PDA

View Full Version : Help please with finding a Sat

beeza
13-08-17, 19:11
Hi, Ive got a TM with a motorised 1 mtr dish. I get most of the sats I want but it must be very slightly out of alignment as I cant quite get 52e
although I used to get it ok. So, when I go 'Menu' then 'Motorised' and 'Move', I nudge it very slightly east i get a really good signal which is indicated
at the top of the on the top of the screen. question how can I hold this particular setting.

Any help greatly apprec.

By the way I have a TM F3/5 but I couldnt see a particular heading for this receiver, mods are most welcome to move this if I got it wrong, cheers.

Huevos
13-08-17, 21:07
If you receiver is configured as USALS you can't save individual satellites. Proper fix is to align the dish... or, if it is just a little bit out, you could just fudge the longitude setting.

beeza
13-08-17, 21:49
Thanks Huevos, yes thats what I mean, fudge the longitude setting, as you call it but can you explain how I do it please.

abu baniaz
13-08-17, 22:51
If you need to move the dish east, you pretend you are more west. As and example 0.26W becomes 0.46W
If you need to move the dish west, you pretend you are more east. As and example 0.26W becomes 0.06W

satmanbasil
05-12-18, 15:15
If you need to move the dish east, you pretend you are more west. As and example 0.26W becomes 0.46W
If you need to move the dish west, you pretend you are more east. As and example 0.26W becomes 0.06W

Depending on how much you use this bird to view you can always note the working channel, go to and use sat finder to nudge your dish towards the bird reading the signal strength
once you pulled the full signal possible simply exit sat finder programme to the channel.