PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] TVGuideGB application by Leshay

leshay
26-08-17, 16:29
Hi

I have finally got round to fixing a few minor bugs in my PC application TVGuideGB which I have been using since I got my GigaBlue Quad Plus.

It isn't anything special, but I would be interested if anyone using an Enigma2/VIX box could give it a try out and see if in fact it will run elsewhere on a different system to mine.

This application doesn't do anyting that you can't do using the PVR remote, but, in my case, I find it to be a handy utility in conjunction with the PVR.

NOTE: the application does NOT alter anything on the box other that add/remove Timers and user selected movie Folders.

Of course, I suggest you scan the ZIP with your virus scanner before trying it out.

EDITED link 18:09 26 Aug
The application can be downloaded HERE (https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AGqWuzBIkTfm8Zw&id=3BDA0C77251F2901%211657&cid=3BDA0C77251F2901)

abu baniaz
26-08-17, 16:45
Fails to load if the readme file is also open.

Hangs when trying to validate IP address. I don't know if this is because my solo 4k is on 192.168.0.XX

leshay
26-08-17, 17:12
Hi
I will need to try and figure out why your attempt failed at the first hurdle. My box IP is 192.168.1.68 - I don't know if your '0' causes an issue - I can't think why it would.

BTW: I have altered a help file in the app and One Drive has seen fit to alter the share link and now I can't edit my post - all attempts to use the old link will now fail.

The new link: HERE (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgEpHyV3DNo7jHlqlrswSJE35vGc)

abu baniaz
26-08-17, 17:14
The editing has a time limit. Just post new link, I'll add/update the link on first post for you.

Might be an idea to add version numbers.

dsayers
26-08-17, 17:30
Just a note on this AVG has added the exe to virus vault and wont release it till checked by AVG Virus Lab

leshay
26-08-17, 17:30
Hi Abu Baniaz

The text for the error seems to suggest you used 192.168.1.68:80 as the IP address?

I have tried various formats and can not get the program to actually crash, it gives the MessageBox indicating a fail to connect but doesn't terminate.

Yes, I should think about adding version number. My allowance on One Drive doesn't let me keep multiple copies so I have to delete the old before adding the new.

leshay
26-08-17, 17:33
Hi dsayers

WOW - well then what can I say - it certainly doesn't contain anything malicious. I suppose it is just being cautious - rightly so.

Maybe they could fix the bugs too while they are at it :)

abu baniaz
26-08-17, 18:11
Hi Abu Baniaz

The text for the error seems to suggest you used 192.168.1.68:80 as the IP address?

I was trying to set 192.168.0.51 as the IP address.

192.168.1.68:80 is the default/example.

adm
26-08-17, 18:41
I too get "fatal error - failed to connect to PVR"
followed by the Get IP window in which I enter 192.168.1.106
On pressing validate the Get Ip window reports "Not responding"
followed by a Microsoft .Net Framwork window
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application....... unable to connect to remote server"

My box can be seen via FTP and Samba

BTW, my virus scanner found no problems with the downloaded file

dsayers
26-08-17, 19:16
I too get "fatal error - failed to connect to PVR"
followed by the Get IP window in which I enter 192.168.1.106
On pressing validate the Get Ip window reports "Not responding"
followed by a Microsoft .Net Framwork window
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application....... unable to connect to remote server"

My box can be seen via FTP and Samba

BTW, my virus scanner found no problems with the downloaded file

After allowing AVG to run it I get same as you and I clicked on details and was given this error

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.68:80
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Bool ean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Objec t xmlResolver)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedSta ck compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at TVGuideGB.Form1.GetBouquets()
at TVGuideGB.GetIP.ValidateIP(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TVGuideGB
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/daves/Desktop/TVGuideGB/TVGuideGB.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.2104.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.2103.2 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I dont know how to enable JIT Debugging but it'll probably a similar error to Abu

adm
26-08-17, 19:24
After allowing AVG to run it I get same as you and I clicked on details and was given this error

[CODE]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

[Snip of a lot of information]

established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.68:80

Possibly this first line states the real problem. The software is still attempting to connect to the default value of 192.168.1.68:80 and not the alternative IPs we are entering in the "get IP" window

leshay
26-08-17, 19:29
Hi all

I am not exactly sure if these changes will help, but, I have tried to authenticate the connection (without any user/password), in a more useful manner.
1st it will check that the entered IP address is actualy a valid IP address - if not will show a message and wait for further input.
2nd If a valid IP address, then it will try and establish a connection and ping the box. If the ping fails, will show a messagebox and wait for further input.

If it gets past that, it should (hopefully) get a bit further :)

Here is a new link (can't edit original post) HERE (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgEpHyV3DNo7jHlqlrswSJE35vGc)

dsayers
26-08-17, 19:39
Hi all

I am not exactly sure if these changes will help, but, I have tried to authenticate the connection (without any user/password), in a more useful manner.
1st it will check that the entered IP address is actualy a valid IP address - if not will show a message and wait for further input.
2nd If a valid IP address, then it will try and establish a connection and ping the box. If the ping fails, will show a messagebox and wait for further input.

Here is a new link (can't edit original post) HERE (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgEpHyV3DNo7jHlqlrswSJE35vGc)

Seems to be working guess ill need to have a play with it as I have accidentally loads of timers lol

Nice work

adm
26-08-17, 19:40
Hi all

Fatal Error "Failed to connect to PVR using 192.168.1.106. You need a valid network IP address to the PVR IP pattern = 192.168.1.68"

It looks like you have maybe embedded the IP address of your box into the software and its rejecting any other IP.

Edit After restarting the software for the second time the IP is accepted and software continues to load

adm
26-08-17, 19:58
On the box I have fully populated EPG but in the TVGuideGB I see fields that say ignore (see attached image)

These are not programs I have timers for nor anything I would have set up in past with, say, an autotimer with an filter to try and avoid repeats.

If I highlight an "IGNORE" field the software correctly identifies the channel, programme name and time and gives the programme description in the window at the bottom of the screen so it seems to know what should be reported in the IGNORE field

Programs with valid timers are (correctly) highlighted in red.

adm
26-08-17, 20:20
The text when you "mouse over" the O, ?, S and F options ALL say 'open logging window' however the function is as documented in the first page help file, albeit if you have a lot of recorded programs the wait can be quite long before the list is displayed.

While using the program I'm getting seemingly random Microsoft exception errors being reported

Is there a delay in saving some information on program shut down? My IP address wasn't being remembered until the 3rd time of opening the program (and checking in the first time set-up menu option)

leshay
26-08-17, 20:25
On the box I have fully populated EPG but in the TVGuideGB I see fields that say ignore (see attached image)

These are not programs I have timers for nor anything I would have set up in past with, say, an autotimer with an filter to try and avoid repeats.
Programs with valid timers are highlighted in red.

Hi

:) :) :) ad infinitum ...........

When I uploaded the newest version, I left the data files that are relevant to my use.

But ......................... at least some are getting further with getting it to run.

The easiest thing is to delete ALL files except the ReadMe.rtf file which wouldn't be recreated by the application. All the other data files will be created as needed.

I will need to try and find a more 'static' way to post the app and other files - maybe Google Sites?

The IGNORE items are indeed from my data files - if you delete the files as above, then hopefully you will only see the valid timers and no other items which are set according to your own tastes. (Ignore, Favs, AT NRAT etc)

I'll need to repost ..... again ..... with a new link ......... again ................ with a blanked out data folder.

The mouse over errors are purely my forgetfulness as I have the 'ToolTips' switched off for my normal use. I will have to edit those (and probably others too).

abu baniaz
26-08-17, 20:27
Connecting to the receiver using V 1.2 Can you consider adding version to zip file?

Good work.

Some comments

Initial setup page could do with widening so you can see bouquets better instead of cut list.
How does one start afresh? ( manually editing files now will be fine)
How does one select a different bouquet?
Will this connect over WAN?

abu baniaz
26-08-17, 20:29
I will need to try and find a more 'static' way to post the app and other files - maybe Google Sites?

GitHub .

leshay
26-08-17, 20:39
Connecting to the receiver using V 1.2 Can you consider adding version to zip file?

Good work.

Some comments

Initial setup page could do with widening so you can see bouquets better instead of cut list.
How does one start afresh? ( manually editing files now will be fine)
How does one select a different bouquet?
Will this connect over WAN?

Hi
Thanks for these points.

I will widen the drop down for bouquets - at least that is a simple bug to fix

Starting afresh - the nearest is via the Options -> SetUp -> Reset all Settings. However, that doesn't delete thenuisance files I mentioned in previous post. I will need to think about that - in some cases it is good to keep some of the data over a Reset.

The Bouquet selection can also be found on that same Options page.

WAN - don't know, I also don't know what such a connection would require. I would hope that if I knew what was needed then I could implement it. (assuming it currently doesn't)

I will implement some sort of version control - if I can.

GITHUB - hmmmm - leaves me worried - I can't see how to use it.

leshay
26-08-17, 21:21
Hi

Changes made:
Initial IP setup window now resizable and Bouquet list widened and follows window width
Changed some of the mouse over hints (probably many others yetto find)

Seems the One Drive link is working after all: I have upped the latest and the link in first post gets it OK.

Still thinking about version control - maybe just add to file name ??? Latest still doesn't have it though.

abu baniaz
26-08-17, 21:28
Working, thanks. Can you make default window size bigger? At moment, you start with some text chopped. Yes I know you can resize.

leshay
26-08-17, 21:39
Working, thanks. Can you make default window size bigger? At moment, you start with some text chopped. Yes I know you can resize.

Hi

Easily done.

Try version 1 - just posted (I also removed the Debug start up which I use and would start the app with a blank IP every start up :-( )

adm
26-08-17, 21:52

+1
On my machine the "Get IP" window is too small and by default the green continue button is completely hidden. A first time user may not understand that to continue the window needs to be re-sized to see the button in order to proceed further. Also, for the first time user/ first use do away with the first "PVR cannot connect" error window and directly go to the Get IP window. The first error window/report gives the impression that something has gone wrong rather than the software not being configured for the correct IP address.

The problem that I was having when entering my IP for the first time and getting an error was down to my firewall. When first validating the IP the software tries to communicate with my ET10000 but is blocked by the firewall. My firewall asks if I want to allow the software to connect but by the time i have manually pressed the OK button the GuideGB software has already decided that it cannot communicate and errors. The second time of starting the software the firewall is now set up to accept the communication and everything works. Anyone else using a similar firewall is likely to be experiencing "errors" with the software on first use. Perhaps a much longer timeout or retry strategy or a hint in an error message about checking firewall settings?

leshay
26-08-17, 22:48
+1
On my machine the "Get IP" window is too small and by default the green continue button is completely hidden. A first time user may not understand that to continue the window needs to be re-sized to see the button in order to proceed further. Also, for the first time user/ first use do away with the first "PVR cannot connect" error window and directly go to the Get IP window. The first error window/report gives the impression that something has gone wrong rather than the software not being configured for the correct IP address.

The problem that I was having when entering my IP for the first time and getting an error was down to my firewall. When first validating the IP the software tries to communicate with my ET10000 but is blocked by the firewall. My firewall asks if I want to allow the software to connect but by the time i have manually pressed the OK button the GuideGB software has already decided that it cannot communicate and errors. The second time of starting the software the firewall is now set up to accept the communication and everything works. Anyone else using a similar firewall is likely to be experiencing "errors" with the software on first use. Perhaps a much longer timeout or retry strategy or a hint in an error message about checking firewall settings?

Hi

OK, that first Network pop up has gone.
Resized the default GetIP window - see if that is better

I wouldn't know how to avoid the Firewall stuff - can't think of a workaround - maybe a hint in the ReadMe ?

Version 2 posted.

Note to self: REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE DEBUG SETTING!!!!!!!!!

abu baniaz
22-12-20, 19:22
@leshay, can you re-upload your program please?

leshay
26-12-20, 18:31
Hi

OK, I have uploaded it again https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgEpHyV3DNo7gphP67CNZ92UkP8e5w?e=HVvwKO