PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Zero Software update

Mike j
18-08-17, 17:52
Unable to carry out Software Updates so finally did a Factory reset and still unable. Can anybody help. Many thanks from a raw newbie.
Feeds are down for maintenance is the message.
also posted in wrong forum. Doh

cactikid
18-08-17, 19:59
usually can mean your on an old non supported image and would need to upgrade to ,save any important files first but maybe too late now.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/

Mike j
18-08-17, 21:30
Hi Can you point me in the right direction to an image to use and the best way to do this as I believe saving files is too late. Before I did the Factory reset the message was that the stb needed reformatting.
Thanks for the help

Andy_Hazza
18-08-17, 21:41
Use the Image Manager to couch flash your receiver. Download the latest image (5.0.025) from Blue Button > ViX > Image Manager & then press the Yellow Button (Downloads), highlight the latest image & press the Green Button to download. Once the download is completed, press the Red Button to close the download box and then highlight your downloaded image & press the Blue Button to Restore. Simples!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
19-08-17, 03:48
Best to make a settings backup, as well as image backup before flashing new image.

Mike j
19-08-17, 10:08
Use the Image Manager to couch flash your receiver. Download the latest image (5.0.025) from Blue Button > ViX > Image Manager & then press the Yellow Button (Downloads), highlight the latest image & press the Green Button to download. Once the download is completed, press the Red Button to close the download box and then highlight your downloaded image & press the Blue Button to Restore. Simples!!

Keep getting the message there is a problem with the device, please reformat. Does this suggest that the stb needs renewing? Thanks

cactikid
19-08-17, 10:18
faulty usb drive or external hdd powered with recordings,as a format will erase data.
if its a usb used for epg only then you can reformat it again on box and ext3 -ext4. that allows the usb to be used with box.

Mike j
19-08-17, 13:34
No USB or hdd has been used so would this suggest the fault lies within the stub itself?

abu baniaz
19-08-17, 14:07
Which image are you on at the moment?

There is nothing wrong with the receiver.

Mike j
19-08-17, 15:25
Hi I assume the image is Virtuosso Image Xtreme

Andy_Hazza
19-08-17, 16:10
Hi I assume the image is Virtuosso Image Xtreme

Assuming isn't good enough. Providing the proper Image Details is the correct way. Press Menu > Information > About. The latest ViX image (as of 19.08.17) is 5.0.025

Mike j
19-08-17, 16:27
Hi I have downloaded the latest 5.0.25 and opened it on the desktop and copied to a USB stick. Image on the stb is dated 2015-03-25 so many image updates since then. Not certain which number is the Vix image detail can you tell me if it is Kernel 3.13.5 Thanks

abu baniaz
19-08-17, 16:52
Save any important files, flash/install the most recent image which you have already downloaded.

Mike j
19-08-17, 19:16
Beginning to become a headbanger. USB is obviously being recognised as internal light flashes but will not trigger download to Zero in either USB port. Tried a freshly formatted FAT32 USB and still not recognised. Thanks for the help.

abu baniaz
19-08-17, 20:10
Have you tried Image Manager with this new USB?

Mike j
19-08-17, 22:14
Hi Image Manager with the USB installed lists all the latest images, the zero is connected to the internet, selecting the latest 5.0.025 brings up the screen Downloading Image.
Execution progress: does not show any progress but ViX is scrolling. What length of time should flashing take? It has been on this screen for 10 minutes, not the 2-4 mins in the manual.
Not convinced it is cracked, but got a lot further than earlier. Many thanks.

Mike j
19-08-17, 22:18
Screen changed. Brings up the list of latest images and asks which image to install again. Selected latest image to download again.

Mike j
19-08-17, 22:40
Hi Looks like we have cracked it, setting up now. Many thanks