PDA

View Full Version : can i do a series link record on the vu+ duo ?

squig007
20-01-11, 19:37
im using current vix image ?

thanks
squig007

silverfox0786
20-01-11, 19:40
yes mate use the autotimer its the linux term for series record

squig007
20-01-11, 20:15
cheers pal -

Fekker
20-01-11, 23:27
Cool, that's something new I've learned. Just getting to grips with the VU+ Duo, I was hoping for something like this so that the wife doesn't notice i swapped out the Humax HDR.:smiley_yup:

Stanman
21-01-11, 11:58
Autotimer is no way near as good as the HDR for SL, its good but in my expeience it records virtually all incidents of the programme you specified.

The HDR SL links works as each series has its own unique code but this is not the case with AT

morini3andahalf
21-01-11, 14:41
Autotimer is no way near as good as the HDR for SL, its good but in my expeience it records virtually all incidents of the programme you specified.

The HDR SL links works as each series has its own unique code but this is not the case with AT

Agree with this. It is one of two things the mrs whinges about since I swapped or HDR for the Vu (the other is the way the audio seems to take a few seconds to kick in when unpausing a live broadcast). I end up setting up all her autotimers for her, but even then I seem to get duplicates. The Humax HDR series link was indeed very intuative and effective, shame the duo can't do a simialr job here.

Still, a small price to pay for the extra functionallity of an enigma 2 box.

squig007
21-01-11, 16:03
how exactly do i set teh box up to do a series link ?

Stanman
21-01-11, 16:21
when you are in the EPG, the coloured buttons should be mapped green is for a timer and blue for autotimer.