PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] connect to STB fails

GiP
26-08-17, 15:27
Hi,

I am having problems connecting to my Duo2. It's a while since the last time I did that and since then I made some updates so I do not know where the problem is.

Now I have OpenVIX 5.0.025 installed and everything works, the STB is connected via WiFi and I can look for updates and load plugins so it's definitely online, the problem is that I cannot connect to it. I tried telnet SSH and ping from a Win 10 PC, and nothing works the IP address is not seen. it's a DHCP static address and the modem shows the connection with the proper IP.

There is something I have to do to allow connection to the Duo2, some kind of firewall to configure? Or it should work and the problem is the modem/rouer that doesn't redirect the protocol? I had a similar problem with that modem time ago but it was resolved with an update (I think).

I'd like to exclude problems with the STB before asking the ISP about the modem.... which is always messy

Thanks,

G

cactikid
26-08-17, 22:03
install samba on all units and then mount your devices which will allow you to view recordings from another e2 box.

birdman
27-08-17, 01:45
I tried telnet SSH and ping from a Win 10 PC, and nothing works the IP address is not seen. it's a DHCP static address and the modem shows the connection with the proper IP.Can you expand on that abit?
By "DHCP static address" do you mean you've configured your DHCP server to assign a specific address to the MAC address of the Duo2?
What do you mean by "the modem shows the connection with the proper IP"?

birdman
27-08-17, 01:46
install samba on all units and then mount your devices which will allow you to view recordings from another e2 box.Since he can't actually connect to the interface this isn't going to enable anything.

GiP
27-08-17, 08:19
Can you expand on that abit?
By "DHCP static address" do you mean you've configured your DHCP server to assign a specific address to the MAC address of the Duo2?
What do you mean by "the modem shows the connection with the proper IP"?

Yes, the modem is set up to reserve an IP to the MAC of the duo , and it lists it as connected with that address.
As an added info, I have a WiFi printer and I can use that, so at least in some cases the modem allows connections between devices.
G

GiP
27-08-17, 10:25
Update....

All of a sudden it started working! I didn't change anything, STB Modem PC are all the same.... At this point probably it was the modem that blocked the connection and for some reason now it works again. As I said I had a similar problem time ago with this modem, and it was resolved or so I thought, maybe not completely.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

G

P.S. There are some problems still... ping times are big (100s of ms) and sometimes one or two are lost but I don't think the STB has nothing to do with it.

cactikid
27-08-17, 15:13
sometimes a reboot of router and box clears issues as it might be worth a try.

bellejt
27-08-17, 15:30
why not set the static addres in the box with router IPLAN as gateway ?