PDA

View Full Version : DVB-C2 tuner issues

mrmattyc
25-08-17, 20:15
Since the great sky switch off, I've become reliant on my cable tuners.

I’ve noticed that I'm not getting the "dual" usage out of either of my cable tuners.

I have 2xdvb-c/t2 tuners & I'm only able to record one channel & watch another. Is there a setting in openvix I've not activated for the dual tuners to work?

One is connected directly with a "loop through" (I think its called) cable from "out" to cable "in" on the other tuner.

Sorry if I've missed something obvious but it's really frustrating me.

Any help would be appreciated.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ashley69
25-08-17, 20:31
Are both tuners enabled in tuner config menu?

mrmattyc
25-08-17, 20:45
Yes, both are activated.

If I record on tuner A it switches to tuner B when changing channel, but then unable to watch a third channel.

Ashley69
25-08-17, 20:55
Are they dual cable tuners? Form your description they are only 2 x single cable tuners you have.

abu baniaz
25-08-17, 21:10
You have two tuners. You can access many channels only on two frequencies.

If you select a channel on a third frequency, it will not work.

mrmattyc
25-08-17, 21:30
Are they dual cable tuners? Form your description they are only 2 x single cable tuners you have.

Hopefully they are, other wise I'm going to look a right clown.

I was told they were dual cable tuners when I bought the box. I've doubted it over the last few days & bought a GiGaBlue Twin Hybrid DVB-C / DVB-T2 Plug and Play Tuner Module from WOS & have seen no difference.

Have I just completly miss understood the tuners? Can I get a dual gigablue cable tuner for a quad+?

ccs
25-08-17, 21:39
You need a twin/dual tuner, I don't think there is one for the GB Quad+.

The hybrid DVB-C/T2 tuners you've got are single tuners for either cable or terrestrial, but not both.

abu baniaz
25-08-17, 22:12
How many tuners do you have? ( I did not ask how many tuner cards/modules you have).

Post a picture of your devices page.
Post a link to the cards you bought.