 14:40
put the cam in as stated, put your CCcam.cfg in /var/etc

Do i have do dowload CCcam 2.21 anigma 1 version and instal or just create CCcam .cfg file and ftp into ver/etc/xxx ?

Hope this can be explain to me.

thanks